Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

noodler wrote: »
    Another Halbred man. I like your style sir.

My crystal one is in bad shape as well. Wondering what I should do next with my Halbred +8.

The Halbred is a great weapon, nice bit of range on it, just gutted I didn't know that you can't repair crystal weapons.

I think my Raw halbred is at +3, need to get it to +5 if I want it to generate the same damage as the crystal.

Is there any speical Halbred that can be created from Boss souls? If so I'm definitely going to aim for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    The Halbred is a great weapon, nice bit of range on it, just gutted I didn't know that you can't repair crystal weapons.

I think my Raw halbred is at +3, need to get it to +5 if I want it to generate the same damage as the crystal.

Is there any speical Halbred that can be created from Boss souls? If so I'm definitely going to aim for that!

If you have the STR and DEX the Black Knight Halberd has an awsome moveset and reach but you would need to be lucky to get it to drop.

If you don't get it during the game you can always farm it in the area before the last boss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Oh my word. The Great Scythe is my favourite weapon in the game so far. Its move set is unbelieveable good, has great range and the attack speed is the best of all the polearms i have used yet. R2 is a lunging attack that hits in a massive cone infront of the user. Get this weapon and try it! You too will fall in love!

Ha, yea. I've been using it for the last week or two. Have it upgraded to Raw Great Scythe +5. It's phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm a fairly high level now. the stray demon in the asylum is pretty beastly,only tried him once though.

Didn't find him that tough tbh. Did him at level 50 or so. second try I think. The flames are the only thing that can hurt you because I couldn't find a spot to be safe from them. When they missed it seemed luck more than anything. But if you have enough health he will be dead before it becomes a problem anyway.

Big Knox wrote: »
    If you have the STR and DEX the Black Knight Halberd has an awsome moveset and reach but you would need to be lucky to get it to drop.

If you don't get it during the game you can always farm it in the area before the last boss!!

I used it for a good bit of the early game because it dropped of my second knight I think. Useful after the drake sword lost its potency but dropped it when I got the lightning spear in sens. Spear is quicker and you can attack with your guard up. I found Black Knight Halberd good but it didnt do enough damage. Maybe I should've stuck with it. I might upgrade it and find out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

What's the best way to kill the Moonlight Butterfly? Would firebombs be able to reach it when it's airborne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

What's the best way to kill the Moonlight Butterfly? Would firebombs be able to reach it when it's airborne?

if your melee just avoids its attacks till it lands and then pummel its face in then run when it starts its little aoe attack. then just repeat till dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Two options. Bow/soul arrow/pyro it to death or melee it.

The slow moving missiles it fires hurt hard so its best to avoid them. Stand infront of him and run to the right, then roll left when he fires them. I found that worked well.

You have to survive its attacks for about 90 seconds and then it lands. Thats when you go two handed and go to work on it. When it charges its glowy attack when it lands, its about to take off so run away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Go human, and there is a summon sign under a bush at the bottom of the stairs. It summons a ranged npc who can do a lot of damage to the boss. Just try and cover her a bit, or she will die early in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

land of giants...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Sorry to be a dick, but its spelled Halberd, not Halbred. Again my sincerest apologies for beng a dick

• Advertisement

Sorry to be a dick, but its spelled Halberd, not Halbred. Again my sincerest apologies for beng a dick

What a dick! :)

Fair enough my bad!

I must check if I have the black knight halberd, a lot of things were dropped during my trek around anor londo.

Didn't get to play any dark souls today :(

Better get a few hours in tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,276 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Word to the wise for anybody looking for the guide.

Obviously it can't be found online right now (maybe ebay) but I went around town today looking for it. Didn't seem to have any guides in Stephens Green Gamestop, or Game on Dawson Street but in Gamestop Henry St they have a guide stand but you can only see the one that is on the top of the pile because they are stacked.

Long story short, look under the Gears of War 3 guide on top and there are several of the Dark Souls guide available for 17e.

It is very big and it is hardback. Beautiful really - well worth the investment imo.

I'm seriously considering trading this in for Zelda or Uncharted next week. It's a great game, but i'm sick of getting angry at it. There are too many, imo, cheap ways that they increase the difficulty. Made plenty of progress tonight, but i just don't feel like the good aspects of the game can make up for the almost constant annoyance i feel towards it.

Ah well, maybe i'll calm down in a bit, but the last few minutes just annoyed the hell out of me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

noodler wrote: »
    Word to the wise for anybody looking for the guide.

Obviously it can't be found online right now (maybe ebay) but I went around town today looking for it. Didn't seem to have any guides in Stephens Green Gamestop, or Game on Dawson Street but in Gamestop Henry St they have a guide stand but you can only see the one that is on the top of the pile because they are stacked.

Long story short, look under the Gears of War 3 guide on top and there are several of the Dark Souls guide available for 17e.

It is very big and it is hardback. Beautiful really - well worth the investment imo.
    They had them in the back when I got mine in Stephen's green Gamestop.

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering trading this in for Zelda or Uncharted next week. It's a great game, but i'm sick of getting angry at it. There are too many, imo, cheap ways that they increase the difficulty. Made plenty of progress tonight, but i just don't feel like the good aspects of the game can make up for the almost constant annoyance i feel towards it.

Ah well, maybe i'll calm down in a bit, but the last few minutes just annoyed the hell out of me :o

Have you cleared it yet? I didnt find anything in the game that just made me rage hard to be honest. Some hard bits but i mostly felt it was my fault that i died. Although the hardest bit in the game isnt actually a boss. Its in the Tomb of Giants where you get the Big Divine Ember (+10) 5 giant skellies attacking you at the same time? I must have tried about 30 times to kill them and still havent yet. I got the ember alright but i JUST wanted to beat them, but its actually impossible.
    PvP wise i did rage and i have removed pvp from my play as its so frustrating getting teleport stabbed in the back. I mean like i attack someone with my scythe and it goes right through them then i get stabbed in the back by someone that was infront of me. Like why the **** am i getting lag and the other player obviously isnt since he managed to get behind me and ****ing stab me? What in the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,276 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I find this much fairer than Demons Souls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Duke's Archive today, some dastardly sorcerer placements!

Finally got the Butterfly Shield though. I chuckled manically the first time I used it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I always gets owned in pvp i dont know what the hell goes on, i had one guy just take my hp down in hit with some sword and i have like 40 vit, and earlier some mage guy just killed me before i could even hit him with some arrow thingies that were floating around him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Just killed my first guy in PvP there, smashed him with heavy soul arrow a few times and he went down, I'd have been wrecked in close combat though he had a crazy looking weapon. A nice 10K souls though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Duke's Archive today, some dastardly sorcerer placements!

Finally got the Butterfly Shield though. I chuckled manically the first time I used it :)

the alternative parry attack wears the shield down very fast, great ranged attack though

• Advertisement

Have my eyes on a Moonlight Butterfly Horn (as it has B scaling with INT) but I can't find any reports on whether it's any use, seems like everyone is opting for the shield before it gets nerfed.

It only has 110 Magic Damage and I'd need it to generate 250+ from scaling to make it viable. Cant see that happening unless you had a INT stat of 80!

Have you cleared it yet? I didnt find anything in the game that just made me rage hard to be honest. Some hard bits but i mostly felt it was my fault that i died. Although the hardest bit in the game isnt actually a boss. Its in the Tomb of Giants where you get the Big Divine Ember (+10) 5 giant skellies attacking you at the same time? I must have tried about 30 times to kill them and still havent yet. I got the ember alright but i JUST wanted to beat them, but its actually impossible.
    PvP wise i did rage and i have removed pvp from my play as its so frustrating getting teleport stabbed in the back. I mean like i attack someone with my scythe and it goes right through them then i get stabbed in the back by someone that was infront of me. Like why the **** am i getting lag and the other player obviously isnt since he managed to get behind me and ****ing stab me? What in the ****.

I actually didn't find the bit you mentioned that hard. I just jumped across to the other ledge and ran to the very corner and let them chase me. Then when they were all under me I jumped, attacked and ran back to the ladder, climbed and repeat... several times!

I've since calmed down since last night, and won't be trading it. Just had a hell of a night of falling from invisible walkways, getting invaded at the wrong moment, having giant clams following me into a boss fight, and than finally killing Seath and dying to a curse only for me to revive with 50% hp and Seath still alive :mad:

Bah! Getting angry again :P

I've since calmed down since last night, and won't be trading it. Just had a hell of a night of falling from invisible walkways, getting invaded at the wrong moment, having giant clams following me into a boss fight, and than finally killing Seath and dying to a curse only for me to revive with 50% hp and Seath still alive :mad:

How are you dying and getting cursed by Seath??? Easiest Boss in the game!! :pac:

Just get as light as possible and stay behind her first big flipper and it's a cake walk!!

Edit: Is Seath a he or she??? :confused:

Big Knox wrote: »
    How are you dying and getting cursed by Seath??? Easiest Boss in the game!! :pac:

Just get as light as possible and stay behind her first big flipper and it's a cake walk!!

Edit: Is Seath a he or she??? :confused:

That's why i was getting annoyed. It's a simple fight, that i just kept dying on. Stupid things were killing me (like Giant Clam or jumping instead of rolling). I know it's my fault, rather than the game (in this case), but i was still furious :P

Will kill him/her/it later, unless i get BF3 working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Just got to scaleless dragon. on level 70 and then ps3 died. think this is a game that i won,t clear. i advise ye to back up your data for the game

Christ! I'm considering trading it in after reading that!:P

Seath is a very hard fight from the outset. I was gobbsmacked and thought i would be stuck on this boss the rest of my life. Until Big Knox tells me you just follow his left flipper and he cant actually hit you...easiest boss in the game :D

And Seath is a he. You know Pricilla in the painted world, thats his daughter, and her mother is... Guinevere. Yeah. Seath and Guinevere did it.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got Seath second time around. First I misjudged the location of the crystal (thought it was behind Seath!) and got pwned trying to run around him. Then the clams showed up and the rest is history. By history I mean death.

But yeah, he's a slow ****er, and managed to avoid curse with ringwraith costume. Some careful strafing and a few shots of handy dandy crystal shield and boom.

Purchased crystal homing soulmass, which frankly is as overpowered as the crystal shield :D A low intelligence requirement as well. Can take care off most of the stronger 'standard' enemies with nary a bother. The Minor Capra Demon's are particularly easy with it.

I ****ing hated Demon Firesage. If he gets to long range you're ****ed with his stupid attack range. Close-up the fight is much easier though. Old butterfly shield once again the daily special.

And to round up a productive session fought centipede demon. Took around three attempts, but once you learn the attack patterns it's not the worst. His slam attack is super-easy to avoid and does only minimal damage anyway.

• Advertisement

That's why i was getting annoyed. It's a simple fight, that i just kept dying on. Stupid things were killing me (like Giant Clam or jumping instead of rolling). I know it's my fault, rather than the game (in this case), but i was still furious :P

Will kill him/her/it later, unless i get BF3 working.

Those clams were hilarious, for some reason the first time I came across them and one started running at me I couldn't stop laughing just picturing it waddling along going NYOM NYOM NYOM NYOM and then he did actually catch me and try eat me!!! :D
    Seath is a very hard fight from the outset. I was gobbsmacked and thought i would be stuck on this boss the rest of my life. Until Big Knox tells me you just follow his left flipper and he cant actually hit you...easiest boss in the game :D

And Seath is a he. You know Pricilla in the painted world, thats his daughter, and her mother is... Guinevere. Yeah. Seath and Guinevere did it.....

Ahh yes that's true I remember hearing that so I should have figured that one out lol. Would love to see how that went down...
    actually now that I think about it that's not a Curse it's Clamydia and those clams are massive crabs!
    THE HORROR!!!! :P

Advertisement