Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    Is going back to the asylum optional too? Or will i have to go soon anyway

Yeah, you don't have to do it, but there's a few nice items and an optional mini-boss (harder version of the first boss that you access by falling through the floor).

You get there by
    using the lift between Firelink and Undead Parish. As it's going up towards the Parish, there's a small ledge you can jump onto (it's easier if you're in the lift on the right hand side facing outwards). Then, there's a butress of sorts you can roll onto to get access to a ruined tower. Climb it and you'll find a nest where you can 'roll up in ball'. Wait, and voila.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Wossack wrote: »
    optional alright yea :)

though, not sure how you've gotten so far without the rusted iron ring! (allows normal movement through water/swamps etc)
    I finished the game without it :s

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finished the game without it :s

Blighttown swamp must have been a pain in the arse :eek:

Not really, if you roll you can make it onto land without being pisoned everywhere except the lair!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I didn't have the ring doing Blighttown either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

the hydras, or the titanite demons down in the tar in Sens - yikes! I couldnt imagine trying it without

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Wossack wrote: »
    optional alright yea :)

though, not sure how you've gotten so far without the rusted iron ring! (allows normal movement through water/swamps etc)

That would have been very handy for blightown and the titanite demons in sen's fortress.

I'm going to go back to the asylum next so!

I'd be more impressed if anyone managed Lost Izliath without the lava ring :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Patch notes are out for the forthcoming patch. Check em out here...

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

trollface.jpg?1296494117

No problem, used http://translate.google.com/# and got the following:
    News updates delivered ver1.04
    (As of November 1, 10:20 min, 2011)
    Software-only PlayStation ® 3 "Dark Soul" at, so we have confirmed delivery dates for new updates ver1.04, will guide you.

Ver1.04 updates
    November 02 (Wednesday) will be distributed from 12:00
    The main contents are as follows: the corresponding correction.

The main items to be improved [fix]
    • Some magic, review of the effectiveness
    "Magic shield", "magic shield" strong
    "History of gentle peace" effects such as slow
    "Ring of the Mist"
    "Iron Body"
    To attribute weapon · weapons capability review of the balance
    Adjustment of magic / armor / weapon - other
    "Magic fire" magic power and tuning corrections
    · Matching condition adjustment Multiplayer
    Seoul hosts control the amount of time you kill a boss to obtain • In multiplayer (get full)
    - "Orb cracked red eye" when it fails to break in using a fixed number of uses such as high rate
    Adjust the amount of time you kill a enemy acquisition Seoul
    Adjusting items when defeated enemy drops
    Some bosses, "humanity" and "bone fragment return" drop the
    Item drop rate adjustments and commitments reinforced materials, especially low drop rate
    Effect adjustment · Person may increase power by finding items
    • The shop lineup adjustments

Merchants of Immortality (M)
    "Bottomless wooden box" Add
    Merchants of Immortality (Female)
    "Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt" Add
    Andrei blacksmith
    "Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt" Add
    The Xena Donaru
    If the ritual after moving to the next day, and "universal key" Add
    Giant blacksmith
    "Arrow" normal, "or" big "feather and", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt," "Sniper Bolt"
    "Fragments of a stone wedge," "fragments of the rock wedge," "fragments of the green wedge", "shining stone wedge",
    Box "fire weapons", "fire armor box," box "repair" Add
    Vamos blacksmith
    "Arrow" normal, "or" big, "and the tree", "Normal Bolt," "Heavy Bolt", "Wood Bolt"
    "Fragments of a stone wedge," "Box arms fire," "fire armor box," box "repair" Add
    Inguuado Healer
    "Curse of the temporary" add
    Pledge - "Warriors of the Sun" downward adjustment constraints (× 5 ≧ 25 + multiplayer number of successful faith × 5 ≧ 50 ⇒ number of successful faith + Multiplayer)
    Downward adjustments required indulgences Soul (level × 2000 ⇒ level × 500)
    · Adjust the weight with
    Lock-on, adjusting and locking toggle
    • Enable modification of the case hangs
    • The display changes to level Seoul menu
    Behavior modification, and magic items available indefinitely for a specific operation ·
    Fixed problem that the imposition of a one-second delay Attacks
    • 2 on lap, "Astra Soraru" behavior modification event does not proceed
    - "The Quest for King Furamuto" wedge stones by feeding, the number exceeds the possession of the stone wedge 99, the number of bug fixes and zero possession
    The phenomenon that hooked on the map at a particular location · inability to avoid progression
    With the change of the overseas version, some changes in the English subtitles appear in production

- - How to Apply the latest updates ver1.04
    Quit the game once on the check that is connected online, please start the game again.
    The latest updates are downloaded automatically when you start the game, will be applied.

This time it took to long to deliver updates to the file, it will also slow down the guide, apologizes.

Some form of gibberish...:p

Downward adjustments required indulgences Soul (level × 2000 ⇒ level × 500)

I'm guessing that means absolution?

Which would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

all Im really getting from that, is that theres gonna be alot more vendors selling arrows/bolts :)

no mention (?) of any weapon balance changes, or str/dex adjustments though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Giant Blacksmith will now sell:
    "Fragments of a stone wedge," "fragments of the rock wedge," "fragments of the green wedge", "shining stone wedge",

I'm gathering Shining stone will be White Titanite not Twinkling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Good to see the patch coming along, no mention of the crystal ring shield

EDIT: for those looking for easy humanity those baby skeletons outside nito boss area are ripe with it, Had 32 humanity and the ring equiped and got 36 humanity drops.
    The prowling demon in lost Izlith is a great resource for demon titanite .

I'd be more impressed if anyone managed Lost Izliath without the lava ring :D

I accept your challenge! :)

Just one question, is the entire boss area covered in lava? If so I forfeit now.

yup pretty much!

I accept your challenge! :)

Just one question, is the entire boss area covered in lava? If so I forfeit now.

You could actually get to the boss without it if you were in the correct covenant.

Standard route, though, you have to trudge through a sea of lava occupied by dozens of half dragons to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

tonydude wrote: »
    Good to see the patch coming along, no mention of the crystal ring shield

EDIT: for those looking for easy humanity those baby skeletons outside nito boss area are ripe with it, Had 32 humanity and the ring equiped and got 36 humanity drops.
    The prowling demon in lost Izlith is a great resource for demon titanite .

Actually being doing exactly this! Cept i was actually farming the Pinwheel Clones for White Titanite Slabs, but a few baby skels get caught up in the fight and, well ye know...Best place for humanity no doubt + very nice for souls as an added bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

yay for me ! got the furysword , have it upgraded to +4 . its a very nice fast weapon. ran out of material to upgrade. think its later in the game i can find more (titantite chunks ? can't remember off hand)

just putting down my summoning sign to help with sens fortress and anor londo. sometimes getting summoned quickly, other times can take 20 mins.
    great fun helping people pass a level for the first time

2smiggy wrote: »
    yay for me ! got the furysword , have it upgraded to +4 . its a very nice fast weapon. ran out of material to upgrade. think its later in the game i can find more (titantite chunks ? can't remember off hand)

You can buy standard Titanite chunks at the blacksmith beside the Parish for 800 souls a pop. When you head down into the depths, there's a corridor just before a bonfire that contains tonnes of weird blob things. Farm there and they drop large titanite chunks (for raw / standard upgrades) and green ones (for divine upgrades) too.

Upgraded a Halbeard to +5 Fire. Excuse me while I cackle manically! Was super handy down in the Tomb of Giants. Got by Nito second time around - a mere four hits with crystal ring shield and it was a piece of cake!

Farmed for humanities at the baby skeletons (super handy!) and bought up all the remaining sorceries and pyromancies (including the Covenant ones), but neither trophy unlocked :( Obviously a few lying around on cliffs somewhere I have to go search for. Boo.

Other than that, only the final boss left to go!

You can buy standard Titanite chunks at the blacksmith beside the Parish for 800 souls a pop. When you head down into the depths, there's a corridor just before a bonfire that contains tonnes of weird blob things. Farm there and they drop large titanite chunks (for raw / standard upgrades) and green ones (for divine upgrades) too.

Upgraded a Halbeard to +5 Fire. Excuse me while I cackle manically! Was super handy down in the Tomb of Giants. Got by Nito second time around - a mere four hits with crystal ring shield and it was a piece of cake!

Farmed for humanities at the baby skeletons (super handy!) and bought up all the remaining sorceries and pyromancies (including the Covenant ones), but neither trophy unlocked :( Obviously a few lying around on cliffs somewhere I have to go search for. Boo.

Other than that, only the final boss left to go!

the vendor in sens fortress sells large chunks too for 5000 , if i get summoned once at the iron golem it will give me 15000 , have about 5000 on me, should be enough to upgrade to +5.

i may be well over leveled (at 50 now) so thats why i may not be getting summoned so easily. also why when i summon people they seem to be super human !! never really played demons souls so i am finally getting the idea on how the upgrading of weapons works.

like i said before, i am not the best at these sort of games so its nice to be able to make progress.

• Advertisement

Yeah, upgraded weapons make a huge difference. I have maxed our raw, enchanted, lightning, occult and fire weapons and have made lots of use out of them all at various points (except enchanted / occult, which are new additions, and weaker than some other weapons alas). Loads of them can't be fully upgraded until near the end, though, when you start tracking down chunks and large embers.

just seen this

youtube link
    snuggly glitch , handy for demon titanite !

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Has anyone ever come across someone who uses Crystal Magic Weapon + Stone Greatsword? I encountered my first one and I have to say they are sad people, invading me and killing me cheaply has no benefits, they just waste a cracked red eye orb, when they could have actually had a good PvP fight instead :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Ok so what does it do? Deal massive damage? or have an area affect attack?

Just making sure. I went back to the asylum and got 2 items - the ring and the rag doll and I beat the boss who was a lot harder then the fire version you meet after ceaseless discharge.

Anyway is that everything in the Undead Asylum?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Anyway is that everything in the Undead Asylum?

There are 2 Black Knights, and that guy who you met at the very start of the game is Hallow, but other than that, yeah.

Oh, and Snuggly.

Kiith wrote: »
    There are 2 Black Knights, and that guy who you met at the very start of the game is Hallow, but other than that, yeah.

Oh, and Snuggly.
    I Killed the 2 black knights alright and I heard about snuggly but didn't go near it. Didn't meet the guy who turned hollow though, does he give anything important?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He drops a shield, but it's pretty meh. It's upstairs above the 2nd bonfire, where the guy died at the start of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

2smiggy wrote: »
    the vendor in sens fortress sells large chunks too for 5000 , if i get summoned once at the iron golem it will give me 15000 , have about 5000 on me, should be enough to upgrade to +5.

i may be well over leveled (at 50 now) so thats why i may not be getting summoned so easily. also why when i summon people they seem to be super human !! never really played demons souls so i am finally getting the idea on how the upgrading of weapons works.

like i said before, i am not the best at these sort of games so its nice to be able to make progress.

I was only level 32 at Sens and wasn't gettign summoned either so it is tough to tell. Online seems so bad to me at the moment.

The weapon upgrading is far better in this one - it was absolutely retarded in Demons Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

Ok so what does it do? Deal massive damage? or have an area affect attack?

In the range of the slowing spell that the Stone Greatsword has, endless damage is dealt and it's impossible to survive, and he also threw a Lloyd's Talisman to prevent me healing.

Advertisement