Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

The baby skeletons in tomb of the giants are defo the best place to farm humanity. They die in one hit, and they keep respawning so you dont need to go back to bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Arrgghh just turned it on for a quick spin and Both Solare and Launtrac (gold guy) died in the gaping dragon battle.... what exactly happens if they die as phantoms?

I beat the dragon if that makes a difference? :)

Hopefully I wont spend all night on this thing again lol

Danonino. wrote: »
    Arrgghh just turned it on for a quick spin and Both Solare and Launtrac (gold guy) died in the gaping dragon battle.... what exactly happens if they die as phantoms?

I beat the dragon if that makes a difference? :)

Hopefully I wont spend all night on this thing again lol

Phantoms dying is no big deal. Doesnt effect anything.

How'd you get lautrec though ?

Spunge wrote: »
    Phantoms dying is no big deal. Doesnt effect anything.

How'd you get lautrec though ?

I was surprised at lautrec to be honest. Solaires summon sign is above the stairs before the gaping demon, Lautrecs was opposite where you pick up the heavy crossbow. Pretty much on the other side of the round wall where solaires is. :) its kinda hidden for some reason.

I never seen it before but thats because I killed him for his ring, and because he has a creepy as fu*k laugh.

edit: oh and thanks :) I was afraid I was after screwing up siomehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Oh my word. The Great Scythe is my favourite weapon in the game so far. Its move set is unbelieveable good, has great range and the attack speed is the best of all the polearms i have used yet. R2 is a lunging attack that hits in a massive cone infront of the user. Get this weapon and try it! You too will fall in love!

• Advertisement

Oh my word. The Great Scythe is my favourite weapon in the game so far. Its move set is unbelieveable good, has great range and the attack speed is the best of all the polearms i have used yet. R2 is a lunging attack that hits in a massive cone infront of the user. Get this weapon and try it! You too will fall in love!

I was considering it on my SL 110 character. I mainly use uchigatana but need a wider reaching weapon. Plus you look like the grim reaper when you wield it with the gold-hemmed armour.

Need to upgrade it to something though.

Also has anyone used the Lifehunt Scythe ?
    i was thinking if making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Still loving my Halbred+8 (or crystal) and my Divine Falchion.

(non-Drake Sword/lightning spear weapons anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

YESS! I finally managed to defeat the Gargoyles. I just layed hard into the first one by using a 2 handed attack with my Broadsword+3. The 2nd fire breathing Gargoyle was easy enough once the first one went down. I spent ages levelling up at the Undead Burg, constantly increasing my strength stats.

A great way of gettting cheap souls is to climb up to the bridge with the Red Dragon from the Undead Burg bonfire. Then run out to the bridge and immediately run back down the stairs again. The Dragon will fry the skeleton soldiers on the bridge givving you 300 cheap and easy souls:)

Anyway I've rang the first bell and I've bought both a Weapon and an Armor reinforcement kit off the Blacksmith near the Church so I'm signing off the Xbox for the evening for a well deserved cup of coffee:) (I'm off on hols from work for the week so I've plenty of Xbox time:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What a waste of time. After deciding to go to the catacombs and beating pinwheel very easily (i'd say i must have been over leveled at 48) I decided to continue on to the tomb. Defintely the most frustrating area yet due to it being dark. Finally after a million attempts I get to the end where I can't even enter!

Please God there is a quick way out or even a way out? I'm back at the first bonfire in the tomb of giants and don't know where to go! :(

I was looking through the guide and had decided this could be the weapon for my cleric :) It has B scaling for faith when its leveled up to occult, and causes bleed damage :eek:
    I was afraid of it having a ****ty moveset but after reading this the catacombs cant come soon enough :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

I really wanna get my hands on that scythe too I poured alot points into DEX I have found nothing yet to utilise DEX properly :(

stooodent wrote: »
    I really wanna get my hands on that scythe too I poured alot points into DEX I have found nothing yet to utilise DEX properly :(

By the looks of it the Painted gaurdian sword seems to be the best Dex scaling weapon. I have no idea what it looks like/where you get it as I refuse to look at any of the area/enemy hints in the guide :D so I just have a small thumbnail to go on and a whole load of numbers ;)

But yeah as a weapon for Dex it looks awesome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just bitch slapped the Gargoyles with my Sorcerer. Only lvl15 as well :P

Danonino. wrote: »
    By the looks of it the Painted gaurdian sword seems to be the best Dex scaling weapon. I have no idea what it looks like/where you get it as I refuse to look at any of the area/enemy hints in the guide :D so I just have a small thumbnail to go on and a whole load of numbers ;)

But yeah as a weapon for Dex it looks awesome.

I actually just got this sword. Its a drop from the...well, uh, Painting Guardians in Anor Londo. Its not really a sword as it has a dagger moveset. The R2 x2 attack is unique and really cool looking, how effective it is i have no idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Completed the painted world there, nothing too stressful. Except maybe the first time you pop down to the sewers and old wheelies make their unwanted reappearance.

Have started trekking onwards in Anor Londo. ****ing javelins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Dark souls reminds me of this scene in the holy grail

wish the black knight was alot more friendly in the game like this chap :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Kiith wrote: »
    Just bitch slapped the Gargoyles with my Sorcerer. Only lvl15 as well :P
    I found them the most awkward boss so far to magic to death. Did you Soul Arrow it or melee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

messing around the lava place now, anyways put down a stone and was summoned, some dude had the butterfly shield and was doing insane damage with it. Saw him take 560 off one of the burrowing worms, it was funny though, all that damage and the fire age 1 shotted him. By the time I got through the fog I was being sent back to my world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

finished it off bout an hour ago, new game plus is like easy mode as you know what you need to do and where the shortcuts are, rang both bells within 5 mins of each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

So proud of myself killing priscella last night - not sure she was supposed to, but she was invis the whole fight :o after a good bit of trial and error (ah fuggit! dead) worked out an absolutely foolproof way of killing her :D

Killed sif too, but.. :'(

Smough and ornstein, I just don't know how I'm gonna get them :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

A great way of gettting cheap souls is to climb up to the bridge with the Red Dragon from the Undead Burg bonfire. Then run out to the bridge and immediately run back down the stairs again. The Dragon will fry the skeleton soldiers on the bridge givving you 300 cheap and easy souls:)

I use to run under the bridge and shoot a arrow at the dragon, he comes down fireballs the bridge and you soak up 300 souls without moving. A nice little earner on the way to kill those Rats!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah she's invisible. I had read that poison mist did the hardwork you, but I missed her as I presumed using it would kick the fight off :(. Fire orb, however, was super powerful against her and made her visible. She hits hard though, so I had a stressful last few blind spear thrusts when I ran out of fire and Esteus Flasks. Somehow fluked through first time though!
    Wossack wrote: »
    So proud of myself killing priscella last night - not sure she was supposed to, but she was invis the whole fight :o after a good bit of trial and error (ah fuggit! dead) worked out an absolutely foolproof way of killing her :D

Killed sif too, but.. :'(

Smough and ornstein, I just don't know how I'm gonna get them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've a few questions before I get home from work and back to playing.

Is there a quick way out of the tomb of the giants?

Where do I go next? I have nothing to kill the ghosts in the ruins, there was an enormous door blocking my way in the valley of the drakes and I just came to a dead end in Anor Londo after killing the demon with the wings and axe as a tail!

Any ideas?

tok9 wrote: »
    I've a few questions before I get home from work and back to playing.

Where do I go next? I have nothing to kill the ghosts in the ruins, there was an enormous door blocking my way in the valley of the drakes and I just came to a dead end in Anor Londo after killing the demon with the wings and axe as a tail!

Any ideas?

There is a pathway up the arch of the building on your left just as you exit the first elevator in Anor Londo. You drop down on the left and walk up the buttress, after that its easy to fine your way. There is no quick way out of Tomb of Giants, you have to backtrack it, bummer. Dont visit New Londo yet, you cant clear it until you have cleared Anor Londo. The doorway in Valley of Drakes leads to New Londo. It can only be opened from inside New Londo. Clearing Anor Londo is your main goal right now. After you do that about 4 new places open up to you and you can choose which one you want to challenge first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Unless you have the Lordvessal, i don't think so. You need to go back the way you came in.

Any ideas?

Use a Transient Curse to let you fight ghosts, and than they will (might) drop a dagger which you can use against them without the need of the curse. And in Anor Londo, just before where you killed the Gargoyle, there is a ledge that you can drop onto and run across to the other building. I got stuck there for a while as well.

I am never ever farming for humanity again.

Some progress:

1) Finally killed the Hydra today. And therefore got to the higher parts of Darkroot. Also killed Sif, and was slightly sad when killing the baby mushroom men.

2) From there I reached what I believe was the Forest Covenant. Unfortunately I saw some dog thing sitting in a window and shot an arrow at it and got the response "what a fool we have, what a fool". I then had to slaughtered a variety of NPCs (some ghost some not). So looks like I ballsed that up. Lots of souls though.

3) Finally found a cataylst.

4) What do I need to upgrade my Divine Falchion further?

noodler wrote: »
    I saw some dog thing sitting in a window and shot an arrow at it

:pac:

lol'd

noodler you're not having very much luck with NPCs, are you :P

The first rule of Dark Souls - do not kill anything that does not wish to kill you unless you have a very good reason for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

noodler wrote: »
    Lots of souls though.

Yup, 7K worth of souls for 90 seconds work. Rinse and repeat...:D

• Advertisement

noodler you're not having very much luck with NPCs, are you :P

The first rule of Dark Souls - do not kill anything that does not wish to kill you unless you have a very good reason for it.

Yah, I thought it was a trap - like I would stick my head under the window and it would get ripped off.

Ah well. Back to Andor Londo with me.

Advertisement