Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Any tips for the Smough and the other guy?

Killed fatso handy enough. But then your man absorbed him and one hit me by impaling me on his lightning sword spear thing. I also wasn't doing much damagw on him with Lightning Spear +3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

noodler wrote: »
    Any tips for the Smough and the other guy?

Killed fatso handy enough. But then your man absorbed him and one hit me by impaling me on his lightning sword spear thing. I also wasn't doing much damagw on him with Lightning Spear +3.
    you wont as he's lightning, I got lucky, you just need to avoid his lightning by rolling when he fires it and switch between havels shield for blocking and cresent for stamina regen and chip away. If you kill him first, fatso mashes him and becomes electric which is the easier of the two i find

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Have to spend tonight's session trying to get another three INT levels-up.

I spent 40,000 precious souls on Soul Spear without checking what the required INT level was :P I imagined my long-time soul arrow wielding Ringwraith would more than qualify!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭OldManJenkin

I fought Seath The Scaless, getting cursed in the progress, so I decided I'd use that oppurtunity to go to New Londo Ruins.
    I was seriously dissapointed with the Four Kings fight, took around one minute or so, although I am extremely overleveled (72) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I fought Seath The Scaless, getting cursed in the progress, so I decided I'd use that oppurtunity to go to New Londo Ruins.
    I was seriously dissapointed with the Four Kings fight, took around one minute or so, although I am extremely overleveled (72) :p

Everything after ornstein+smough and before the last boss was super easy for me. I was about the same level though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Made the shield out of the butterfly soul very handy, l2 launches an attack for around 500 damage, against slow or static enemies its lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Pinwheel was ultra easy. He made a couple copies of himself....and I walked up and hit him. He died in like 2 hits. I feel i missed out on this fight because Im level 88 or something. :p

The darkness after that is :mad::mad::mad::mad: GRRRrrrRR argh. Very annoying. Must have died a dozen times before I found a light.

I must say I think the trickiest fight is definately Ornstein and Smough. Big, slow and powerfull coupled with Small, quick and ranged attack. I died more on these than any other boss. I ended up kiting them around the room and trying to get Ornstein on his own to hit him a few times....then repeating.

When he went down and Smough absorbed him, the only reliable way of fighting I found was to use my bow and just kite him around the room. He just hit too hard with his buttslam. Easier to just avoid him and kill from afar.

Painted world was easy. The boss at the end was cool because she was invisible. Keep her on the snow and you can see here footsteps to know where she is. Enjoyed this fight.

But maybe somebody can explain the big dragon in the painted world to me? I two handed hit him and he stood up and did.....nothing. There was stuff behind him but behind I couldn't reach it because of the drop off a cliff. What did I miss here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kirby wrote: »
    But maybe somebody can explain the big dragon in the painted world to me? I two handed hit him and he stood up and did.....nothing. There was stuff behind him but behind I couldn't reach it because of the drop off a cliff. What did I miss here?

You missed nothing. I dunno what drop off the cliff for items your talking about but the path after the zombie dragon is pretty much a shortcut to the boss, although all you skip are a few zombies...

I dont get the point of Divine and Occult damage. I have a Divine Lucerne and an Occult Great Scythe and the difference in damage versus enemys that you think would be weak to either damage type is almost non existent. Sure the Occult Great Scythe was doing more damage to Nito than a Divine Polearm of similiar level! Does this just seem wrong to anybody else?

I remember in Demons Souls 2-1. Those mobs you fight for pretty much the entire area. Slashing damage did almost no damage against them, where as piercing damage did a heck of a lot. Seems like FromSoft just abandoned this game mechanics in Dark Souls, which is a shame...

Oh another note: I found a massive mace named Grant that requires 50 STR to wield! But it has an "A" multiplier for DEX!? Madness. And the HP regen shield sucks. I though upgrading it might increase how fast it heals you but its absolutely dire. I miss my Adjudicator's Shield :(

You missed nothing. I dunno what drop off the cliff for items your talking about but the path after the zombie dragon is pretty much a shortcut to the boss, although all you skip are a few zombies...

I dont get the point of Divine and Occult damage. I have a Divine Lucerne and an Occult Great Scythe and the difference in damage versus enemys that you think would be weak to either damage type is almost non existent. Sure the Occult Great Scythe was doing more damage to Nito than a Divine Polearm of similiar level! Does this just seem wrong to anybody else?

I remember in Demons Souls 2-1. Those mobs you fight for pretty much the entire area. Slashing damage did almost no damage against them, where as piercing damage did a heck of a lot. Seems like FromSoft just abandoned this game mechanics in Dark Souls, which is a shame...

Oh another note: I found a massive mace named Grant that requires 50 STR to wield! But it has an "A" multiplier for DEX!? Madness. And the HP regen shield sucks. I though upgrading it might increase how fast it heals you but its absolutely dire. I miss my Adjudicator's Shield :(
    Advantage of devine weapons is it stops skeletons regenerating which really helps in a certain boss fight.

I has the grant, must try it out, using my dragon great sword + 4 atm It does an ungodly amount of damage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Where can i deposit my extra items

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »
    Where can i deposit my extra items
    you can buy a drop box of a merchant and can use it at bonfires

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

you can buy a drop box of a merchant and can use it at bonfires

Any merchant?

not too sure so have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I upgraded my Iaito to divine to go through the catacombs. Not good damage but it helped with the skeletons coz they don't respawn so you arent in a rush to find the Necromancers.

I didn't use it for the Nito fight though. Just did him 5 mins ago. Just avoided the skeletons and went to work on nito. His melee is just....awful. If you strafe around him he misses with every swing. When he does his magic attack just block or back away because you can see it coming. Got him on my second try. First time I had no Flasks left but the second time I had 5 and didn't even need em all.

Have to say I was a little disappointed. He's in the intro and looked so cool. I was looking forward to an epic fight but I think im 25 or so levels too high so it wasn't difficult. Oh well. Im hoping on NG+ he is like a beast and one shots me. :p

I upgraded my Iaito to divine to go through the catacombs. Not good damage but it helped with the skeletons coz they don't respawn so you arent in a rush to find the Necromancers.

I didn't use it for the Nito fight though. Just did him 5 mins ago. Just avoided the skeletons and went to work on nito. His melee is just....awful. If you strafe around him he misses with every swing. When he does his magic attack just block or back away because you can see it coming. Got him on my second try. First time I had no Flasks left but the second time I had 5 and didn't even need em all.

Have to say I was a little disappointed. He's in the intro and looked so cool. I was looking forward to an epic fight but I think im 25 or so levels too high so it wasn't difficult. Oh well. Im hoping on NG+ he is like a beast and one shots me. :p
    I'm a fairly high level now. the stray demon in the asylum is pretty beastly,only tried him once though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Advantage of devine weapons is it stops skeletons regenerating which really helps in a certain boss fight.

I has the grant, must try it out, using my dragon great sword + 4 atm It does an ungodly amount of damage!!

It does decent damage alright but lightning weapons still beat it by a fair amount!! :/

If you have 50 STR and want to use the best strength weapons available I advise upgrading the Demon weapons (Hammer, Machete and Axe) they do the best damage for a strength build when +15!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Actually upgrading I rember in demons blunt weapons used make sh1t of skeletons. Btw is there any short to the giants tomb found at least 1 in the other places.

Big Knox wrote: »
    It does decent damage alright but lightning weapons still beat it by a fair amount!! :/

If you have 50 STR and want to use the best strength weapons available I advise upgrading the Demon weapons (Hammer, Machete and Axe) they do the best damage for a strength build when +15!!
    lightning spear does nowhere near the damage my dragon great sword does does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

noodler wrote: »
    I actually do have it, hit a brick wall at 7. Haven't gotten anything in the last half dozen trips.
    EDIT: Just got two in one trip for I think the first time. Up to 9 now.
    I farmed there for hours its get easier once you hit 17 or so , being human also helps . Farming chunks in the ruins myself with 30 humanity, very easy to get

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Lordvassal is massive! Where the hell does the character store it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

The Lordvassal is massive! Where the hell does the character store it :pac:

You run around with 100s of MASSIVE weapons, Bulky armour and other assorted goods... Yet you point out something as trivial as the lordvassal:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

lightning spear does nowhere near the damage my dragon great sword does does!

Lightning spear won't but any of the bigger lightning weapons will, my claymore does more damage (albeit slightly more) than the dragon greatsword or axe they're both +5.

They of course have advantages aswell, smashing through guards and knocking people around which is always fun!!

If you have 50 STR i'd advise getting the Demon Great Axe to +15 does more damage than the dragon weapons and you can enhance it by applying fire or lightning if you buy them off the vendors!!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Lightning spear won't but any of the bigger lightning weapons will, my claymore does more damage (albeit slightly more) than the dragon greatsword or axe they're both +5.

They of course have advantages aswell, smashing through guards and knocking people around which is always fun!!

If you have 50 STR i'd advise getting the Demon Great Axe to +15 does more damage than the dragon weapons and you can enhance it by applying fire or lightning if you buy them off the vendors!!
    Will have a look when I get back to it next week or whenever as battlefield 3 is out tonight :D, do have 50 str(my char build was pretty set before I read how broken it was) I have a divine claymore..... don't judge me!

You run around with 100s of MASSIVE weapons, Bulky armour and other assorted goods... Yet you point out something as trivial as the lordvassal:pac:

Only so much disbelief I can suspend, yo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

When he went down and Smough absorbed him, the only reliable way of fighting I found was to use my bow and just kite him around the room. He just hit too hard with his buttslam. Easier to just avoid him and kill from afar.

Managed to kill these two last night also. Found it easy enough to single it down to just fatty, but then I just wasnt able to melee him enough/reliably to kill him - would get impatient and he'd oneshot me :( Eventually resorted to shooting arrows at him till he went away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Just beat the four kings with a little help from a sunlight follower got a medal once i defeated the boss. Got 2 Titan slabs from farming the darkwraith also so i upgraded my Zweihander to +5 lightning, its physical attack is an impressive 357 with a lightning stat of 364.

Also got a message across the screen saying something about a disaster is gone and gravelord servant ????

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

tonydude wrote: »
    Also got a message across the screen saying something about a disaster is gone and gravelord servant ????

I think that means that someone in the Gravelord Covenant has sent tougher enemies to your world iirc. You and 2 other players will have been invaded, and if you find the summon spot, can invade the Gravelords world to kill him. The 'disaster gone' meant that someone already did just that.

Two general questions:

1) You know that bonfire in Undead Burg before the little bridge? You know where you run over the little bridge, avoiding the firbombers from above, enter the tower and then exit it the other way? I have died there so much during this game from impatience. Trying to run over the bridge, through the tower only to be swarmed at the exit and picked ot pieces by the undead. Was heading back to my corpse (with 11 humanity on it) two days ago only to die there...

2) Will this game be able to have any cool events like Demons Souls did? I mean there is no world tendency so what will they do on holidays, xmas etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Found my way around Anor Londo anyway.

Wish I hadn't wasted those titanite rocks on my crystal halbred. It was doing great damage but I can't repair it.

Anyway, once I reached the 2nd bonfire I summoned a person which was great, didn't realise how good multiplayer can be.

I'm after wasting my best shield on the Astoria shield and I can't even use it :( I guess i must level up my dex.

I also managed to kill Luatrec. I was a bit scared going in because I didn't know if i could invade again, I spent the whole thing running in a circle and lunging at whoever was closest to me :)

And finished the night on the 2 bosses in 1. Seems pretty tough since... I think i might level up so I can hold the shield and increase my raw halbred.

As long as I don't get battlefield today, It'll be all Dark Souls again tonight.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Found my way around Anor Londo anyway.

Wish I hadn't wasted those titanite rocks on my crystal halbred. It was doing great damage but I can't repair it.

Anyway, once I reached the 2nd bonfire I summoned a person which was great, didn't realise how good multiplayer can be.

I'm after wasting my best shield on the Astoria shield and I can't even use it :( I guess i must level up my dex.

I also managed to kill Luatrec. I was a bit scared going in because I didn't know if i could invade again, I spent the whole thing running in a circle and lunging at whoever was closest to me :)

And finished the night on the 2 bosses in 1. Seems pretty tough since... I think i might level up so I can hold the shield and increase my raw halbred.

As long as I don't get battlefield today, It'll be all Dark Souls again tonight.

Another Halbred man. I like your style sir.

My crystal one is in bad shape as well. Wondering what I should do next with my Halbred +8.

Advertisement