Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

penev10 wrote: »
    Cheers lads:)

Sounds tricky to find. Might take a peak at the guide. Atleast I know theres one there. Having to melee the Golem was a pain, if I can recharge my magic at the bonfire he's dead meat.

Once you kill the firebomb guy
    poison arrow
    , it's easy to find, it's on that level to your right as you go up the steps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will proper fist **** the dragon in crystal cave once I get to my xbox, have to go lay a path now, but later he's getting proper ****ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Will proper fist **** the dragon in crystal cave once I get to my xbox, have to go lay a path now, but later he's getting proper ****ed!

He's easy peasy. Make sure you dont get cursed though.

Also Duke's Archives is my fave place for invading/invaded. Pretty spooky place, has you on edge looking for some fag with a fog ring or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone looking for help on any bosses up as far as Ornstein and Smough? Trying for the past hour to get a summon on Quelagg and Iron Golem. Think im to over level for Quelagg and nobody summons at Iron Golem...Im level 45, just need 6 more sunlight medals, uugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Anyone looking for help on any bosses up as far as Ornstein and Smough? Trying for the past hour to get a summon on Quelagg and Iron Golem. Think im to over level for Quelagg and nobody summons at Iron Golem...Im level 45, just need 6 more sunlight medals, uugh
    I was level 40 at Queelagand found it hard to get a summon. I'll be facing the Iron Golem tonight about 8:30 if its any use to you (I'm SL43)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I've now put about 22 hours into Dark Souls but I've reached a dead end. My enthusiasm for the game is now all but gone. I was enjoying the game wandering around unexplored areas and the excitement of seeing what was coming next.

However, I found the bosses extremely annoying. I got stuck for hours on the Gargoyles and only passed them by summoning the Knight and letting him do the bulk of the work. I then enjoyed the game for another little bit until the next boss, the Capra Demon. Several hours later and I'm still no further. I wanted to see more of the game but I can see that I won't be beating the Capra Demon. I guess I could go somewhere and farm souls to level up but that just isn't fun anymore. I do feel that it is a shame I won't see more of the game but the frustration has just gotten too much.

The disc is now back in it's case and up on the shelf. Now to decide whether to get Batman or wait on Uncharted 3.

Become human and summon helpers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I didn't trade it in after all, I'm gonna persevere:P Keep gettin my ass handed to me by the Gargoyles though. I'm just gonna keep saving as many souls as possible in order to get my strength up and to buy titanite shards for upgrading my equipment. When I'm at a good healthy level I'll tackle the Gargoyles.

Something cruel happened me yesterday eve. I summoned the Phantom just before the area where the Gargoyles were and just when I was stepping through the white door a bloody Knight slaughtered me from behind. I'm hollowed again now so I can't summon the phantom again unless I can find another Humanity piece:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Anyone following that mitchell youtube walktthrough by gamefront. Its actually quiet funny with his reactions. Usually watch him walkthrough a level after i finished it(eee if i missed anyhthin).

Just though I'd post up my build for reference. Am pretty happy with it at the moment. It's a Battle Mage type build.

SL 43
    VIT 21
    ATT 16
    END 20
    STR 13
    DEX 12
    RES 12
    INT 26
    FAI 08

Magic Battle Axe +3
    Phys Damage 120
    Magic Damage 130

Pyromancers Flame +7
    Chaos Fireball (does about 350 damage and a possible 150 on the lava)

Sorcerers Catalyst
    Heavy Great Soul Arrow (does about 280 damage)
    Great Soul Arrow

Heater Shield

Dragon Ring (Magic Damage up)
    ? Ring (Phys Def up)

Crimson Hood
    Leather Gloves +2
    Balder Armour +3
    Crimson Skirt +2

Just though I'd post up my build for reference. Am pretty happy with it at the moment. It's a Battle Mage type build.

SL 43
    VIT 21
    ATT 16
    END 20
    STR 13
    DEX 12
    RES 12
    INT 26
    FAI 08

Magic Battle Axe +3
    Phys Damage 120
    Magic Damage 130

Pyromancers Flame +7
    Chaos Fireball (does about 350 damage and a possible 150 on the lava)

Sorcerers Catalyst
    Heavy Great Soul Arrow (does about 280 damage)
    Great Soul Arrow

Heater Shield

Dragon Ring (Magic Damage up)
    ? Ring (Phys Def up)

Crimson Hood
    Leather Gloves +2
    Balder Armour +3
    Crimson Skirt +2

does INT add much dmg ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

its a terror, ive 75 hours put into this game and lvl 73 and still stuggle against those invading pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

... Keep getting my ass handed to me by the Gargoyles though...

Took me a while too as a caster I was getting all sorts of messed up every time I tried. What I did was spent some time down in Dark root (Look out for the Living tree you can kill to the right of the forest for a secret) and gained a few levels. Then I went back to the rats down by Dragon, farmed them for a while to gain some humanity and went after the Gargoyles again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got bored last night and finished NG+

Four Kings were a pain to beat at first, you need serious damage output to take em down much different fight then first time around!!

Might roll a faith build now not sure, no news on the patch date yet as of yet!! :mad:

I was level 40 at Queelagand found it hard to get a summon. I'll be facing the Iron Golem tonight about 8:30 if its any use to you (I'm SL43)

Thanks for the help but i went ahead and spent my 100k souls on leveling, so im level 52 at the moment. Going through Anor Londo now at the moment so hopefully i get some boss action if i put my sign down at O&S
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Got bored last night and finished NG+

Four Kings were a pain to beat at first, you need serious damage output to take em down much different fight then first time around!!

Might roll a faith build now not sure, no news on the patch date yet as of yet!! :mad:

There was some more glitches discovered recently regarding Snuggly the Crow. Hopefully they patch every known issue before they release the patch, even if it takes them abit longer. But what im most hoping for is that all these people that glitched souls to get to SL 120 and the best gear and these perfect VIT, END Lightning builds become weaker in a pvp sense. Still viable but not as godly as they are now. So they have to start from scratch and make a real build instead of cheesing it.

Oh yeah and the Moonlight Shield. Man that this is OP, hope it gets nerfed :P Drakesword to!. Hope you have to attack his tail with a melee weapon to break it off. Cmon FromSoft! Make this game harder! Stop people from cheesing it!

Spunge wrote: »
    does INT add much dmg ?
    Currently not a great deal as the Magic weapon is only C scaling but am hoping to upgrade to an Enchanted weapon. When I level up INT it adds 1 or 2 to my Weapon damage on the stats screen but when I do damage it seems to be a bit more than that (maybe +8)

Spell-wise it's a better return, I haven't got exact figures but you'd notice the difference. At a guess I'd say I've noticed it up +15-20 Damage per level on a Great Soul Arrow??

Last time i played i invaded someone in Duke's Archive's. He was afk. Killed him and got 500k souls. I wonder if he glitched them. Feel kinda bad if he didn't. :(

Spunge wrote: »
    Last time i played i invaded someone in Duke's Archive's. He was afk. Killed him and got 500k souls. I wonder if he glitched them. Feel kinda bad if he didn't. :(
    We had a name for that kind of thing on Quake 3! but then again DS is a different ball game, I think you're actively encouraged to be evil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Please tell me thats a Pine Resin mace and not an actual lightning mace at level 11...

Im actually doing a Cleric run through also. I have abandoned (for now) my main char and am sticking with a Cleric Faith build. SL 38 atm and heading into Sens. What kinda build you have in mind? Im gonna max faith and rock a divine and occult weapon. Going for medium armour also.

Yeah it was Pine resin, I had run up to the left side to cross over so I could kick the ladder for the bonfire and I just thought "fu*k it, lets try this", I had tried enough times the day before, but first time and lv11 I was delighted. Nothing like smaking a dragon with a mace in Hollow armour and a wooden shield :D

I put a silly amount of hours into it after that, didnt get to bed till well after 3am :(. Im convinced this game is evil :mad: once you start you just cant put the controller down.

Everything that could have went right did though :) I got summoned twice outside the taurus demon laying my stone on the planks outside the bonfire, and 4 timesfor the gargoyles, absolutley destroyed all the bosses by summoning dudes to help me and have joined the sunlight cov for lightning spear. The last time I tried a faith build it was horrible tough going as I put the points in Vit and End too early and ignored Dex completely (no bow which I use a lot) this time Im loving it.

Im SL 29 iirc and it feels really solid so far. I can throw up the stats if ye would like.

I need top stop playing it so I can get back to my main game, because the more I play it the more I feel it will be a better character than my wanderer.
    Wossack wrote: »
    is the giant loading the big stone boulders able to be killed / looted also? any implications in doing so? presume the boulder launcher wont work any more etc ... snip...

I killed him and didnt think he dropped anything, couldnt find a way over to his platform either :o

Oh and that cut scene flying you to andor londo is EPIC.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Yeah it was Pine resin, I had run up to the left side to cross over so I could kick the ladder for the bonfire and I just thought "fu*k it, lets try this", I had tried enough times the day before, but first time and lv11 I was delighted. Nothing like smaking a dragon with a mace in Hollow armour and a wooden shield :D

I put a silly amount of hours into it after that, didnt get to bed till well after 3am :(. Im convinced this game is evil :mad: once you start you just cant put the controller down.

Everything that could have went right did though :) I got summoned twice outside the taurus demon laying my stone on the planks outside the bonfire, and 4 timesfor the gargoyles, absolutley destroyed all the bosses by summoning dudes to help me and have joined the sunlight cov for lightning spear. The last time I tried a faith build it was horrible tough going as I put the points in Vit and End too early and ignored Dex completely (no bow which I use a lot) this time Im loving it.

Im SL 29 iirc and it feels really solid so far. I can throw up the stats if ye would like.

I need top stop playing it so I can get back to my main game, because the more I play it the more I feel it will be a better character than my wanderer.

I killed him and didnt think he dropped anything, couldnt find a way over to his platform either :o

Oh and that cut scene flying you to andor londo is EPIC.

Man nice summons. Im the same. If im not in work the next morn i wont go asleep, just want to keep going to the next thing as once you plan to do this, then your like ok next thing is to kill Sif blah blah. Plans cant wait till tommorow!

Your first char is always abit rough, just like mine. Testing the weapons, stats, spells, ya know yourself. Right from the get go this Cleric feels better than my Knight for what stage i am in the game (Anor Londo). The Lightning Spear spell isnt that great. My divine weapons are going more damage, but its a nice ranged alternative when sometimes you simply cant close in on your enemy.

As for the Giant dropping the boulders into the pinball machine. You can jump straight across to him from he walkway near the Crestfallen merchant. He gives a measly 500 souls for an enemy that is so dangerous if he hits you. He will respawn until you free Logan. After that he wont. As for what he drops, i havent a clue, but its not a 100% chance drop anyway

Im level 53 standing outside O&S with my SS down and nobody will summon me!! Argh. Just need 3 more medals for the Great Lightning Spear, and another one for something else. Remember i needed 11 for some reason. Maybe people wont summon me because my summon sign is golden and they think im sunbro :( Just got summoned as i was typing this. Praise the sun! 3 more to go. If anyone is on O&S gimmie a shout. I aint moving on or leveling up until i have enough medals!

tumblr_lt9tjrgETZ1qi9qvfo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Snuggly says nothing when I drop a red eye stone in her nest.

Does she need to? Stupid game wasting my time here.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Snuggly says nothing when I drop a red eye stone in her nest.

Does she need to? Stupid game wasting my time here.

Has to be a cracked red eye orb. Drop it, quit the game. Load your game back up and your item will be there...

You can also die and respawn for it to be there. Whatever your preference.

Cheers lads. The problem was the cow had a third nest I didn't know about.

How many nests does the whore-bird need?

Is there a limit to how many times you can trade for something with Snuggly? If I have 20 Red mosses will I get 20 Twinkling shards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Thanks for the help but i went ahead and spent my 100k souls on leveling, so im level 52 at the moment. Going through Anor Londo now at the moment so hopefully i get some boss action if i put my sign down at O&S

There was some more glitches discovered recently regarding Snuggly the Crow. Hopefully they patch every known issue before they release the patch, even if it takes them abit longer. But what im most hoping for is that all these people that glitched souls to get to SL 120 and the best gear and these perfect VIT, END Lightning builds become weaker in a pvp sense. Still viable but not as godly as they are now. So they have to start from scratch and make a real build instead of cheesing it.
    Oh yeah and the Moonlight Shield. Man that this is OP, hope it gets nerfed :P Drakesword to!. Hope you have to attack his tail with a melee weapon to break it off. Cmon FromSoft! Make this game harder! Stop people from cheesing it!
    SL goes up much much further, I glitched it on one of my other character just to see, he's currently 427 or so, goes up to 729 or something!

In the end it takes over 11 million souls to get to the last level from the second last

SL goes up much much further, I glitched it on one of my other character just to see, he's currently 427 or so, goes up to 729 or something!

In the end it takes over 11 million souls to get to the last level from the second last

Yeah i was just mentioning SL 120 because thats kinda the unofficial pvp level...

Its taking me up to 30minutes to get summoned each time in Anor Londo for the boss fight. I though that would be a hotspot for people wanting coop as its considered one of the harder fights in the game, and its always Japanese people that summon me. Last 3 players have been Japanese. Is nobody in Europe playing this? US even? Is my game broke. Aargh!

Farming for humanity in the sewers blows.

At 7 at the mo, thought I would be getting at least one per trip at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Is there a limit to how many times you can trade for something with Snuggly? If I have 20 Red mosses will I get 20 Twinkling shards?

Can only trade 1 of each item:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

noodler wrote: »
    Farming for humanity in the sewers blows.

At 7 at the mo, thought I would be getting at least one per trip at this stage

Do you have the Covetous Gold Serpant ring on? If not, get that and the drop rate will increase quite a bit.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Do you have the Covetous Gold Serpant ring on? If not, get that and the drop rate will increase quite a bit.

I actually do have it, hit a brick wall at 7. Haven't gotten anything in the last half dozen trips.

EDIT: Just got two in one trip for I think the first time. Up to 9 now.

Advertisement