Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Harps wrote: »
    Likewise and that's the main reason I've never been to see the giant, don't think I've ever once made it out of that pit alive

If you have the rusted iron ring equipped you can run down there, there's a few titanite demons which are a walkover later in the game, I must have a wander around down there actually never seen it properly. Sure I found a whole new part of Lost Izalith I'd never seen before last night, near the entrance to the Bed of Chaos, there's a titanite demon down a long walkway and a pit with some big octopus things, I think I messed up Siegmeyer's story though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've just being trying to get as much done as possible before battling the final boss in my first play through. Buy all items from vendors and upgrade my weapons as much as possible. Am I right in saying that it's near impossible to farm slabs and that I'm more or less wasting my time doing so?

weiland79 wrote: »
    I've just being trying to get as much done as possible before battling the final boss in my first play through. Buy all items from vendors and upgrade my weapons as much as possible. Am I right in saying that it's near impossible to farm slabs and that I'm more or less wasting my time doing so?

Off the top of my head you definitely get one off the other Asylum Demon when you go back, and there's one near where you fight Kalameet. those ones are guaranteed but I think its a super rare drop otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

krudler wrote: »
    you need the Hawk Ring and a high level bow as far as I know, bows are for wusses, I currently have 4 arrows and a standard shortbow to my name :pac: I'll take my shield and +15 Uchi ta very much.

I'm not a lover of bows myself but they can be dead handy against some enemies such as the Anor Londo archers. A few poison arrows can save me a lotta stress. also Dragonslayer Greatbow or a Gough's Greatbow are great for knocking 'em off the ledge.
    A bow can be a lifesaver in Oolacile Township against those poxy Bloated Head Sorcerors. Every time I think of those things I get angry:mad:

I'm not a lover of bows myself but they can be dead handy against some enemies such as the Anor Londo archers. A few poison arrows can save me a lotta stress. also Dragonslayer Greatbow or a Gough's Greatbow are great for knocking 'em off the ledge.
    A bow can be a lifesaver in Oolacile Township against those poxy Bloated Head Sorcerors. Every time I think of those things I get angry:mad:

Ok those sorcerers are an absolute pain, no matter how quick you are its nearly impossible to dodge their stupid magic attacks.
    The archers I usually leg it up, roll as the arrow comes towards me then either attack or lure him back so he'll either fall off or follow me down to somewhere more roomy for a scrap, I never bother with the other one just the one in front of you going towards the fog gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Ok those sorcerers are an absolute pain, no matter how quick you are its nearly impossible to dodge their stupid magic attacks.
    The archers I usually leg it up, roll as the arrow comes towards me then either attack or lure him back so he'll either fall off or follow me down to somewhere more roomy for a scrap, I never bother with the other one just the one in front of you going towards the fog gate.

I like picking them off at a distance with a Greatbow. The fact that the Greatarrows knock them over means they don't get a chance to shoot magic at me before I finish them off with a 2nd arrow:pac:

In regards to the archers I'm too cowardly to try the rolling technique, I usually panic and get my timing wrong. I prefer to give 'em a taste of their own sh!te with my bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Parry the archers, easymode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i always get so stressed out when im trying to parry black/silver knights that I keep ****ing it up

especially those spear bastards, well the one in particular in the locked room downstairs in anor londo

prick

I like picking them off at a distance with a Greatbow. The fact that the Greatarrows knock them over means they don't get a chance to shoot magic at me before I finish them off with a 2nd arrow:pac:

In regards to the archers I'm too cowardly to try the rolling technique, I usually panic and get my timing wrong. I prefer to give 'em a taste of their own sh!te with my bow.

The Uchi is great for the roll and stab action, try a Halberd too, least you can use your shield and get stabby with it.

i always get so stressed out when im trying to parry black/silver knights that I keep ****ing it up

especially those spear bastards, well the one in particular in the locked room downstairs in anor londo

prick

I suck at parrying, I never get the timing right, backstabbing is fun though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Started an SL1 run a few days ago. The Four Kings... jesus... took maybe 15/20 attempts but finally got them done, thank christ for pyromancis. All that heartache was definitely worth it just to be an SL1 Dickwraith :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

If you have the rusted iron ring equipped you can run down there, there's a few titanite demons which are a walkover later in the game, I must have a wander around down there actually never seen it properly. Sure I found a whole new part of Lost Izalith I'd never seen before last night, near the entrance to the Bed of Chaos, there's a titanite demon down a long walkway and a pit with some big octopus things, I think I messed up Siegmeyer's story though :(

You've never seen either of those? You need to kill the octopuses before Siegmayer loses 50% health or something like that, otherwise he dies after the fight. The long walkway is where you find Solaire if youve followed his story and its a shortcut if you level up in Queelags sisters covenant

You've never seen either of those? You need to kill the octopuses before Siegmayer loses 50% health or something like that, otherwise he dies after the fight. The long walkway is where you find Solaire if youve followed his story and its a shortcut if you level up in Queelags sisters covenant

Yeah I missed both Siegmeyer and Solair's story endings on my first playthrough, got Solair's one this time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Second video is up ;)

This one is a good bit longer than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Any advice on how to beat the four kings in NG+ before Anor Londo? I want to do the Darkwraith thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Any advice on how to beat the four kings in NG+ before Anor Londo? I want to do the Darkwraith thing.

kill sif the big wolf thing in the in forest area
    get the ring
    speed run new londo ruins (which is quite easy to be honest)
    keep close too the four kings when you attack them, try kill them fast, I normally use power buffs to hit harder, also roll roll roll :) when they do that magic blast thing I had that crest shield on to prevent any major damage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Second video is up ;)

This one is a good bit longer than the first.

Great , better than the first one, maybe cos you are making progress.

A. Who sounds like Jason Byrne?
    B. Never liked those rats, would have left them there.
    C. Gargoyles with 3 , nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

For the Four Kings, I used the Guardian Set + Havel's Ring to keep me under 50% and the grass crest shield and cloranthy ring for a major stamina boost. Use power within and two hand your weapon, just keep slashing and you should make short work of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Off the top of my head you definitely get one off the other Asylum Demon when you go back, and there's one near where you fight Kalameet. those ones are guaranteed but I think its a super rare drop otherwise

Snuggly will trade you one iirc, and Siegmeyer quest line rewards one too.

For the Four Kings, I used the Guardian Set + Havel's Ring to keep me under 50% and the grass crest shield and cloranthy ring for a major stamina boost. Use power within and two hand your weapon, just keep slashing and you should make short work of them

And remember to keep slashing during their death animations, still counts towards the overall health

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    Great , better than the first one, maybe cos you are making progress.

Thanks man :). Yep was a little more action packed this round. We also both split the work when it comes to video's.
    A. Who sounds like Jason Byrne?

Ha :D. It could be me. I was the main recorder in the first video and Joe was the main recorder for this one.
    B. Never liked those rats, would have left them there.

The rats can be quite annoying, I can't even remember why we wanted to go down there!
    C. Gargoyles with 3 , nice one.

Some of the bosses will be handy enough, even as an SL1, but there are certain bosses that will be very hard to do:
    - Ornstein & Smough
    - Santuary Guardian
    - Artorias
    - Kalameet
    - Manus

Also to note, Dark Souls balances more co-op players by giving bosses more health. 1 Co-Op player boss health is +50%, 2 Co-Op players it is +100%. I think the 4 Kings will also be tough in this regards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Sorry for the blatantly stupid question. I've found the special edition of this for €18, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What's the dark wraith thing?

Sorry for the blatantly stupid question. I've found the special edition of this for €18, is it worth it?

As in the one with the art book? I have that and it's nice yeah. if it's the Prepare To Die edition then most definitely,the DLC ares are brilliant.

weiland79 wrote: »
    What's the dark wraith thing?

Darkwraiths are a covenant in the game. Basically they are the predominantly main PvP covenant in the game. Rank 1 in the covenant gives you a red eye orb that allows infinite invasions. Rank 2 gives you the Darkwraith Armor and Sword, the same that the Darkwraith enemies in New Londo Ruins use

• Registered Users Posts: 20,114 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they never gave me the red eye orb when i joined the dark wraiths , even though i leveled up to +2 in the covenant , no big deal really, but it costs me 3000 to buy them each in the abyss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

As in the one with the art book? I have that and it's nice yeah. if it's the Prepare To Die edition then most definitely,the DLC ares are brilliant.

It's the one with the art book, I'll pick it up today. I wish I knew what to expect from the game other than tears.

It's the one with the art book, I'll pick it up today. I wish I knew what to expect from the game other than tears.

Here's what to expect: bewilderment, frustration, curiosity, cursing, more frustration, complete joy, achievement, more cursing, hilarity and lots of dying.

I only got it back in mid October and was hooked instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Thanks man :). Yep was a little more action packed this round. We also both split the work when it comes to video's.

Ha :D. It could be me. I was the main recorder in the first video and Joe was the main recorder for this one.

The rats can be quite annoying, I can't even remember why we wanted to go down there!

Some of the bosses will be handy enough, even as an SL1, but there are certain bosses that will be very hard to do:
    - Ornstein & Smough
    - Santuary Guardian
    - Artorias
    - Kalameet
    - Manus

Also to note, Dark Souls balances more co-op players by giving bosses more health. 1 Co-Op player boss health is +50%, 2 Co-Op players it is +100%. I think the 4 Kings will also be tough in this regards.

O&S are simple at SL1, especially on a co-op playthrough. Assuming you have your Pyro fully upgraded, which you should at that point.

• Advertisement

is SL1 just upgrading weapons and armour but not levelling up?

Advertisement