Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, after Spider Biatch found her sister through an illusory wall. Then went on the only door from there leading to demons ruins. Gave one mad run and got to the big door leading to the next area only for a huge demon to jump on me at the door. Had to google after that as no way could I have to get through that. Turns out I shouldn't be anywhere near that so back tracked.

I read I can get the firekeeper back by invading goldie's world but can only do it near the end of the game. Really don't want to miss that, what are can I do that in?

In Anor Londo you'll get a message when your in the right place.

So what bosses have people never co-oped? Calex mentioned co-oping Ceaseless which I've never seen a summon sign for as Im guessing I've been over/under leveled every time I've been there.

I've been all alone every play through against Demon Firesage, Bed of Chaos, Gwyndolin and Sanctuary Gaurdian(not sure if that one is co-opable). Also I've never been able to summon a player for Centipede Demon or Pinwheel(toughest boss evar!!) just the Npc's.

Oh and Kalameet but I've only fought him once so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    So what bosses have people never co-oped?

To go backwards smough and ornstei, 4 kings and manus are the only 3 I have co opt for in my first play through. Only boss I havent bet is the big deagon in the dlc - reckon I will need to summon for that one.

Icaras wrote: »
    To go backwards smough and ornstei, 4 kings and manus are the only 3 I have co opt for in my first play through. Only boss I havent bet is the big deagon in the dlc - reckon I will need to summon for that one.

Kalameet does seem designed more for co-op, especially if you want his tail.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Kalameet does seem designed more for co-op, especially if you want his tail.

Is it worth getting I have the moonlight sword and great lord greatsword?

• Advertisement

Is it worth getting I have the moonlight sword and great lord greatsword?

Depends on your build. It's one of if not the most powerful non-scaling tail weapons so if you're a low strength build and want something that hits pretty hard then it can be worth getting. It can also be buffed I believe so it's a decent option for lower level buff users as it can be two handed with only 14 strength.

All in all it's a decent weapon best used with lower levels as with higher stats you can find much better.

EDIT: moonlight sword is very good for sorcerers builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, after Spider Biatch found her sister through an illusory wall. Then went on the only door from there leading to demons ruins. Gave one mad run and got to the big door leading to the next area only for a huge demon to jump on me at the door. Had to google after that as no way could I have to get through that. Turns out I shouldn't be anywhere near that so back tracked.

I read I can get the firekeeper back by invading goldie's world but can only do it near the end of the game. Really don't want to miss that, what are can I do that in?

The Demon's Ruins area is a nightmare if you havent gotten past Anor Londo yet, save it for later. Once you pass Sen's its onto Anor Londo then you can get the firekeeper soul back. That's a fun little sidequest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

For some reason I found that to be one of the toughest fights in the game on my first playthrough, never had any trouble with it since but I had no ranged attacks just couldn't figure out a strategy with the combination of the caster and Lautrecs shield breaking attacks. Had to leave to get some poison arrows and the hawk ring in the end for a cheap win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Where is considered the best spot for farming souls.

weiland79 wrote: »

Rats in the depths or I find the ghost things before Manus on the DLC good - use a bow against them

• Advertisement

Rats in the depths or I find the ghost things before Manus on the DLC good - use a bow against them

Actually getting 10000 souls for about 2 mins work in the Painted world. Those dudes with the spears are real easy and then just skip back to the bonfire and repeat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »

Darkroot Garden - 7K in a couple of minutes.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Darkroot Garden - 7K in a couple of minutes.

Im not even taking any damage in the Painted world so i'll stick here for a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

everyone always talks about how easy the spear blobs in the painted world are but they keep kicking my ass whenever I try fight them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

everyone always talks about how easy the spear blobs in the painted world are but they keep kicking my ass whenever I try fight them

Wraith of the Gods or Great Fireball are best for clearing them out. They are a pain otherwise. Since the have spears and shields they just easily turtle.

The best way of actually getting souls is PvP in Darkroot Garden. If you're confident enough in PvP you can easily rack up alot of souls.

In terms of PvE, yeah my money is on the spear blobs in the painted world (if you have either WOTG or Great Fireball). Any character can use Great Fireball also so you're not restricted when it comes to killing them.

Edit: Another good spot for getting both humanity and souls is killing the skeleton babies in Tomb of the Giants. If you equip the silver covetous serpent ring you'll be raking in souls quickly while farming for humanity.

Myself and a buddy of mine started an SL1 Co-Op playthrough as we wanted to try it and build up before Dark Souls 2. I'll post up the first video later ;)

I'm using the divine eagle shield and the Uchida +15 ( I know the swords not called that but I'm not looking it up now) and one hitting them. Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,224 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Myself and a buddy of mine started an SL1 Co-Op playthrough as we wanted to try it and build up before Dark Souls 2. I'll post up the first video later ;)

Would love to see that. PC?

noodler wrote: »
    Would love to see that. PC?

Yep, I should have it up later. The first video is in Undead Burg defeating Havel and Taurus Demon. Second video later this week will be Undead Parish fighting Bell Gargoyle etc. We've finished Capra Demon fight & will do the Depths as part of third video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Will definitely look forward to that. SL1 is a great challenge, currently working on Four Kings in my SL1 run. No idea how I'll manage Nito though, he always gives me grief.

• Advertisement

Will definitely look forward to that. SL1 is a great challenge, currently working on Four Kings in my SL1 run. No idea how I'll manage Nito though, he always gives me grief.

I did an SL2 run before, I managed Nito by downgrading the Occult club found in Anor Londo to a Divine club. That gave me the chance to kill the skeleton spawns after you jump down. I think Pyromancy was my main choice for killing Nito but took a few tries! He gravelord sword that juts from the ground can get you at the worst times if you're not paying attention.

Can you co-op the whole game? how does the summoning work?

krudler wrote: »
    Can you co-op the whole game? how does the summoning work?

For most of it. We summon each other at the starting point of each area. So in our first video later you'll see us starting at the start of Undead Burg just after you leave Firelink Shrine. Then everytime we defeat a boss and move to the next area we summon again at the start of that area. Some area's won't be doable for co-op, for example Demon Ruins. However I think Demon ruins (and possibly Great Hollow/Ash Lake) is the only part in the game that can't be done co-op. So I'll have to defeat Ceaseless Discharge alone.

For most of it. We summon each other at the starting point of each area. So in our first video later you'll see us starting at the start of Undead Burg just after you leave Firelink Shrine. Then everytime we defeat a boss and move to the next area we summon again at the start of that area. Some area's won't be doable for co-op, for example Demon Ruins. However I think Demon ruins (and possibly Great Hollow/Ash Lake) is the only part in the game that can't be done co-op. So I'll have to defeat Ceaseless Discharge alone.

Ah ok, is there servers and the like involved with summoning or is it just a case of whoever is in the area can see anyones summon sign?

Could always just glitch Ceaseless, grab the gold hemmed set and leg it back to the fog gate, it dies on its own for some bizarre reason.

Ah ok, is there servers and the like involved with summoning or is it just a case of whoever is in the area can see anyones summon sign?

We are on PC so we have DSFix and DSCFix, this will allow us to see our signs and summon each other pretty much instantly. If you don't have DSCFix on PC then (no joke) it can take nearly up to 90 minutes just trying to summon a friend.
    Could always just glitch Ceaseless, grab the gold hemmed set and leg it back to the fog gate, it dies on its own for some bizarre reason.

Yep I always usually do that but I don't consider it a glitch. If you ever actually look at Ceaseless when he does that is because he jumps and he is clinging on by his claw (that you then attack) because it's a drop down with no lava underneath. He needs the lava to be able to exist and move around. I would say it was an intentional game mechanic for the battle but probably the much, much easier option.

I've only killed it once the legit way, just hid in the alcove near him and battered his hand, the other way is much easier its one of the first places I go now early in the game purely for the souls and gold hemmed set.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hiding in the alcove and battering his hand is not the legit way :D

although saying that, that's how I kill him every time now after the first time and the horrible ****ing amount of work it took the other way

although saying that, that's how I kill him every time now after the first time and the horrible ****ing amount of work it took the other way

Hey if they didnt want people using the alcove they shouldnt have put it there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That's how I always kill him as well :D although I smack him with a few well placed arrows also to make things quicker.

• Advertisement

Advertisement