Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Icaras wrote: »
    Rats in the depths or I find the ghost things before Manus on the DLC good - use a bow against them

Sorry, read it wrong - thats where to farm humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Very good thanks, subscribed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Tried a SL1 run this evening. Was heading from Firelink back to Capra after he killed me. While running up the last set of stairs, I tried to lock onto the hollow in my way, and instead it locked onto the firebomb throwing hollow underneath. The camera angle swung down drastically and I walked off the cliff. 30,000 souls lost.

rage%2Bquit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ugh I hate how there's no warp to the Lost Izalith bonfire, it's a pain in the bollocks getting there if you need to get back to Firelink to get a decent amount of estus flasks or some other bonfire worth kindling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

started a new character, going 44 intelligence , 16 strength 12 dex and the rest into vit and endurance.

have the moonlight great sword , joined the dark wraiths , having a bit of fun in the forest. need to get to the DLC to unlock dark bead , getting one shotted by it a bit !! too powerful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I much prefer Velka's Rapier as a weapon for sorcerers. It does tons of damage for high Int characters and it's veeeeerrrry quick. The Moonlight Greatsword is a fine weapon, but it has some disadvantages:
    - Much heavier to swing
    - Beam attack reduces durability
    - Has only Magic Damage no physical damage
    - No Aux effects

While Velka's Rapier:
    - Scales slightly less than the Moonlight Greatsword. Moonlight Greatsword scales A at intelligence and Velka's Rapier scales at B. So ti still has a high enough scaling.
    - Does physical damage as well as Magical damage
    - Quick attack speed
    - Has Occult Auxiliary Effect which means that the weapon will do even more damage to the Knights and Giant Sentinels in Anor Londo. It will also do more damage to Gywn and Gywndolyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

2smiggy wrote: »
    started a new character, going 44 intelligence , 16 strength 12 dex and the rest into vit and endurance.

Keep in mind that offensive spell casting speed is dependant on dex. I ran a dex/int build that worked really well with a Crystal Magic Weapon'd falchion and some offensive spells.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

This is by the blobs with spears in painted world. Can some one tell me how to get that item hanging off the balcony high above me. Doing my head in trying to get it. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you have to go into the building, and mess around on some rafters inside then you find you way onto that balcony iirc

i just stabbed the giant blacksmith should i just finish him off or will he not remain pissed off at me?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

weiland79 wrote: »
    i just stabbed the giant blacksmith should i just finish him off or will he not remain pissed off at me?

Go to Oswald of Carim (sp?) in the Parish,you can pay him in souls to have your sins forgiven, blacksmith will be friendly again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Just started the first of two new characters. The first is a big beast tank. This one will have Strength 50, Faith 30 and just enough Dex to use Spears, Halberds and bows. The rest will go into Vitality and Endurance and I'll cap him off at Lvl 125. I'll use him to TWOP darkwood grain ring Ninja flippers so that I can kick them in the nuts and smash them to a pulp with a huge weapon of my choice :)

The second will be a lvl 100 Dex/Int/Pyro build D!ckwraith, I'll mainly use a Crystal Magic buffed Falchion and Chaos Blade to chop people to death with :D

Bloody Hell I have so many good games like Red Dead Redemption, Witcher 2 and Dragon's Dogma which are being pushed to the wayside because of DS

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

weiland79 wrote: »
    This is by the blobs with spears in painted world. Can some one tell me how to get that item hanging off the balcony high above me. Doing my head in trying to get it. Thanks.
    you have to go into the building, and mess around on some rafters inside then you find you way onto that balcony iirc

Or shoot the chain with a bow.

I friggin love this Dex build. Demolishing everything. Does anyone know where Kirk's armor can be gotten? he invaded me in Lost Izalith and I killed him so I assume it'll turn up someplace

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Or shoot the chain with a bow.

its not hanging off a chain, the corpse is leaning on a railing. there are two in that level though where you shoot em with a bow alright

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    I friggin love this Dex build. Demolishing everything. Does anyone know where Kirk's armor can be gotten? he invaded me in Lost Izalith and I killed him so I assume it'll turn up someplace

You should find it at the dead end by Queelags Sister under the second bell.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You should find it at the dead end by Queelags Sister under the second bell.

isn't that
    lautrec's
    ****?

isn't that
    lautrec's
    ****?

Think that drops in Anor Londo somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Gonna give this game a bash again, if everyone had just ONE piece of advice for a beginner, what would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

marko93 wrote: »
    Gonna give this game a bash again, if everyone had just ONE piece of advice for a beginner, what would it be?

Be patient. You'll be tempted to hack and slash (if you're a melee build and not one of those magic pansies. Yeah, I said it....) but time your attacks right and you'll be grand.

Kinda....

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »

Pick the master key.

And yeah, patience patience patience, feel enemies out, watch their attack patterns, keep that shield up in the early stages and don't get cocky. And yeah, melee builds ftw, get stuck in not that firing overpowered magic from afar guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've finally beaten Ornstein and Smough (well, I summoned some help and they took care of the job).
    What should be my next task, Painted World or should I leave that till later?

you're in the area now, might as well go for it

I've finally beaten Ornstein and Smough (well, I summoned some help and they took care of the job).

Bring arrows and Moss for healing toxic ( purple I think)

Go for it now just be aware you have to finish the area you can't warp out or leave. It's not majorly long and you can skip a huge chunk of it if you want, there's a nice soul farming spot near the bonfire in it too.

Oh, and if you have charcoal resin or a fire weapon it spares the headache of being poisoned by some enemies, otherwise stock up on moss

Pick the master key.

I really don't like the "pick the master key" advice for new players that's always given. It takes away from the exploration and learning and leads people the wrong direction sometimes.

In a couple of play-throughs I seen recently they had no idea where the lower undead burg was because they don't read key descriptions when they have the master key. Then they go to Blightown through the exit and get a bunch of items that they shouldn't have til later and don't need anyway.

Basically you shouldn't have shortcuts on a first play through.

its not hanging off a chain, the corpse is leaning on a railing. there are two in that level though where you shoot em with a bow alright

Nope, that's a hanger. The leaning guy is in the window directly above.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Think that drops in Anor Londo somewhere?

Yep, up top near herself.

I really don't like the "pick the master key" advice for new players that's always given. It takes away from the exploration and learning and leads people the wrong direction sometimes.

In a couple of play-throughs I seen recently they had no idea where the lower undead burg was because they don't read key descriptions when they have the master key. Then they go to Blightown through the exit and get a bunch of items that they shouldn't have til later and don't need anyway.

Basically you shouldn't have shortcuts on a first play through.

Wish someone had told me first time :pac: would have spared some of the dying, and cursing. Even though there was plenty of that. I took that stupid ring that gives you a teeny bit more HP

Wish someone had told me first time :pac: would have spared some of the dying, and cursing. Even though there was plenty of that. I took that stupid ring that gives you a teeny bit more HP

Yeah me too. The description said health regen and Demons souls had health regen items so I took it. Ended up worse than worthless.

"Prepare to die" . Dying is part of the game. A valuable learning experience. :)

• Advertisement

Yeah me too. The description said health regen and Demons souls had health regen items so I took it. Ended up worse than worthless.

"Prepare to die" . Dying is part of the game. A valuable learning experience. :)

Yeah it was useless, isn't there some pendant that does absolutely nothing in the game?

Advertisement