Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah it was useless, isn't there some pendant that does absolutely nothing in the game?

Yeah it's a joke from the devs. They said it had a hidden use and people spent months trying to figure it out.

Or maybe it does do something and no-one found it yet. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The only use the Pendant has at all in the game is trading it with Snuggly for a souvenir of reprisal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Cby3j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gahhh, bloody Bed of Chaos :mad:

Gahhh, bloody Bed of Chaos :mad:

Small tip. It's attacks don't track you so see where they land then you have a load of safe spots to think. Just watch for the fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Yeah it's a joke from the devs. They said it had a hidden use and people spent months trying to figure it out.

Or maybe it does do something and no-one found it yet. :p

I think that pendalent lets you talk to quelaags sister at the bombfire just before ceaseless charge

if its the pendalent that Im thinking of

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I think that pendalent lets you talk to quelaags sister at the bombfire just before ceaseless charge

if its the pendalent that Im thinking of

Nah, that's the old witch's ring you're thinking of.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Nah, that's the old witch's ring you're thinking of.

my bad your right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sens fortress is a great laugh :D I found giant helmet knight, I found him waiting outside the gates when they were closed just saying hhhmmm. Now in sens fortress, he is sitting there. it says talk but pressing x does nothing. Do I have to be human to talk to him or should I just kill him?

Also, I found a lizard chilling against a wall, worth killing him or does he do something later?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sens fortress is a great laugh :D I found giant helmet knight, I found him waiting outside the gates when they were closed just saying hhhmmm. Now in sens fortress, he is sitting there. it says talk but pressing x does nothing. Do I have to be human to talk to him or should I just kill him?

Also, I found a lizard chilling against a wall, worth killing him or does he do something later?

Leave him alone as you will come back into contact with him in anor lando
    he always says mmmhummm.... its very annoying :pac: hate his voice

theirs a breakable wall where hes standing against

• Advertisement

Noooooo! don't kill him! that's Siegmeyer he's one of the best NPCs in the game and has a cool story if you manage to meet him in the various areas. Him sitting there uhhming and aahing is part of it, it's going somewhere.

Sen's Funhouse is a complete pain in the bollocks the first time but once you learn how to do it you can speedrun that mofo in no time. 3-4 mins tops if you time everything right to get to the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah just wasn't sure as he isnt saying hhmmm when I press x, hope its registering that I'm trying to talk to him.

Yeah just wasn't sure as he isnt saying hhmmm when I press x, hope its registering that I'm trying to talk to him.

That's all he does, was he sitting there with two dead snake guys near him? you meet him again in Anor Londo, that's one of the best areas of the game, and has one of the best boss fights ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm finding the Painted World to be a great place to farm souls. My halberd ensures I rarely get touched by the dying Toxic Zombies.
    Will take on the undead dragon tonight.

I'm finding the Painted World to be a great place to farm souls. My halberd ensures I rarely get touched by the dying Toxic Zombies.
    Will take on the undead dragon tonight.

The dragon is really easy, just stand on either the left or right of the bridge and when it spits out the toxic crap just leg to the other side and hack away at its claws. It's a handy little area aside from that part with the wheel skeletons, grrrr.

The dragon is really easy, just stand on either the left or right of the bridge and when it spits out the toxic crap just leg to the other side and hack away at its claws. It's a handy little area aside from that part with the wheel skeletons, grrrr.

or stand on the steps and pelt him with arrows for 10 minutes

or stand on the steps and pelt him with arrows for 10 minutes

Hey you were giving out about me using the alcove to beat the Ceaseless Discharge :p

Hey you were giving out about me using the alcove to beat the Ceaseless Discharge :p

no i was giving out you said it was a legit way to beat him :p

i'm all ok with us being cheap bastards, lets just admit we're cheap bastards

no i was giving out you said it was a legit way to beat him :p

i'm all ok with us being cheap bastards, lets just admit we're cheap bastards

Sometimes you just gotta take the cheap win :pac: the only thing I couldnt justify was the cheap Manus kill, bombarding him with arrows from outside the fog gate. Saw a guy on youtube do it in fast forward and it still took about a hundred arrows, why would you glitch one of the best boss fights in the game? I fight him and Artorias and O&S for the lulz these days helping out other people.

Sometimes you just gotta take the cheap win :pac: the only thing I couldnt justify was the cheap Manus kill, bombarding him with arrows from outside the fog gate. Saw a guy on youtube do it in fast forward and it still took about a hundred arrows, why would you glitch one of the best boss fights in the game? I fight him and Artorias and O&S for the lulz these days helping out other people.

manus took me so long the first time I tried to glitch it the second time.

couldn't even get it to work :(

• Advertisement

manus took me so long the first time I tried to glitch it the second time.

couldn't even get it to work :(

you need the Hawk Ring and a high level bow as far as I know, bows are for wusses, I currently have 4 arrows and a standard shortbow to my name :pac: I'll take my shield and +15 Uchi ta very much.

you need the Hawk Ring and a high level bow as far as I know, bows are for wusses, I currently have 4 arrows and a standard shortbow to my name :pac: I'll take my shield and +15 Uchi ta very much.

i always keep a bow for one of the giants in sens, but I was watching a lets play and realised you can actually jump over to where he is somehow so I'm goign to do a bowless playthrough next. will stop me cheesing the hard boss fights anyway.

i always keep a bow for one of the giants in sens, but I was watching a lets play and realised you can actually jump over to where he is somehow so I'm goign to do a bowless playthrough next. will stop me cheesing the hard boss fights anyway.

Is that the one that opens the gate? I can't figure out how to get there, I think a lot of the upper level of Sen's looks unfinished, there's big empty areas. What's with the knight NPC on the stairs? he shoots arrows at you, you kill him and get the NPC dying sound effect, and that's it?

nah the one at the gate you get to by
    dropping into the large pit at the very start of the level and running into a door in the corner, then there's a hidden wall and some climbing to do

iirc it's the fella who drops the boulders into the hole and i cant even remember how to make the jump now, i just know I saw someone do it and was all "ehmagerd"

what knight fella, ricard? yeah he has 0 backstory at all and you'd imagine he really should given he's a distinct character.

nah the one at the gate you get to by
    dropping into the large pit at the very start of the level and running into a door in the corner, then there's a hidden wall and some climbing to do

iirc it's the fella who drops the boulders into the hole and i cant even remember how to make the jump now, i just know I saw someone do it and was all "ehmagerd"

what knight fella, ricard? yeah he has 0 backstory at all and you'd imagine he really should given he's a distinct character.

Ah yeah, you just jump straight off the walkway with the gap in it near the tower where the merchant guy is. That giant respawns too I can't remember how many souls you get for killing him but I think he drops a titanite chunk as well.
    Chunk farming is a pain since there's no real easy way to warp to New Londo to fight the Darkwraiths, you either go down from Firelink in the front way and take the shortcut or go through the Valley of Drakes entrance, both are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Ah yeah, you just jump straight off the walkway with the gap in it near the tower where the merchant guy is. That giant respawns too I can't remember how many souls you get for killing him but I think he drops a titanite chunk as well.
    Chunk farming is a pain since there's no real easy way to warp to New Londo to fight the Darkwraiths, you either go down from Firelink in the front way and take the shortcut or go through the Valley of Drakes entrance, both are annoying.

You can get to the dark wraiths in about 2 mins, and then 7/8 to kill down there. can get annoying when they don't seem to be dropping much.

2smiggy wrote: »
    You can get to the dark wraiths in about 2 mins, and then 7/8 to kill down there. can get annoying when they don't seem to be dropping much.

Ah I know it's just annoying when you don't want to waste souls buying Transient Curses, there's an area with 2-3 Darkwraiths and some ghosts generate if you venture too far in so there's running away involved :pac: the ruins is one of those areas I visit purely for what's needed, farming chunks down there I had my fill of getting the Uchi and Balder sword to +15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

You can reach the third giant in Sens through a secret door in the tar pit apparently, one of the few places I've never been to in the game so don't know if there's anything worthwhile there but I'd assume you can fight him

Harps wrote: »
    You can reach the third giant in Sens through a secret door in the tar pit apparently, one of the few places I've never been to in the game so don't know if there's anything worthwhile there but I'd assume you can fight him

I've been down there loads of times, flat on my back dead but still :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I've been down there loads of times, flat on my back dead but still :pac:

Likewise and that's the main reason I've never been to see the giant, don't think I've ever once made it out of that pit alive

Advertisement