Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Harps wrote: »
    The Uchi has bleed damage as well so if you get 3 or 4 hits in a row you get a massive damage boost on a lot of enemies.The drake sword usually lasts me to Anor Londo but once you level up your dex and get the uchi to +10 there's no comparison

None at all, I used the Drake sword for a chunk of my first playthrough too until I realised what I was missing with the Uchi or Zweihander. The Balder sword too although I prefer the Uchi tbh but that's just me. I usually run them together with Havel's ring and Cloranthy ring, switch between for different enemies. getting both to +15 and they become absolute wrecking machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also, I got my Uchigana up to +5 but with my dex at 21, it still only does half the damage of the drake sword.
    Have you been to the Depths? Did you get the Large Ember? That will let you upgrade to +10 and increase the scaling as well as the basic damage.

The Very Large Ember for +15 is actually handy enough to get if you know where to go. Once you get it to +15 and DEX of 30 you'll decimate opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sound lads! Ya, got the large amber and gave it to andre but didnt know what it did. Think the rest of my stats will go into vitality and dex and will head to andre after anor londo. Might do lautrecs world before o & s.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bought this based on the amount of times this thread pops up on my radar, I'm in for a treat aren't i?

Sound lads! Ya, got the large amber and gave it to andre but didnt know what it did. Think the rest of my stats will go into vitality and dex and will head to andre after anor londo. Might do lautrecs world before o & s.

If you want a few practice runs at O&S throw your summon sign down in front of their door, it's a high traffic area so you shouldn't be waiting too long to be summong (depends on your level too).
    It's a good way to check their attack patterns and see what you can and can't dodge. Summoning others makes it much easier, I had zero humanity so fought them solo and hollow, nearly cried when I beat them I had barely any health left too. Satisfying isn't the word.

also you can get their armour, Ornstein's is cool so you need to kill Smough first if you want it, the merchant sitting under the aquaduct near Firelink sells it. It's one of the few boss fights I didn't mind replaying because the music is absolutely epic and it's a proper scrap the whole way through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,960 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

bought this based on the amount of times this thread pops up on my radar, I'm in for a treat aren't i?

you are indeed , and you have just enough time to pass it before dark souls 2 :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

D!ckwraithing in Anor Londo with my level 55 sorceror is fun and a great stress release :D One think I like to do is run up the ramps to where the archers are and whip out my Enchanted bow and act as a 3rd archer.

or move the platforms around so they have to go over the rafters again !! highly annoying to have done to you, but a nice feeling doing it to someone else :p

2smiggy wrote: »
    or move the platforms around so they have to go over the rafters again !! highly annoying to have done to you, but a nice feeling doing it to someone else :p

You can do that?! there's my evening sorted :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    You can do that?! there's my evening sorted :pac:

oh yes !! i never used to stop at the bonfire after the archers, so would normally just use the one with the fire keeper. you can often get the chance to move the platform and wave as you go up !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

oh yes !! i never used to stop at the bonfire after the archers, so would normally just use the one with the fire keeper. you can often get the chance to move the platform and wave as you go up !
    that's just pure badness:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

after all the SL1 talk I decided to start one with a pyro...not as bad as I thought it would be but just past capra now with my gear at +5 and easily despatching most baddies...
    the most frustrating part was the start when i was trying to walk through the hollows and getting caught up with 2 or 3 of them...after you get to Andrei it's plain sailing and I'm getting much better at not taking hits...it's really enjoyable...still get the invaders though in the burg and parish that generally are hugely overpowered and kicking my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

D!ckwraithing in Anor Londo with my level 55 sorceror is fun and a great stress release :D One think I like to do is run up the ramps to where the archers are and whip out my Enchanted bow and act as a 3rd archer.

You're the worst!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Kiith wrote: »
    Drake sword was invaluable on my first playthough, but i never use it now. If you know what to do, you can get other weapons as powerful quite easily.

I found it kind of ruined my first play through, I never learned the importance of levelling up my weapons so ended up with an underpower lvl 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I hope all level designers take notes from dark souls. And boss fights. Oh and combat!

I hope all level designers take notes from dark souls. And boss fights. Oh and combat!

The level design especially. Once you can warp between bonfires it takes a massive amount of trekking out of it, not all of them are available and some of the ones you can do it with are strange choices.

i forgot how tough the sanctuary guardian is !! took me about 20 attempts to pass him last night

i forgot how tough the sanctuary guardian is !! took me about 20 attempts to pass him last night

And if you go back later there's two of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was the tail cut worth going after there or did you try? Don't think I ever got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This is what I want my current build to be. A big monster tank. It looks freakin' awsome :pac:

After I finish this one I'll do a Level 100 dex based build.

• Advertisement

Thought this was very cool

Anyone know what the story is with ng+ and summoning? I jumped into my first playthrough which is now ng+ I'd already beaten the bell gargoyles so said I'd take a run at Queelag since I already had loads of poison stuff and the rusted ring making Blightown a breeze, summoned two guys at the bonfire and the got demolished in one hit by Queelag. would they have been not on ng+? they seemed to take an unholy amount of damage

Anyone know what the story is with ng+ and summoning? I jumped into my first playthrough which is now ng+ I'd already beaten the bell gargoyles so said I'd take a run at Queelag since I already had loads of poison stuff and the rusted ring making Blightown a breeze, summoned two guys at the bonfire and the got demolished in one hit by Queelag. would they have been not on ng+? they seemed to take an unholy amount of damage

My understanding was it shouldn't matter which mode they are in as you can only summon those with in + or - 10 % of your own soul level, could be wrong in that thinking though.

calex71 wrote: »
    My understanding was it shouldn't matter which mode they are in as you can only summon those with in + or - 10 % of your own soul level, could be wrong in that thinking though.

Ah ok, I shoulda just summoned Maneater Mildred instead. ng+ certainly keeps you on your toes, I seriously underpowered my Endurance on that playthrough, it's level 15 :(

Ah ok, I shoulda just summoned Maneater Mildred instead. ng+ certainly keeps you on your toes, I seriously underpowered my Endurance on that playthrough, it's level 15 :(

I am basing my assumption on getting summoned in the depths in new game +++, no way someone on their 1st play should be able to summon me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Yep it's the level range that counts. Sucks when you're the summon and get hammered by the boss when you're not expecting it.

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Yep it's the level range that counts. Sucks when you're the summon and get hammered by the boss when you're not expecting it.

I've definitely been summoned into games where bosses hit way harder than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

I've definitely been summoned into games where bosses hit way harder than normal.

Bosses also get more health when there are phantoms involved. It's usually not noticeable with the added damage from the phantoms.

The 4 Kings are often easier to fight on your own unless the phantoms have decent DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Third video is out ;)

While the video above we fight the capra demon as an SL1, I did a standalone video recently too on how to defeat it as an SL1 and get Pyromancy upgraded very quickly when starting at firelink, secret shortcut too :)

• Advertisement

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Bosses also get more health when there are phantoms involved. It's usually not noticeable with the added damage from the phantoms.

The 4 Kings are often easier to fight on your own unless the phantoms have decent DPS.

I never got the big deal bout the Four Kings tbh, I think it took me 3 maybe 4 attempts at them, bosses like the Capra Demon took me way more goes. now the Capra is something I fight wayyy late into the game not early like my first playthrough, I usually have O&S killed before I even go to the Depths purely for warping.

Advertisement