Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Xyo wrote: »
    jump back when he jumps at you, then parry his next attack swap to 2hder and riposte.

I've actually got this far without doing either of those don't tell me i have to learn them right at the end?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

weiland79 wrote: »
    Gwyn is giving me a right pain in my hoop. Any tips lads or if anyone wants to jump in i'm SL95 on PS3. I've been waiting around for a summon sign for ages It's obviously not a busy area

Solaire should be there to help no?

Gwyn was the easiest boss in the game for me :confused: I'd say I battered him but that would suggest I hit him many times, Solaire distracted him and I hit him 2 or 3 times with the Quelaag Furysword with +10 humanity and he fell down, game over.

Admittedly Solaire did use that badass lightning spear on him i think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Gwyn is giving me a right pain in my hoop. Any tips lads or if anyone wants to jump in i'm SL95 on PS3. I've been waiting around for a summon sign for ages It's obviously not a busy area

There is a real easy way of killing him. Its in one of my previous posts in this thread.

Got him! First play through complete, straight into NG 1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I have an INT build that's in your SL range, dunno if you're still online but I'll pop over there and lay down my soul sign outside his fog gate. My user is Saidinmilamber :)

• Advertisement

I have an INT build that's in your SL range, dunno if you're still online but I'll pop over there and lay down my soul sign outside his fog gate. My user is Saidinmilamber :)

I just beat him thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sens Fortress is just class. Tough but do-able. Worred about Siggy though. I tried to talk to him a few more times but it's like as if it's not registering that I press X. When I talked to him outside, he said hhhmmmm. but in the fortress, it says press x to talk. I press x but the 'press x to talk message just stays there. Hope it still moves on his story.

Anyway, I was killed by the very cool mimic chest demon. I went back down looking for him but he is gone. I read he has a cool lighting spear. Anyone know if he changes location when you die?

Had one go at the iron golem, gonna try again later. Finding out how the boulders drop down the hole was a nice touch as well. Didn't realise you could make your way over there til I went through a doorway and got pulverised by
    the giant

If you're human and found the bonfire, head over to the tower and summon Black Iron Tarkus, he'll demolish the Golem on his own

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

krudler wrote: »
    If you're human and found the bonfire, head over to the tower and summon Black Iron Tarkus, he'll demolish the Golem on his own

Sound man, did that last night. Felt cheap but absolutely necessary as my melee attacks were doing 0 damage! Onto Anor Londo and stuck at the knight archers. Used all my arrows and broke my uchigana just getting there but now I'm gonna just run past all enemies and try and melee them off their ledges.

Sickened though I don't have the peculiar doll to go into that painting. I'm fully sure I went back to my cell in the asylum on my return but didn't see anything.

Is Goldie Knight's world coming up soon or did I pass it already?

Sound man, did that last night. Felt cheap but absolutely necessary as my melee attacks were doing 0 damage! Onto Anor Londo and stuck at the knight archers. Used all my arrows and broke my uchigana just getting there but now I'm gonna just run past all enemies and try and melee them off their ledges.

Sickened though I don't have the peculiar doll to go into that painting. I'm fully sure I went back to my cell in the asylum on my return but didn't see anything.

To get into Lautrec's world you need to have that red eye orb in your inventory, you'll get a message that it's making noise and then be given the option to invade him, its a fairly tough fight too. For the Archers just sprint up the walkway they cant hit you, go to the one on the right, roll when he fires and arrow and you'll either agro him into chasing you or he'll fall off, just make sure you have the demons taken care of as you dont need him chasing you all the way down there and being surrounded. If you have the Zweihander just roll through his arrow and two handed heavy attack him it'll floor him for a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Never feel cheap about using Tarkus. That wrecking ball deserves to be let loose at every opportunity. To be honest, I get offended when people don't summon him. :p
    To get into Lautrec's world you need to have that red eye orb in your inventory

Its the black eye orb.

By the way, love your transformation from noob to mentor.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I ran up the stairs when I was fighting Lautrec, it seemed to help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i equipped the hawk ring and stood outside their aggro range pelting them with arrows

#preparetonoob

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Never feel cheap about using Tarkus. That wrecking ball deserves to be let loose at every opportunity. To be honest, I get offended when people don't summon him. :p

Its the black eye orb.

By the way, love your transformation from noob to mentor.:D

Ah you're right my bad. I'm currently a dickwraith so used to seeing the red one :pac:

Haha yeah, 2 months ago I didnt know jack. Still dont know everything or haven't seen everything but I love how people on here help others, the community aspect of it is brilliant. I talked two friends into buying it too and feel like a Jedi answering their noob questions lol they'll know their dex scaling from their covenants in no time :D

Ah you're right my bad. I'm currently a dickwraith so used to seeing the red one :pac:

Haha yeah, 2 months ago I didnt know jack. Still dont know everything or haven't seen everything but I love how people on here help others, the community aspect of it is brilliant. I talked two friends into buying it too and feel like a Jedi answering their noob questions lol they'll know their dex scaling from their covenants in no time :D

Make the most of it, we'll all be noobs again in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Make the most of it, we'll all be noobs again in March.

and I can't bloody wait!!!!:D

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

I've been playing Dark Souls fairly regularly since release. My biggest fear with DS2 is my shiny new PS4 being chucked aside.:p

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

Me either, in a comfort zone now with DS1 and I want to be dragged kicking and screaming out of it.

I'm sure it'll seem less daunting having some base knowledge of how humanity and all that jazz works but still, I want some nasty surprises.

I ran up the stairs when I was fighting Lautrec, it seemed to help.

I went up the stairs, shot one of his minions with an arrow to agro them then landed a jumping attack off the stairs get rid of him, lautrecs attacks can be pretty hard hitting.

Went back to my SL1 run this evening. Beat Capra, the Gargoyles, Pinwheel, and Quelaag.

Here's my build so far. I swap in a chaos fire hand axe, and a light crossbow (+10) as needed. Pleasantly surprised at the utility of that crossbow I gotta say! Very surprising! Off to Sen's now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

On my new build I attacked Lautrec at Firelink but accidentaly knocked him off the ledge with my Claymore. Sh!te anyway :( I wanted to get the Ring of Favour and Protection from his corpse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Went back to my SL1 run this evening. Beat Capra, the Gargoyles, Pinwheel, and Quelaag.

Here's my build so far. I swap in a chaos fire hand axe, and a light crossbow (+10) as needed. Pleasantly surprised at the utility of that crossbow I gotta say! Very surprising! Off to Sen's now...

The crossbow might suck during pvp cos of the long loading animation but I found it dead handy against many an AI enemy. A +5 Lightning Avelyn with Lightning bolts can do quite a lotta damage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

On my new build I attacked Lautrec at Firelink but accidentaly knocked him off the ledge with my Claymore. Sh!te anyway :( I wanted to get the Ring of Favour and Protection from his corpse.

If you knock him off, you can quit and reload the game. His items should be on the ground where he was standing (not all of the though. Iirc, to get his armour, you need to do the whole sidequest).

Just quit and reload and it'll be right there where he was sitting :)

PS. I alway let him kill her, as the Dingy set is one of the best light set in the game

killed Seath on first attempt with my Dex build, took one hit, awww yeah. look at that damage fly up. have all the lord souls now so will go chunk farming in Kiln and then level up more and do some pvp, and that's probably me done until DS2 :) (see me starting a new build tomorrow now lol )

I knew something funky was going on with Siggy when pressing x to talk to him at Sens Fortress was doing nothing. I got to where he should be Anor londo and he's not there. I changed the boulders for him in the fortress an all. Google tells me ther people have the same problem. Pity, I was interested in his story since seeing him sitting outside the fortress.

Also, I got my Uchigana up to +5 but with my dex at 21, it still only does half the damage of the drake sword. I'm finding Drakee the best weapon for the silver knights. Found the for gates for what I think is the boss but the 2 giants in the big hall are putting me off going near it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I knew something funky was going on with Siggy when pressing x to talk to him at Sens Fortress was doing nothing. I got to where he should be Anor londo and he's not there. I changed the boulders for him in the fortress an all. Google tells me ther people have the same problem. Pity, I was interested in his story since seeing him sitting outside the fortress.

Also, I got my Uchigana up to +5 but with my dex at 21, it still only does half the damage of the drake sword. I'm finding Drakee the best weapon for the silver knights. Found the for gates for what I think is the boss but the 2 giants in the big hall are putting me off going near it :)

Misery ahead!

Jericho. wrote: »
    Misery ahead!

Had a go off the 2 boys.......yeah, I'm done for the night :)

My black eye orb was buzzing, should I do that sidequest now or wait til later ye thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Drake sword was invaluable on my first playthough, but i never use it now. If you know what to do, you can get other weapons as powerful quite easily.

Get thee to the Depths ruins and find the large ember, it's near the Butcher close to the entrance, if you already got it give it to Andre in Undead Parish and you can bump weapons to +10, that's when the magic starts to happen :D keep bumping Dex up too you'd want it to 40 ideally, you'd be doing 1000+ damage with the Uchi after a few slashes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The Uchi has bleed damage as well so if you get 3 or 4 hits in a row you get a massive damage boost on a lot of enemies.The drake sword usually lasts me to Anor Londo but once you level up your dex and get the uchi to +10 there's no comparison

Advertisement