Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Didnt a good few hours go by on the roof, just kinda chillin and waitin for sh!t to calm down, Enough time has passed for another group to build a Barricade at the end of the Street

I'd say we're 10-12 hours into the outbreak, meanin that its late in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Didnt a good few hours go by on the roof, just kinda chillin and waitin for sh!t to calm down, Enough time has passed for another group to build a Barricade at the end of the Street

I'd say we're 10-12 hours into the outbreak, meanin that its late in the afternoon
    from how I understood it we had spent the night on the roof because you had gone down to the office and your morning alarm went off ;)

so it's probably about 8 or 9 in the morning at most

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    from how I understood it we had spent the night on the roof because you had gone down to the office and your morning alarm went off ;)

so it's probably about 8 or 9 in the morning at most

Yes, we're definitely "Day 2". Makes even more sense to keep track of days passed.

I suggest we define the day as Morning, Afternoon (still light but need to be aware of failing light), Evening (dark). I think we are right now at Day 2 Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

just posted my bit apologies if its a bit long winded
    and i make it mid morning about 10/11 am of day two

seen as the next chapter is out im just going to post my options here, not that it matters but im going to anyway.

my options were.
    (A) take on Z's in bike shop risky
    (B) head back to kiosk safe
    (C) search for gunfire stupid

the more i think about it, it doesnt really matter what my choices are because the next writer could turn my safe option into a risky one etc

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1

just reposting so we all know where we are, and any one else who wants to join in is more then welcome, just put your name on the list

this is exactly what I wanted :)
    not a difficult decision
    but a decision that would tear us aprt :D

tie with 3 votes to both A and C

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    this is exactly what I wanted :)
    not a difficult decision
    but a decision that would tear us aprt :D

tie with 3 votes to both A and C

Come on tie breaker!!!!

And we have it from Sticky_Fingers

"Option A, ditch her, she's got a bad attitude problem, it wasn't so long ago that she was going into hysterics when she followed you into the hardware store and lest we forget it was her bloody fault the zombies attacked through the window in the first place.

I'm going to get my ass gnawed off I at least want it to be my own fault.
    "

And I could not have said it better myself! Well said. Well said indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Just wanted to let ya'll know I'll have my chapter up in the morning...my morning anyway.:)

• Advertisement

Great stuff, chasethislight.

General question to all - what's the thinking on zombies and water - specifically rivers?

Can they swim? As good as live people?

I think they would avoid water in the way animals do, but could paddle/float on the surface if they had to (and had the appropriate limb intact) - but wouldn't do a fast front crawl.

One of the few zombie films I've seen, they were walking on the bottom of a lake underneath the water (I can't remember the name of the film so I won't spoiler that sentence). That was a bit controversial for genre fans, am I right?

Thank you. :)

Okay, I know the film you're talking about...it's a Romero film...in fact, two of his have zeds being able to walk under water. And I know a lot of people who didn't agree with it and thought the movies were crap (okay, they were crap, but they have zombies, therefore making them cool, IMO). But, I get what he was doing - the zombies were adapting; scary thought, that.

Anyway, I'd say, no, they can't swim. I think they're pretty much - at this stage, no adapting yet - single minded in that they want flesh, etc to eat. That's they're focus, that's what they know; they don't have memories of things like swimming. Now, if one managed to get into a body of water, I could see them managing to move about but not with the intention of actually swimming, but simply because they're dead, they're not breathing, they can't drown, so what else are they going to do? In other words, I'd say they wouldn't be much of a threat.

I hope that made sense as I rambled a bit. :o

Thanks for replying, CTL, makes sense.

Another question! (but others, feel free to put your "oar" in on the swimming thing).

I get that if you are bitten by a Z and run away - you're infected and will eventually turn, although possibly missing a chunk of flesh or a limb etc.

But I haven't got my head around what happens to the victim who is surrounded en masse and chomped at by the zombie horde.

Do the Zs eat the individual (bones and all)? Do they just eat limbs and stomach and then shuffle away, leaving an eviscerated limbless zombie? Is it actually possible for so much of the victim to be eaten that they die?

Hmmm, that is an intriguing proposition, we know that there can be crawlers, I wonder how much of the body has to be gone before re anilation is impossible.

What we need is a woodchipper and some 'Volunteers'

I volunteer to run the woodchipper. :D

Seriously, though...if the only way to kill a zombie is to sever the spinal cord or damage their brain, then I'd say as long as those are intact, you could possibly see a mostly nommed on zed crawling about.

The brain folks - the key is the brain I think.

If the brain is intact - the Z shall shamble, or crawl, or just wiggle around a bit and gnash it's teeth at you if it's limbless.

No brain - no motor.

And I'd concur on the underwater Z's... that's a negative ghost rider, on the swimming bit. BUT they can sure shamble along the sea floor, albeit VERY slowly.

EDIT - sorry CTL. I missed yer 'brain' post somehow. Either way - we're on the same page.

Yes WE Know that for Z's, But I'm curious about Reanimation, does there need to be a Specific amount of Body for the Virus to reanimate it.

Example,

Z's catch someone, they kill and eat them, but that person is wearing a motorbike helmet meaning that the Z's cant get at the Brain, will that brain in a bikehelmet Reanimate?????

I would be led to think that as long as the injuries from the Z didn't affect the brain initially reanimation would occurr

like... a hoard is surroundinga guy, tearing him to pieces, if he is still "alive" when the first z takes a tear he wil turn

but if the first blow from the Z is brain then nop animation will happen

thats what I think anyways

Z's catch someone, they kill and eat them, but that person is wearing a motorbike helmet meaning that the Z's cant get at the Brain, will that brain in a bikehelmet Reanimate?????

Have you seen the "Dawn of the Dead" remake? If you watch the credits, without giving away too much in case someone hasn't, there's a lone zombie head, not attached to a body, gnashing away. Sure, maybe that happened after reanimation, but I think, if you're infected, so long as there's an undamaged brain, there's reanimation.

Have you seen the "Dawn of the Dead" remake? If you watch the credits, without giving away too much in case someone hasn't, there's a lone zombie head, not attached to a body, gnashing away. Sure, maybe that happened after reanimation, but I think, if you're infected, so long as there's an undamaged brain, there's reanimation.
    this actually happens in several of the romero movies, most notable for me was (because I have watched it so recently) land of the dead
    when the black zombie is trying to help his Z friends and grabs one by the head. then somehow the Z is decapitated and the black dude is left holding his head... then he cries out and stomps on the head because it's still moving, to put it out of it's misery I guess :P
    awwwwwh!

• Advertisement

Eh Lads and lassies

we may be reaching an interestion point in the story, judging by the selections people are making at the moment, Being trapped and becoming infected are real possibilites by the time I get to write,

so should that happen the options will be

A)BRAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS
    B)BRAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNS
    C)Vote Fianna Fail

so its a toss up between A and B then

Option A...yeah, B seems a lot safer, but as stated by anomalous, that bike is valuable. You make better time with it than you would on foot, plus all your supplies are attached to it. You can't abandon it now.

how I see it is, this isn't going to be a problem, the wall is railed and if you move quickly you'll have enough time to A, put your hands through the bars and grab your stuff and B, if we're fit enough we can put our arms through and lift the bike until it hangs from the rails. then take our hands out and lift it clean over.

it's an expensive biike so that means it's gotta be light

and as well as that if we'd have enough time to cycle from side to side a few times before making a break for it then we must haven enough time to do that :)

smiley out!

SUNGOD wrote: »
    so its a toss up between A and B then

Would C be more attractive if I'd mentioned that as you hurtle at the zombie line brandishing your axe, you are also shouting "FRREEEDDDDDOMMMM" :cool:

Seriously, I hope I haven't made things too difficult. I wanted to do two things - move us on to a different location than where we'd started (the city after all will take time to traverse on a bike), and, f*ck it, I wanted to write an "oh my god they're coming from all directions" scene :P.

I genuinely think one of the options is reasonably safe!

DakotaYoda - as you've made your choice, I've pm'd you the outcomes.

I think SUNGOD was referring to my BRAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNSS comment, in that not even becoming a Mindles undead Zombie would prompt most of us to Vote FF

But yeah, I had kinda pictured some kind of Celtic Roar being involved as I launched throught the air at the Z's I'd ust be terrefied of landin like the other eejit

I think SUNGOD was referring to my BRAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNSS comment, in that not even becoming a Mindles undead Zombie would prompt most of us to Vote FF

i was :D

saw this in CVP&L
    zombieht.jpg
    :D:D

Sorry all - slammed at work and have no time today to post the next CYOA.

I will have time this evening, my time, so I WILL get one posted. Apologies for the delay. :D

• Advertisement

im loving your videos Dakota great stuff

Advertisement