Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

thats me Im getting on it as I type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

It seems that one of the consequences of splitting the thread is that I don't get email notifications of posts on the new story thread - I thought it had gone defunct until I browsed to the forum.

Anyway, looking forward to continuing the new story. Anybody new who wants to jump in and take a hand writing an episode, just post [a message to that effect] in this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

It seems that one of the consequences of splitting the thread is that I don't get email notifications of posts on the new story thread - I thought it had gone defunct until I browsed to the forum.

Anyway, looking forward to continuing the new story. Anybody new who wants to jump in and take a hand writing an episode, just post [a message to that effect] in this thread :D

Roger that and thanks for the heads up wavehopper. That was sure an unintended consequence of cleaning things up. We'll look into a way to see if we can keep notifications or move things differently so people can get the update emails.

I got the email notification for the Story thread!

Great work, ChaseThisLight.

But I'm not going to vote tonight, have to think about it more - tough choices, which I will dwell upon in the office. My main problem - I'm already fond of Psycho James, despite his Daddy issues. Beginning to think I'd last 5 minutes come the apocalypse :(;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

2010-02-24-determinism.png

• Advertisement

ChaseTheLight sent me her choices for the next part, but I see that Deise has posted a new paragraph. I've no problem with that but we need a rota to see whose next?

Ok. Issue sorted. I deleted deise go deo and phil106's posts from the Story thread and PM'd them and wavehopper1. wavehopper1 will continue on w/ the story outcomes he was given and we'll add deise go deo into the rotation in slot 7, as long as he is ok with that.

I hope that works for everyone and kindly let me know if it causes any issues.

Schedule:

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo

That's fine with me. I'll post up tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Sorry about barging in like that, I dident realize there was a rota.:o

Story is up :D

Deise - you're most welcome to join, looking forward to your entry. Once you've posted your choice to my part, I'll send you my outcomes by PM. You wait about 2 days before posting the next part.

Well, the guns were a challenge that I met with Google. Personally I've gone clay shooting all of once in my life, which I suspect is more than at least 50% of the Irish population. I doubt a shotgun would be particularly useful, so I made it a rifle, and was careful not to specify the experience of our hero - others can decide on that. Apologies to gun enthusiasts for any errors in the details.

• Advertisement

I know that at least one other writer here probably has a soft spot for the aul FN-FAL 7.62 ;)
    fal_imbel.jpg

However we seem to have a Bolt action remington with a 3 round internal clip
    Remington700.jpg

Still tho, Better than a frying Pan :eek:

Hi Mahatma,

I'm not sure if I should be quibbling with people who take the time to read my incoherent scribblings and make a choice...but...
    option C, and SIGNAL James

remember he can see you if you move out into the street

James went to the front bedroom and is shooting out into the street. You went out the back and over the back garden wall into a park. He won't see you unless he leaves where he is and goes to an upstairs room that looks over the back - and if you have stayed put against the wall, he definitely can't see you until you move out into the park.

Plus - that's the gun I intended - saw it mentioned a few times on boards.ie shooting as legally licensed in Ireland - but I'm not at all sure about your carpet pattern

Thanks ;), I Likes ta know these sort a things, and yeah, OK Signalin from somewhere James cant possibly see me Probably wouldnt work:o

Hi Guys, So when I post my part of the story tomorrow evening, I PM the Outcomes to DacotaYoda after they vote right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Hi Mahatma,

I'm not sure if I should be quibbling with people who take the time to read my incoherent scribblings and make a choice...but...

James went to the front bedroom and is shooting out into the street. You went out the back and over the back garden wall into a park. He won't see you unless he leaves where he is and goes to an upstairs room that looks over the back - and if you have stayed put against the wall, he definitely can't see you until you move out into the park.

Plus - that's the gun I intended - saw it mentioned a few times on boards.ie shooting as legally licensed in Ireland - but I'm not at all sure about your carpet pattern

Didn't you break the back patio door with a chair? I think james may have heard that, could even be legging it to the back window to look down to see if there is a zombie horde in the back garden.
    Also think you did mention our experience with weapns (not much it seems) as we "take one of the rifles and copy James' actions to load the weapon."

Im loving the story, and please dont take this as a criticism at all, I love everyones bits so far!

Hi Guys, So when I post my part of the story tomorrow evening, I PM the Outcomes to DacotaYoda after they vote right?

Thats correct deise. Pretty much - after you post your story, and you see that I've voted on your post you can PM me your Outcomes.

Right, thats my part of the story up.:)

I hope its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

great stuff deise go deo that will keep the story ticking along nicely

I think I should clarify one thing, when I said 'Industrial Complex' I meant more along the lines of heavy industry. Think Iron Works rather than IDA park.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7jcFRNBGpcKKGUptOMxednxSPOvqSS5rN_OOCTgYMVOxSuFlMiQ

The point being that they work constantly, it wont be shut for the weekend.

Just gonna post this again in the hope that it sinks in

• Advertisement

I think I should clarify one thing, when I said 'Industrial Complex' I meant more along the lines of heavy industry. Think Iron Works rather than IDA park.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7jcFRNBGpcKKGUptOMxednxSPOvqSS5rN_OOCTgYMVOxSuFlMiQ

The point being that they work constantly, it wont be shut for the weekend.

Even better for making fortifications and weapons!
    Im making me an anti-zombie suit or armour and some devious weapons!

ah but, Do You know the ins and outs of the machinery at our disposal??

I could confidently walk out int my Sawmill and build ya 3 Solid antiZ machines, but in a strange environment with scthuff ya aint familiar with????????????

ah but, Do You know the ins and outs of the machinery at our disposal??

I could confidently walk out int my Sawmill and build ya 3 Solid antiZ machines, but in a strange environment with scthuff ya aint familiar with????????????

I dont think I can make an iron man suit, but I would think welders gear and gloves over a few layers of clothes would be a good start! And their mask with the eye protection broken off (assuming that it is tinted/reactive lens)!

oh ya can get goggles with Glass lenses and Flip up shade bits, tis all good in the hood

lols :P
    you ever tried sprinting with a welders mask on? it'll be awkward, floppin all over the gaf, and wreckin your head, you'll wanna get rid of it straight away, it wont protect you from anything but splatter and I don't think we're gonna be pulling a dexter morgan any time soon :P

ah I was thinkin of somethin like those Leather hoods with teh built in respirators that ya use for sandblastin or cleanin a chemical tank

ah I getcha, bit similar to haz mat hoods? still wouldn't wanna be runnin round in anythin like that :P
    wouldn't do any wonders for both your hearing or field of vision

you'd scare most other survivors ****less though :P

Y'd be surprised what ya can adapt to, Modern Kevlar armor is about 20Kg heavier than what the crusading knights wore

• Advertisement

Y'd be surprised what ya can adapt to, Modern Kevlar armor is about 20Kg heavier than what the crusading knights wore
    it wasn't the weight more, the manoueverability, like cycling with a helmet thats too big for you, you're gonna get preoccupied with keepin the thing straight on your head and crash

Advertisement