Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

I'll give it a go. Never done anything like it, so maybe when it's my turn, one of you old hands would preview in case it's problematic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'll give it a go. Never done anything like it, so maybe when it's my turn, one of you old hands would preview in case it's problematic...

Absolutely wavehopper! Have at it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you want me to look anything over. Weekends can be tough so if you can have your post up by Monday that would be fine. If you care to post it Sunday evening that would be fine too.

Thanks again!

EDIT - ChaseThisLight will be PM the answers to her post sometime on Sunday so you can take it from there wavehopper.

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Absolutely wavehopper! Have at it.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you want me to look anything over. Weekends can be tough so if you can have your post up by Monday that would be fine. If you care to post it Sunday evening that would be fine too.

Thanks again!

EDIT - ChaseThisLight will be PM the answers to her post sometime on Sunday so you can take it from there wavehopper.

Sounds good. The vote is close between A and B, but looks like its choice B?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

best of luck dude :)
    like dakota said, feel free to PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

It was very close, yeah...but it does look like it's B. I've already pm'd you my choices, wavehopper1, because I'm not feeling well (I hope it's not the T-Virus :eek:) and may sleep in tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing how we fare in your hands. :)

• Advertisement

I got your choices, ChaseTheLight, hope you get the sleep-in.

Once I started writing, my confidence has gone up a bit - it's not as daunting once you start tapping the keys! I'll post up my contribution this evening.

I got your choices, ChaseTheLight, hope you get the sleep-in.

Once I started writing, my confidence has gone up a bit - it's not as daunting once you start tapping the keys! I'll post up my contribution this evening.

Even better - I slept for 12 hours straight. Lovely. :)

Glad to hear it's coming easy for you. I'm sure it'll be great.

Gave it my best shot. Apologies if there's too much dialogue, or it goes on too long.

Gave it my best shot. Apologies if there's too much dialogue, or it goes on too long.

Apologies?! That was great! :D

that was fairly awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

great stuff wavehopper1

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1

so unless anyone else comes on board its back to Dakota when the voting is done

Ok - so I think I'm up next. No problem.

It'll be a bit before I get something posted, hang over coupled w/ meetings for most of the day :mad:, but it should be up sometime later today.

EDIT - wavehopper - can you PM me what your choices led to please? Thanks!!

DakotaYoda - I pm'd you my categorization of the choices.

It's not a competition but I think others did a better job than I did with making the choices more difficult to distinguish between - the votes on mine seem to be unanimous.

For the record, the safest choice in my own head wasn't the one everybody went for :D

For the record, the safest choice in my own head wasn't the one everybody went for :D

That's okay, I think...part of the fun and anticipation of the next reply, you know? It's kinda like having a really great secret. I mean, you saw my choices - for awhile I thought death was going to be next! And even though I was silently screaming "Choose life!" every time I saw a vote, I thought it was cool that they didn't even know at the time that they were so close to death. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

on my next go when the voting is done as well as PM'ing my choices to the next writer im going to post them here.
    just to let people know the reasons behind my choices and possible outcome of the choices that are not picked.
    if anyone else wants to do the same ,then great as i just want more zombie stuff to think about

Yup - I'll post my choice outcomes after voting closed. Good call SUNGOD.

Also - I didn't shoot the video in my post just for the game. We did a project for LostZombies.com last week and that was the video we did. I shoehorned into the story since I liked the way it turned out. :)

I DO hope to do a full video-based CYOA at some point. I have a rough outline but need to figure out how to shoot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I DO hope to do a full video-based CYOA at some point. I have a rough outline but need to figure out how to shoot it.

now that is a savage idea!!!!!

I've noticed a couple posts mentioning you don't know what's behind the firedoor, etc.

Sorry - poor explanation by me. My intent was that you had already explored the whole warehouse and you were just going back to double check the hanging plastic area. After re-reading my post I notice I say it doesn't take long to explore but I never say you explored the whole thing. Apologies - I was runnin' on fumes when my post went up.

If that changes your mind then feel free to revote.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I've noticed a couple posts mentioning you don't know what's behind the firedoor, etc.

Sorry - poor explanation by me. My intent was that you had already explored the whole warehouse and you were just going back to double check the hanging plastic area. After re-reading my post I notice I say it doesn't take long to explore but I never say you explored the whole thing. Apologies - I was runnin' on fumes when my post went up.

Boo

:pac:

That's exactly what I got from what you wrote - that the warehouse had been explored, save for behind the plastic, hence my vote for A.

• Advertisement

Thanks for clarifying. But I won't change my vote - also on my mind is that I haven't tested pulling down the firedoor, what if it gets stuck, I've wasted time dawdling instead of moving!

I was reading this entry in work at lunch time and I literally yelped out loud in surprise when I saw the end of the video! Great stuff!

Im stickin with my vote too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah Folks, the Door in that video SWINGS, Right, tis not a slider as that would completley invalidate the puttin a plank through it OK ;)

Y'd be surprised as to which option is the safest :)

I don't follow :P puttin a plank through the door handles will stop the door being opened, whether or not it opens inwards or outwards :)

tis physics

Ah but If it SLIDES
    Facepalm

I blame you anyeway, the plank was your idea

Ah but If it SLIDES
    Facepalm

I blame you anyeway, the plank was your idea

Indeed the doors do slide open/closed. :) I was there to see it in person... theoretically. :D

Actually I did really see the doors as I filmed them. Only hypothetical in that I had to worry about zombies at the time. :p

I Reject your version of Reality and Substitute my Own :p

Anyway I've PM'd my scenarios to SUNGOD, So its mot my problem anymore

I Reject your version of Reality and Substitute my Own :p

Anyway I've PM'd my scenarios to SUNGOD, So its mot my problem anymore
    well then lets hoope to god we're not gonna chill out and have dinner thinkin we're safe :P

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    well then lets hoope to god we're not gonna chill out and have dinner thinkin we're safe :P

Isn't it still morning? We came down from the roof in the morning to the canteen, not a whole lot of time has passed, surely?

Someone mentioned in the story choice about getting a safe place before it gets dark, so I guess knowing what time of day it is could have an impact. I was making the assumption that there was loads of daylight left. I'm making a note to myself to put some "time of day" reference into my shift.

• Advertisement

I think you're right...it should still be morning. We've only come down from the roof, fought the two zeds, and got to the warehouse. I don't think enough time has gone by for it to be dinner time yet.

Maybe from here on out we should make sure and note either in the story, or just here, or both, what time of day it is, so there's no confusion.

Advertisement