Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Just got the outcomes this morning so will work on getting a post up w/in 24hrs! :rolleyes:

Sorry gang - beers 'n video editing got in the way of writing last night. :D Will have something up as soon as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

DakotaYoda - you just had to introduce those pesky kids :rolleyes::D

So are you sending on your outcomes to Mahatma?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Got the outcomes, I will have something up tomorrow, I'm trying to figure out a how to exit teh church without resorting to my first instinct which was to fire a shedload of grenades around the place and dispose of the kids :D:D

Yeah those darn kids!! :D

Great play on the kids mahatma. Bits had me laugin' sittin' at my desk this morning.

• Advertisement

I Really hope people pick option B

Mainly so we can lead off the next post with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

rushed my bit early this morning didnt have time to check it or the map to put addresses and inventory so forgive any mistakes or glaringly plot holes
    im away from net till thursday so next up can have a free role if not sure myself which options are best

Post Order
    1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    6. wavehopper1
    8. phill106

Smiley up next I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Think after this one, may be an idea to have a break for a week or 2, get some interest going again first?
    Lot of the regulars MIA for various reasons.

Just fine w/ me phil. Lots of peeps back to school or busy with other stuff. This is a busy time.

• Advertisement

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Damm you all,

My Astra is running at the moment, no guarantees that it will still function in 2 Weeks :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well - we'll see how long this one goes. :D Could take much longer if we manage to stay alive!! No promises though...

Hmmmm
    Who wants to bet which lives longer, the Story or My Astra

currrently, The Protaganist is Cornered by a Horde outside the Door & the Astra has developed a rather nasty knock in the Engine

Is Smiley supposed to be next? I'm after, so if Sungod sends me the choices I can pick this up.

SUNGOD wrote: »
    rushed my bit early this morning didnt have time to check it or the map to put addresses and inventory so forgive any mistakes or glaringly plot holes
    im away from net till thursday so next up can have a free role if not sure myself which options are best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hello, hello, can you tell me how I can go about joining in with the CYOA game?

I'm pretty new to Boards, and couldn't figure it out... but it looks like a lot of fun.

Is the post order just for chapter writers, or also for choices?
    Would I need to write part of the story?
    Is it better to lurk around until this story is over and then jump back in when we have another outbreak?

Thanks for your help

Thanks, Mahatma, I hadn't spotted that. I'll get cracking!

Kash wrote: »

I'm pretty new to Boards, and couldn't figure it out... but it looks like a lot of fun.

Is it better to lurk around until this story is over and then jump back in when we have another outbreak?

Thanks for your help

The post order is just for chapter writers, everybody is welcome to vote. The fact that you've posted here stating your interest probably means you're in! DakotaYoda adds people into the order, he'll see your post at some stage.

You just Did ;)
    that it is
    The Post order is for the Writers, so we can keep track of things, Everyone is welcome to vote
    Not at all, but if you want to write for it you are welcome to join in
    this is the main bit I wanted to address, would you Just Lurk during a real outbreak?? Hell no, you'd jump into action or Be eaten, this Forum is a training ground for those of us not wishing to be eaten;)
    Thanks for your help
    yer welcome :D:D

Thanks for your help

Greets Kash - I'll get you on the list as a writer, or if you'd prefer you can just read and vote for a bit. Let me know your preference and we'll get you involved. Always happy to have more people on board.

In short - everyone votes but not everyone writes so just figure out which works best for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone!

Let me read and vote for a bit first - once I get a feel for the thread, I'm happy to take a turn as puppetmaster. Sounds like a great excuse reason to rewatch a load of zombie flicks... it's research, right? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Thanks everyone!

Let me read and vote for a bit first - once I get a feel for the thread, I'm happy to take a turn as puppetmaster. Sounds like a great excuse reason to rewatch a load of zombie flicks... it's research, right? :)
    On the subject of research, download "we're alive" from itunes, tis free and class.

Welcome aboard!

On the subject of research, download "we're alive" from itunes, tis free and class.

Welcome aboard!

Downloading now - thanks Rick!

Does anyone else have the same bad habit as me?
    If someone else has voted before I do , I read their post and it affects how i vote!

I must stop!

Maybe it's the boards equivalent of keeping your finger on the choices page in the CYOA books :)

Sent my outcomes to Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Sorry people, when I'm back to college hopefully I'll be able to take a more active roll in the stories, summer is just been all weird!

Looks like phil is up next - if theres an issue let someone know. Sorry gang - had my head in preps for a Christmas Lounge band and a bunch of video stuff, happily, much of which is zombie-related. :D

halfway done, will post it tonight.
    Sorry for the delay, been playing too much with my new touchpad :)

• Advertisement

So who is next these days?

Advertisement