Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

has our nameless faceless Hero finaly gotten a Moniker????

I like Sandman, even if its only an 'In Joke' between you and eva

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Sandman is cool!
    I thought there were more weapons, we need another inventory.

I agree,there are other weapons in the compound, I was just listing what was on the person of Eva and Sandman, which is particularly relevant if they were to walk straight out immediately. Who knows, Apollo may be rummaging through the storeroom as we speak!

On an aside - regarding the weapons you quoted in the story thread, Mahatma...do we know if the box of 9mm ammo would fit Apollo's pistols, I couldn't make out from google if bullets are specific to particular handguns. And does the reference to 48 rounds for the ".303" refer to the "pump action shotgun" or the "Winchester Lever-action 30/30" (I mean which of these weapons is the ".303")?

Apollos pistols are 9mm, so yeah the ammo will fit them, also the .303 is neither the Winchester or the Shotgun, its teh slightly rusty WW1 rifle
    lee_enfield.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Apollos pistols are 9mm, so yeah the ammo will fit them, also the .303 is neither the Winchester or the Shotgun, its teh slightly rusty WW1 rifle
    lee_enfield.jpg

That Rifle could be very handy. The 303 is a great rifle, accurate and reliable. You still hear the old lads in the RDF reminiscing about it.

I sent my choices to DeiseGoDeo who has already voted.

I'm finding it artificially tricky to write when our hero is among a group of people. The problem is that the writer needs to end in a conflict, and its easier to have that conflict coming from another person than think up a new zee situation. Hence the continuing power struggles! Because of this I was going to start my episode with Sandman persuading Eva to take off and strike out on their own. It was purely down to some discussion on this thread in the last couple of days on how the group might pan out that I decided not to be so drastic but to leave it up to later writers. Good luck with that, ha ha :D

• Advertisement

That Rifle could be very handy. The 303 is a great rifle, accurate and reliable. You still hear the old lads in the FCA reminiscing about it.
    FYP;)

Yeah the Lee Enfield is a gorgeous weapon, Packs a fair bit of stopping power, If I was writing next I'd check its serviceability and take it over the 3 Shot Remington

FYP;)

Yeah the Lee Enfield is a gorgeous weapon, Packs a fair bit of stopping power, If I was writing next I'd check its serviceability and take it over the 3 Shot Remington

We're the RDF now lad.;)

Just so we can see what we are dealing with, this is the Winchester 30/30 Rifle

M94.JPG

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    My question - if those things chasing the Raiders back to the school weren't exactly zombies - then what were they? I'd have someone investigate the bodies.

Its not that they were not Zombies, they are the same as the ones seen earlier, its just that he is not comfortable calling them Zombies. Its just a bit of disbelief that there could be such things as Zombies.

Maybe I dident make that very clear.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Its not that they were not Zombies, they are the same as the ones seen earlier, its just that he is not comfortable calling them Zombies. Its just a bit of disbelief that there could be such things as Zombies.

Maybe I dident make that very clear.:o

Gotcha deise - thx for the clarification and no worries. Early AM here and I've not had much coffee yet. :D

• Advertisement

I suppose I should also mention that there is a fourth option for dealing with Dolnezes crew.

If it is decided to stay in the school, Dolnezes faithful could be expelled. Could even say he sent a message back for his followers to meet him somewhere.
    Just something for the next writer to consider.:)

I suppose I should also mention that there is a fourth option for dealing with Dolnezes crew.

If it is decided to stay in the school, Dolnezes faithful could be expelled. Could even say he sent a message back for his followers to meet him somewhere.
    Just something for the next writer to consider.:)

He may still be out there someplace tho - and if he finds them you can bet they'll come back to visit. Ohh.... plot seed? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Is the current active story dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

If phill106 can't do the current chapter pass the options on to me I'm up next.

We'll give phil another day otherwise Goodoak can take the next post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sorry ill pass onto goodoak, sending stuff now. felt and looked like a zombie the last week myself

Got your pm phill106, I'll post something up by tomorrow evening. That is I'll post something up unless I'm fighting off the hoard that Phil created by spreading his vile infection :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Goodoak wrote: »
    Got your pm phill106, I'll post something up by tomorrow evening. That is I'll post something up unless I'm fighting off the hoard that Phil created by spreading his vile infection :eek:

I was so bad, the doctor took pics for her class....SHE TOOK PICS!

I had hand foot and mouth disease!

Pops open beer sits back to watch carnage.:cool:

Goodoak wrote: »
    Pops open beer sits back to watch carnage.:cool:

Fight the living, fight the undead or run like the clappers. I like it :D

• Advertisement

Fight the living, fight the undead or run like the clappers. I like it :D

Thanks wavehopper1 I felt a little pressed for time so the piece is not as long as I as I would have liked.

I did try to put some clues into the story as to what the right caurse of action should be.

Hey all - will be Tuesday before I get my post up. Just an FYI...

Sorry gang - not my usual kind of post but that was all I had time for this week. New job/position is eating up waaaaay too much of my free/zombie time!

I didn't want to pass on posting however...

Hey Mahatma - what time are we at the end of your piece - about midday?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Just a heads up, I may need to sit this round out, depending on how soon it gets to me...I've got a lot on coming up and doubt I'll have the mind for it. If this wind sup being the case, I'll be sure and speak up so no one has to wait on me.

Hey Mahatma - what time are we at the end of your piece - about midday?
    Nah, I figure that its only a few minutes since the SHTF so its still earlyish 7-8 AM

Just a reminder on post order:

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak

Yet again folks everyone seems to want to take th 'Safe' option, I'd jut liketo remind you that there are nio SAFE options in aq Zompacylypse, only degrees of danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Yet again folks everyone seems to want to take th 'Safe' option, I'd jut liketo remind you that there are nio SAFE options in aq Zompacylypse, only degrees of danger.

Thats the survival instinct for you

• Advertisement

Right, before people complain about the outcome of this round, which will be inevitable once ye realise what the outcome is, I'd just like to say.

When I write a scenario I will always Punish those who take the percieved 'Safe' option, in reality all 3 scenarios lead to venturing into the unknown, anyone who sacrifices Speed for the illusion of safety deserves it when they get eaten Slowly;)

Advertisement