Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Well seeing as you've based it on a Generic American Soldier I might recomend one piece of essential european Kit oft lacking from your nations Military forces

A Modicum of Inteligence :D:D:D
    Does that mean we cant use classic lines like "BRING THE RAIN! WHOOHAAA!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah, I think the nationality bashing can desist.

I may be a Yank but that doesn't mean our character is. He's simply carrying a representative combat load.

I've no specific love for soldiers but I generally respect what they do. I'd guess most soldiers worldwide are roughly the same really, so where they are from is a non-issue. No reason to dwell. It's not their fault the decision makers lack common sense and decency. Move along...

Anything pertaining to the CYOA stuff?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah, fair enough, I'll leave off the Yank bashin (for a bit ;))

is this a Time Critical extraction or is the extraction team geared up to go on your signal??

how does this radio communication system work?
    is it they send - you hear only/you send only - they hear, if its the latter can you call in Artilary/Airstrikes

have there been many previous Military incursions, if so what happened to them? Z's or Disgruntled survivors?

I presume the big black line on the map is the Boundary

Yeah, fair enough, I'll leave off the Yank bashin (for a bit ;))

is this a Time Critical extraction or is the extraction team geared up to go on your signal??

how does this radio communication system work?
    is it they send - you hear only/you send only - they hear, if its the latter can you call in Artilary/Airstrikes

have there been many previous Military incursions, if so what happened to them? Z's or Disgruntled survivors?

I presume the big black line on the map is the Boundary

1. Non-time critical to start. Extraction team on standby as soon as you ar inserted.
    2. Radio is send ONLY and can only be used for extraction. No other support available. May not be realistic but... well we're talkin' bout zombies here right? :D
    3. No organized military insertions have been made yet. All resources were spent to erect the wall and contain the infection.
    4. Yup - big black line is the wall

whats the purple dotted line???

• Advertisement

whats the purple dotted line???

Ahhh.... thought that was in the map key/legend but I see its not. That line is a paved walking/bike trail. It existed on the map so I just left it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

any intel on whether the infected are nocturnal?
    safer to move during day/night?

any intel on whether the infected are nocturnal?
    safer to move during day/night?

Unknown for certain but the remaining survivors are most certainly more active during the daylight hours and they may have more accurate intel since they are on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

dakota cn you explain the option in your post for "posters to post here"
    is it just to keep a record of the story and who can access it?
    i posted my CYOA story ,time of day, inventory etc in this and also on the main page , was i right to do this?

SUNGOD wrote: »
    dakota cn you explain the option in your post for "posters to post here"
    is it just to keep a record of the story and who can access it?
    i posted my CYOA story ,time of day, inventory etc in this and also on the main page , was i right to do this?

Yup, yup - the form is just a front end to what is pretty much a spreadsheet in google docs. As I mentioned previously, I will give anyone access to it that wants it. I believe the only caveat is that you need a gmail account to access it. Once you have that just PM me your address and I will get it shared to you ASAP.

And yeah - submitting into the form was the right thing to do. It doesn't post it to the boards.ie or anything. Just keeps it in a spreadsheet for easier reference rather than flipping back through all the pages of previous posts.

Let me know if my pre-coffee rambling doesn't make any sense. :)

• Advertisement

are we still playing?????

yeah we are, i sent options to smileypaul but weekends can be slow i wouldnt expect anything till monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

yo! I'm really sorry I wasn't able to bang it out at the weekend, I had written the whole thing up and then ran out of the house and automaticvally just shut down the computer without posting it :(

sheeeet

I'm gonna try again tomorrow evening, could be late enough but it will be written

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Apologies for the lack of stories :( I'm gonna have to sit this out I've gotta prepare for london on friday and I have had work all week so not much spare time flying about at all :S

I hope it all goes well I'll send the options and a few of my suggestions onto the next person :)

No problem Smiley. It happens - chasethislight would be up next. Will check with her and see.

Ok - chasethislight is out of the rotation currently so wavehopper1 would be up next.

SUNGOD - can you pm your outcomes to wavehopper please?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Wavehopper reporting for duty!

Once I get the outcomes from Sungod, I'll get cracking...

Wavehopper reporting for duty!

Once I get the outcomes from Sungod, I'll get cracking...

Groovy. Thanks wavehopper!!

Sorry I've not been on this better. Not been on the boards lately - bunch of other stuff going on. Will try and keep tabs on things a bit more.

Got the choices. There's a tie between two, so I use my vote as the decider.

As Deise has voted, and he writes after me - I've sent my outcomes to him.

• Advertisement

hello everyone can this story please HTFU as im getting withdrawl symptoms
    i just need to live or be eaten*

*live or be eaten..sounds like a noble mantra to me

no pressure deise:D

Yup - be time to move the story along. I keep forgetting about this... and thats not a good thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think it all went pear shaped during my choose your own death idea, for that I apologise, everyone come back and post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Dakota, cam you knock my name off the writers list?, I am back home from Uni for the summer and only have a dial up connection:(

Still Cant write, Bron Orm:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Think i am up next then? If you can get it to me by lunch, I will try and do it then.

No problem deise. We'll move on to phil - post up whenever you get things in order phil!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

Hi guys I'm in the middle of moving house at the mo so don't think I'll be wtiting my piece. please skip to next up.

No problem Goodoak - I believe that would make peatcass up next, if not then I'll take the new slot. Let us know when ya can peaty...

Post Order
    1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak
    10. peatcass

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    No problem Goodoak - I believe that would make peatcass up next, if not then I'll take the new slot. Let us know when ya can peaty...

Post Order
    1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak
    10. peatcass/Rick Deckard

anyone else to add to the list??

• Advertisement

anyone else to add to the list??

Thx mahatma - I knew I missed updating something, peat/Deckard. I'll take the next slot so send on over the outcomes phil!

Advertisement