Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

OMG

dakota thats fantastic

this could end up like lord of the rings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

SUNGOD wrote: »
    OMG

dakota thats fantastic

this could end up like lord of the rings:D

Thanks SUNGOD.

As anyone can tell w/ a bit of looking - this is simply a map of Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA w/ a Harbor and water added to the south end and some other odds and ends added in. I wasn't sure what else to do so I went with what I know, since I live there - and no my house is NOT in the walled in area. :D

But - feedback please. Is it too much? Too big? Too small? Too little detail?

I've got the story ready to go - just need to make sure we are ok w/ the map, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Thanks SUNGOD.

As anyone can tell w/ a bit of looking - this is simply a map of Sioux Falls, South Dakota USA w/ a Harbor and water added to the south end and some other odds and ends added in. I wasn't sure what else to do so I went with what I know, since I live there - and no my house is NOT in the walled in area. :D

But - feedback please. Is it too much? Too big? Too small? Too little detail?

I've got the story ready to go - just need to make sure we are ok w/ the map, etc.

I think it's awesome. Wow.

The detail is good - we can see where important resource buildings are, where possible means of escape are (the harbor and the airport, if one could steer a boat or fly a plane). I definitely think this will help aid in the story.

Good job, Dakota - and thanks for putting the effort into it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

Crikey! That's amazing. I'll have to print it out at work.

One question, Dakota - no need to amend the map, but would there be islands within e.g. swimming distance of the harbour?

Crikey! That's amazing. I'll have to print it out at work.

One question, Dakota - no need to amend the map, but would there be islands within e.g. swimming distance of the harbour?

Good point wavehopper - IF you are able to make it over the containment wall I'd think there would be small islands. I'll also color up the map a bit more for the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sent the choices few days ago to goodoak, havent heard back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak
    10. peatcass

Skip to peaty?

EDIT: I just jizzed a little when I saw the detail in the map :P

thats fantasic man!

I've started thinking that if enough people join the "know your survivalist" thread we can use them in the stories around the town even if it's just in passing and stuff

phill106 wrote: »
    sent the choices few days ago to goodoak, havent heard back yet

Didn't Goodoak choose death and is now a zed in the story? If so, does that take him out of the rotation? Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought if you died, you didn't write.

Didn't Goodoak choose death and is now a zed in the story? If so, does that take him out of the rotation? Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought if you died, you didn't write.
    I didn;t think that was how it rolled :S

but that does make sense! lets do that! peaty!!!!!!!!! write me something fun :)

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I didn;t think that was how it rolled :S

but that does make sense! lets do that! peaty!!!!!!!!! write me something fun :)

I don't know where I came up with that then...I'll blame the fact that it's early where I am, so I must not be thinking clearly...but at least you like it. :)

• Advertisement

I also have things ready to go for the Big Map plan so when you guys are ready I'll post up the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

no choices received yet.

no choices received yet.
    youre not peaty! :P

youre not peaty! :P

Had to take a dive, work peeps wise to my actions.. Tis me lads.

Had to take a dive, work peeps wise to my actions.. Tis me lads.

Or maybe he's one of...them...:eek:

Ah go on then. I believe you!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

Just wanted to say sorry about the lateness and shortness of my post. been up to my ears in stuff of late. but I hope my post can catch one or two of you out :p

Goodoak wrote: »
    Just wanted to say sorry about the lateness and shortness of my post. been up to my ears in stuff of late. but I hope my post can catch one or two of you out :p

Pm when your set lad, i'll have ye begging for death!

You've probably got the perfect length for the quick-fire adventure, unfortunately I can't do brevity...

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

Pm when your set lad, i'll have ye begging for death!
    Wasn't sure who the hell you were for a little while there:confused: had to read back over all the last few posts:rolleyes:

Wasn't sure who the hell you were for a little while there:confused: had to read back over all the last few posts:rolleyes:
    a lad from work, in front of my manager says, "jaysus, your always on that boards, is it any good?"

so RIP peatcass*.

*At least the shufflers never got to him..

• Advertisement

Tumbleweed.jpg

so whos next up for writing#? :P

so whos next up for writing#? :P
    I sent the options to Mahatma.

give him til tomorrow and then send the optios to the next person, least coat is already a Z and cant change choice XD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I'm gonna have to pass as well, very intermittent service on the Broadband coupled with fresh problems in the Astra engine mean that I have no time to write, anyway tis probably for the better cnsidering my penchant for killin the protaganist in these stories

I'm gonna have to pass as well, very intermittent service on the Broadband coupled with fresh problems in the Astra engine mean that I have no time to write, anyway tis probably for the better cnsidering my penchant for killin the protaganist in these stories
    I'll pm the choices to Sungod so.
    Good luck with the astra, I've a '01 focus for sale.
    You dont want to be without transport when z-day comes:D

Just wondering, where are we being dropped off? I'm guessing it's meant to be a 24 36 or 48 hour operation and where's the collection point?

or is this to be decided by the next author?

I Presumed we'd just be booted out of a plane at 10 tohusand feet and hope that we land somewwhere reasonably near the target on a nearby roof, but knowin our luck we'll end up at the Reserve Guard barracks :(

Good questions. I'm trying to leave it open ended to let writers decide the time frame. You'll have limited ammo and other supplies, aside from what else you can scrounge up.

To start you'll be deposited at the Ashley Campbell Memorial Airport. :D
    The collection point will also be the airport, unless someone figures out another way out.

EDIT: Also - any suggestions for alternate gear for our soldier? This is simply the standard combat load for an American platoon rifle squad leader. It seemed generic enough.

• Advertisement

Well seeing as you've based it on a Generic American Soldier I might recomend one piece of essential european Kit oft lacking from your nations Military forces

A Modicum of Inteligence :D:D:D

Advertisement