Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Drove up yesterday from kk and was delighted i made the journy, got a sofa bed and a mattress. Herself fell in love with a memory foam mattress, he didnt have the size we wanted but was straight on the phone and ordered it in. Nice sofa bed too, half the price i would have paid down here.
    Your location has been declassified.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

Gulliver wrote: »
    Be careful about slandering people too. If you even bothered to go to his store, you'd find out that he makes no claim to be an "official stockist" of anything. One of his previous ads on donedeal also mentioned "transport marked" mattresses. The product is new, but might just have gotten marked during shipping. That's why they are cheap.

As for time in portlaoise. I'll bet you wouldn't say that to someone's face.

Very well said sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VEGAS NIGHTS

Hi,

I'm a regular poster in the Poker Forum.

I made the trip from Dublin to Longford in search of a good bed. The drive took an hour and a half from Red Cow Roundabout. I was welcomed in by Mickey and his staff and handed a much wanted mug of tea. A lovely bunch of people and top quality stuff for really good prices.

Mickey was very honest with me and pointed out any thing that may have been relevant to me such as a blemish or something. He was friendly and efficient.

I bought a top end bed and mattress, Duvet & Cover, Pillows & Pillow Cases.

I'm absolutely delighted with it all and I feel that I got a great bargain.

One thing to note if you are coming in to Longford from the Dublin Road...
    I recieved directions from a friend who told me to continue into Longford town and dirve straight down through the town and keep going out the far side. I followed this and yes, it did get me there but trafic was heavy and slow moving through the town.

It is not nessessary to drive through the town...
    Just before Longford you come to a roundabout with a sign pointing left saying "Longford 2Km". Don't turn left here! this will bring you into the town. You can by-pass the town by going straight through the roundabout following the sign to "Sligo". Then when you come to a large roundabout with a garage and a McDonalds turn left. The shop is about a mile out that road on your right.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,

Have been in the market for a new king mattress this past 3 months.
    Rang bigmickey 2 weeks ago & he emailed me a few pics.

Finally drove down sat morning,picked out a king size mattress,wasnt fussy about the base.

Bought a memory foam mattress €499 & base for €100.
    Bed was delivered sat evening!! & he even took away old mattress & base.

Bed is fantastic,love it,had an excellent sleep.

I had looked around in a few shops/online before purchasing & this worked out at great value.

Bigmickey couldnt have been more helpful.
    Great customer service & terrific value.

BR
    Happy customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

I don't normally post much, but I tend to read a lot on boards, which is where I first came across the name Big Mick.

Last week I saw that he had a genuine Laz-y-Boy suite in stock (2 x reclining 3-seaters) at a price of €1,500.

Since a single Laz-y-Boy reclining chair retails at about €800, this was definitely worth a look. I paid a deposit on the spot, it was delivered today (free) and I am now sitting in luxury.

Thanks to Boards for this thread, and to Mick for the deal....incredible value for pristine, new, quality furniture by one of the best brands around. I will certainly be watching Mick's for any other furniture I need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

Went down to Micks last tuesday for a mattress. I had a €300 budget and wasnt expecting too much. Bought a 'rest assured 1000 pocket sprung mattress for €300 (bargain!!). Mick said he could drop it back to Kildare that evening!!(no charge!). Very happy with the deal.

Got home and Mick called me to say the mattress I bought had some damage on the under side that neither of us had spotted. He explained that he would not sell it to me in that condition and I could have a full refund or I could have a 'rest assured 1400 pocket sprung' for no extra cost! The 1400 is the next level up and costs over €1000 in the shops! I said I'd take it!!
    Was delivered first thing the next morning. I am extreamly happy with the deal I got, the mattress is far superier than any I have ever slept on before. I would higly reccommend dealing with Mick before any high street store.
    Can you imagine if the same thing happened with a mattress bought from the high street?! It would have been delivered damaged, you would have to chase them to come out and pick it up and then probably have to wait 2 weeks for a replacment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mimmi

Mick delivered my Harrison sprung bed base which I asked him to get me a few months ago to go with the Harrison mattress I bought. I showed him a picture of the colour I wanted and he said 'leave it with me' - as usual he came up trumps !

Another happy customer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 negative equity

Hi All, have been following the tread on value beds for a while now. big Mickys seems to get the best reviews regarding chioce and value, so I will defo take a trip down there, am going to try a place in dun laoghaire first though as I see that they are having a half price sale next week, I rang them and they said it is a genuine offer as they are clearing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Whats the name of the place in dun laoghaire?

ok just posted about this same shop on another tread and realised i did not post their details , if you are interested they are based in dun laoghaire at 77 upper georges street.

• Advertisement

name of store is lafayette77 contact details are on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Half price beds and mattresses in Argos til 14th June

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭chelbi

Hi Karen, I checked out Argos too but I got 2 Rest Assured mattresses of Big Mickey's in Longford. The same as the mattress in Argos, Big Mickey was exactly half the price of Argos sale price. In other words, he was quarter the price of the recommended price. No waiting around either like argos. He had them in stock. Big Mickey delivered the same day. Very happy customer here :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi,

One thing to note if you are coming in to Longford from the Dublin Road...
    I recieved directions from a friend who told me to continue into Longford town and dirve straight down through the town and keep going out the far side. I followed this and yes, it did get me there but trafic was heavy and slow moving through the town.

It is not nessessary to drive through the town...
    Just before Longford you come to a roundabout with a sign pointing left saying "Longford 2Km". Don't turn left here! this will bring you into the town. You can by-pass the town by going straight through the roundabout following the sign to "Sligo". Then when you come to a large roundabout with a garage and a McDonalds turn left. The shop is about a mile out that road on your right.

Nick

Hi took a spin down to Micks yesterday for two matresses. Got a great deal on two rest assured at less than half the price in Argos. Great guy to deal with and even supplied tea/coffee and biscuits. Matresses were delivered today and took the old one away. Will be back down when we get around to changing the sittingroom suite.

Regarding the directions above. DO NOT TURN LEFT AT MC DONALDS.
    This will bring you into the town ..... learned the hard way. When you come to the roundabout at Mc Donalds just continue on through it and out the main road. You will see Micks on the right hand side about a mile out.

Once again a top guy to deal with and cannot praise his customer service enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vr123

Mick delivered a kingsize mattress and a double mattress to me yesterday. Like the other womans story the 1000 sprung double had damage so he replaced it with a 1400 before he delivered. Best service I've had from the retailing trade for a very long time would highly recommend doing business with Mick (stylish Interiors).

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Was looking for a new bed and a few matresses so after reading this thread decided to give Mickey a visit.
    Could not be happier. Spent an hour there and got all we wanted and more. The quality of stock is unbelievable, and the prices even more so.
    No hard sell. Mickey is sound as a bell. Will be recommending him to everyone and anyone - great to see a well run business with genuine value for money..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Gulliver

A lot of people got tea and biscuits from Mickey. Feeling a little hard done by now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

vr123 wrote: »
    Mick delivered a kingsize mattress and a double mattress to me yesterday. Like the other womans story the 1000 sprung double had damage so he replaced it with a 1400 before he delivered. Best service I've had from the retailing trade for a very long time would highly recommend doing business with Mick (stylish Interiors).

can i ask what you paid for the 1400 kingsize - looking to replace a kingsize matress myself.

tks

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BredaAnn

Another happy customer who received great service and prompt delivery to Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

vr123 wrote: »
    Like the other womans story the 1000 sprung double had damage so he replaced it with a 1400.

Im not a woman..:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

stek wrote: »
    Im not a woman..:confused:

you sure?

I blame Zimovane for my madness.

was talking with Mick there now - as we are looking for the best deal we can on a kingsize mattress - he's a nice chap, just waiting on photos and details to be mailed to me and prob do a deal.

thanks guys

neonitrix

well deal done - what a nice chap got us a Rest Assured 2400 sanctuary Cosmos Pillow Top Kingsize Mattress for a very good price. To be delivered next week when he is in area - will update everyone on quality etc when i get it.

wish other retailers would offer a bit of banter on the phone, i asked him for a job sadly he thought it was a joke lol, good job i suppose Longford is a long commute each day.

thanks guys

neonitrix

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Considering the weight of opinion in favour of Big Mickey and his service, I feel I must be almost alone in my disappointment. I've tried on 4 occasions to get info from him about mattresses. I've been promised a phone call once and an email twice and all have failed to materialise. I know I'm not trying to spent a fortune but still its disappointing, especially seeing how people have been getting calls weeks later to see if they're happy with their purchases. I'm a 6 hour round trip and E70 worth of petrol away from him, so am willing to buy sight unseen if I can just know what I'm buying in advance.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Considering the weight of opinion in favour of Big Mickey and his service, I feel I must be almost alone in my disappointment. I've tried on 4 occasions to get info from him about mattresses. I've been promised a phone call once and an email twice and all have failed to materialise. I know I'm not trying to spent a fortune but still its disappointing, especially seeing how people have been getting calls weeks later to see if they're happy with their purchases. I'm a 6 hour round trip and E70 worth of petrol away from him, so am willing to buy sight unseen if I can just know what I'm buying in advance.

Maybe I spoke too soon - got texts from Mick this morning, apologising for the delay in coming back to me. Followed up with a call and an e-mail, came up with an offer that I'm really tempted by - sounds like a couple of really good mattresses. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

got my delivery from Mick today, a Kingsize Rest Assured Sanctuary 2400 Spring Cosmos Mattress 2400 springs and 3 x 48 Andrex Toilet Rolls, and he didnt have any problem taking our old mattress.

happy out with the deal. would def do business with him again. hoping for a good nights sleep.

ps. i am going to build a castle out of andrex toilet roll

neonitrix

neonitrix wrote: »
    got my delivery from Mick today, a Kingsize Rest Assured Sanctuary 2400 Spring Cosmos Mattress 2400 springs and 3 x 48 Andrex Toilet Rolls, and he didnt have any problem taking our old mattress.

happy out with the deal. would def do business with him again. hoping for a good nights sleep.

ps. i am going to build a castle out of andrex toilet roll

neonitrix

Wake up yet?

Yup all well rested genuinely the best purchase so far this year and andrex castle has been redesigned into a stronghold fort as i ran out of supplies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

Was down there today with a friend we both bought kingsize beds which are rest assured pocket sprung 1000. would recommend big mickey, we are both delighted with the deals we got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement