Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deal on beds/mattresses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Finally got down to Mickey last Saturday. Got a fantastic deal on a Harrison 5000 pocket sprung mattress. Mickey was so helpful and took time to go through loads of mattress with me, he even took my old one away too. I've been crippled with back pain for ages now and I have to say even after a few days sleeping on it I can feel the benefit already. Took my mother down too and she loved the place ,also bought a Sealy mattress for a great price. Couldn't recommend Mickey high enough. Thanks for the tea and biscuits and the pillow its the business as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Beezkneez!

Just wanted to add that I ordered two beds from Mick - just emailed him and told him what i needed, he sent me pics and then arranged delivery yesterday. Very efficient and I didnt have to do anything really so I was very pleased - great service and I'm delighted with purchases.
    I shopped around and Mick was definitly the best value I could find anywhere so I am am very impressed and will use and recommend Mick from now on.

I have no affiliation with Mick at all - just found out about him on boards. Thanks Boards and Thanks Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Called in on spec on the way home from Dublin airport, well worth the detour to Longford, ended up getting getting a mattress and frame for a great price and a funky study desk (hand made piece from the uk which he sold to us at £1/€1 rate), got a few more pieces including bedding for the new super king size bed. Free delivery which arrived the next working day and they assembled the bed. Big Mickey is a gent, highly recommended and will definitely return.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

I took a trip from Dublin to Bigmickey/Stylish Interiors today. Got a really good quality Sealy Mirrorform mattress for 499 and 4 royal eden microfibre pillows for 6 euro each. Mick delivered it tonight less than 8 hours after I left the shop!!

This is my second time dealing with him and yet again Im extremely happy with my purchase. After doing a self build on a house Ive dealt with my fair share of salespeople and contractors etc and I say without hesitation the service from Mick is absolutely second to none. Great value too. Any fellow boardsies looking for a bargain on beds/mattresses I recommend you contact him before making a final purchase - there are bargains to be had guys!! very helpful guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Does he have natural latex rubber mattresses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

Hi Hal
    I didnt see any but you could give him a ring and see if he can get one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hi ya

went down to mick on saturday afternoon ,1 hour 35 mins from blanc picked up 2 single mattress for the kids and a bargain double for me and the wife ,got them deliverd that evening at 7:00 spent over 2 hours in the store going through different types of mattress .would have no hesitation recommending to family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Does he sell furniture as well or is it just bedstuffs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mimmi

Mick sells sofas, books shelves, dining tables and chairs. Just tell him what you are looking for and he'll tell you if he can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

I am sitting waiting on delivery from Mick, it was a bit of a risk but based on the reviews here I decided to go for it. I really hope this bed lives up to the hype!
    Will post back when it arrives.
    So far the service has been great, plenty of contact, very helpful etc.
    Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Moppho

I Made a phone call yesterday morning to big mickey about a new mattress for my son, I received a photo via e-mail within a couple of hours, I was happy enough with the price and decided to go ahead with the order, it was delivered today............. A little over 24 hours Later!!!!!, You wont get service like that from any of the bigger suppliers, and I also received a phone call after delivery to make sure everything was OK!, definitely will deal with big mickey in the future. highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

mimmi wrote: »
    Mick sells sofas, books shelves, dining tables and chairs. Just tell him what you are looking for and he'll tell you if he can get it.

Has anyone purchased sofas from the main warehouse? Big selection, good quality?

Just wondering if its worth the trip at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mimmi

I was down a few months ago. I would say he didn't a huge selection, but then he gets in stock a various times. I think it depends on your criteria too. For my lounge I would be quite fussy - have certain colour and style in mind, but you may be more flexible. Send him a message tell him what you are looking for - he'll send you pictures - that'll save you a drive on spec. I am after a sofabed for a study, he told me yesterday that he had some new ones just in and he'll send me some pictures - I'm hopeful that he may have something that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭navannoel

Thanks Mick,
    For a great deal on the following;
    Superking bed and mira matress and stuart Jones Leather headboard and bedroom chair,and all the bed linen.

Folks well worth a trip to Longford:)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

In follow up to my last post, I am absolutely deeelighted with my new bed. I got a solid oak super king bed (6ft wide), with a 12" Silent Night Miracoil mattress for 900 euro, delivered for free and they even took away my old bed, bloody brilliant deal. The only bed that's ever come close was when we got upgraded to a suite in the G hotel last year on a weekend away :D.
    It's pure luxury, can't believe it's at home in my house.
    I know there's a lot of people querying the legitimacy of these deals but anyone is welcome to pm me or even, feck it, come and see the bed!
    I have a lot of furniture to buy as we are building a house at the moment, and longford will be my first stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

Hi all, just want to add my two cents about big mickey - i have been on boards for many years but my account was deactivated also, having said that i am more of a lurker than a poster :D.

Me and my oh have been loosely discussing the idea of getting a new mattress for the last while, as we had bought a mattress topper and thought it was great but this was only a short term solution. So on friday was in here having a look around and saw this thread, mentioned it to the oh on sat morning about big mickey and we decided to take the trip from lucan.

We got there and nothing was a problem for mick, he showed us many different mattresses, and let us wander around and have a think about things. In the end we came out with a harrison pocket sprung mattress and a goose feather duvet for next to nothing. We left the shop at around 3 / 3.30pm, got a call at 10 past 6 that evening and he arrived at 7.20, brought the mattress up the stairs, wanted to give him a cup of tea but we had to rush off unfortunately. Such a great man and a pleasure to deal with. Went shopping yesterday for my bed to dress it up! I actually could not sleep last night with the excitement of just being in the bed! I just cant believe my luck, im just sorry that i dont have a week off to spend in my bed. aaaaaaaaah!

will deffo be back to him in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I dont even need to change my bed but now i want to!!

What an amazing thread. I know there's too many well established or older accounts on here for it to be completly unfounded praise for the man. Have to say though, im skeptical by nature.

Maybe in the Winter i'll drop down to see what all the fuss is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

What does he charge for delivery (roughly).?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

dobsdave

I got free delivery of my mattress from Big Mickey. I think if they are already going your way, its free. There may be a charge if they have to go specially to you but if you are not in a hurry I think its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭randombar

Got my bed today, happy out, unbelievable prices and great to deal with 5 stars mickey!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I am in need of a new super king mattress. I cant make it out to Longford so could anyone recommend a firm, pocket sprung, with no topper so I can flip the mattress?

I have been talking to Mick but he is reluctant to sell me a mattress without trying it out first, which is fairplay! But the wife just gave birth to twins so there is no way I can make it out at the moment and we need a new firm mattress to help her recovery!!!

Any help appreciated, would have a budget of €500 but can go a bit higher for the best mattress.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a company on the Northside who supply decent/high end mattresses at decent prices???

Thanks,

Branners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Having followed this thread for a while and recently purchased a new house i decided to take a trip down to Longford on Saturday.

Mick was very busy but told us to have a good look around and he would be free shortly.I had intended on buying two double beds but ended up buying 2 doubles and one kingsize and 3 amazing mattresses.

Mick was with us shortly and gave us his full attention,,showing us all types of mattresses and extra bedframes he could get for us.

This man loves his mattresses and is passionate about what he sells.

He even jumped on covered mattress and the quality was shockingly good.

I bought 2 double mattresses of good quality and an amazing 1000 pocketsprung ortho mattress .

Today he had his 2 men come and put the beds together and as i had access to the house just for an hour today they came out of there way to do it at a certain time.

The service was second to none and he rang back this evening to see was i happy.

This was in the stark contrast to the walk around cost plus sofa on sunday where the sales people seemed more interested in there americanos they were drinking than there customer or product.

If your not into Shiny showrooms and you want high quality mattresses at low prices take a trip down to bigmickeys.

Thanks again mickey and il be back for a 4th bed in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

branners69 wrote: »
    I am in need of a new super king mattress. I cant make it out to Longford so could anyone recommend a firm, pocket sprung, with no topper so I can flip the mattress?

I have been talking to Mick but he is reluctant to sell me a mattress without trying it out first, which is fairplay! But the wife just gave birth to twins so there is no way I can make it out at the moment and we need a new firm mattress to help her recovery!!!

Any help appreciated, would have a budget of €500 but can go a bit higher for the best mattress.

Alternatively, does anyone know of a company on the Northside who supply decent/high end mattresses at decent prices???

Thanks,

Branners

You can go to your local shops and then when you get a bed you like call Mick and price that one with him..You dont have to try the mattress in his shop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Stand aside Chuck Norris there is a new hero in town, Mick!

Mick really could not have done more to help us and give us a great deal on what looks like a superb mattress!

Thanks again Mick and next time I will definitely be making the trip to Longford!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 wildwolf1

branners69 wrote: »

Hi Branners - I got a double of the Rest Assured 1000 Pocket Ortho and it's heaven! Maybe he does that in King Size too. Mick was hesitant about bringing me a bed when I hadn't tried it first, but I'm tellin' ya anyone tries to take this bed off me would be in serious trouble! It's firm but soft - you don't sink into it, but feel like you're floating on it. Best of luck with your search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nawaz12

Bought a Harrison mattress from Mick last Saturday together with Stuart Jones headboard. Mick delivered for free during the week. Great Bed, Great Service, Great Prices from a Great Man.Thanks & Keep it up Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 columt

Another sound sleeper here, on my new Harrison mattress - great value and outstanding service from Mick. Highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭seabre

Hi All

www.libscribs.ie
    www.libscribs.ie
    I am a huge fan of this co and have recommended them on many an occasion. I got my daughter a set of Bunk Beds from them and I really couldn't believe the quality of what I got for my money.

Im quite thrifty so I spent A LOT of time trawling the net and kids stores for different types of beds etc and I have to say I have not come across a sturdier bed anywhere - it doesn't creak or shake and all her friends parents were bowled over when they saw it. I got to pick the colour what features I wanted and they made it clear I could choose any features I wanted. Oh and they also delivered & assembled the bed for me.

Think its only right to pass the word on when you rec good service which is a rarity in these days! Oh and their IRISH!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SatelliteKen

Hi all, got a Sealy superking mattress from big mick the other day. I did alot of searching and I couldn't beat his prices even in the UK and he also delivered free. Great man, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Drove up yesterday from kk and was delighted i made the journy, got a sofa bed and a mattress. Herself fell in love with a memory foam mattress, he didnt have the size we wanted but was straight on the phone and ordered it in. Nice sofa bed too, half the price i would have paid down here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement