Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

to create a fair and even race next time a nascar race might need to be put onto the table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Yeah, those rules seem fair to me. Where was the short cut? Was it the chicane before the last turn? Even if I used it I still would have been shíte. Definitely going to get some practice in for next weeks race.
    What's the story with knocking people off? Some people seemed to get píssed off about it. It happened to me in the 2 races, but it's part of racing and impossible to avoid imho. Although, nudging someones back out is obviously bad form

Yea it was the chicane. There was a split just before it and I was only like 2seconds behind but by the finish line I'd be 7 seconds behind. I don't think it was an issue with you Meath.

I realise it happens and is part of racing but I think some people still think they're racing against the computer still. I've had clean battles with people when we re overtaking at every corner without resorting to ramming. But tonight I was rammed in a corner not even underbracing and I spun out. I don't mind being passed by quicker driver with a clean and legitimate overtake but someone ramming me to pass is a bit cheap.

Admittedly my first two picks for the races haven't been ideal. Monza was a short cut fest.
    tonydude wrote: »
    to create a fair and even race next time a nascar race might need to be put onto the table

I was trying to keep to sort of touring car championship. But I think you have a point.

I was thinking of having 6 more Rounds after this tonights one. But seeing as tonights was a bit of a disaster
    Maybe it should be 7 more Rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

What's the story with knocking people off? Some people seemed to get píssed off about it. It happened to me in the 2 races, but it's part of racing and impossible to avoid imho. Although, nudging someones back out is obviously bad form
    I agree, I'm all for a fair and good race but if some people are resorting to dirty tactics then it's a real put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

100% agree

Round 3

Tuesday 25-01-2011 @ 21.00
    Qualifying @ 20.30

Nascar around Daytona Oval

Race: x2 5lap Race of Daytona (Reverse Grid in 2nd)

(5 laps might be a bit short let me know if you think)

800px-Daytona_International_Speedway.svg.png

daytona_int_speedway.jpg

Car: Chevrolet 2010 Jeff Gordon #24 DuPont CHEVROLET IMPALA ‘10
    220px-Jeff_Gordon_Dupont_Chevy_Impala.jpg

Restrictions: To follow.

Rules:

The race track is the road between two white lines and includes the kerbs. Two wheels must remain within the white lines at all times.
    I understand that accidents can happen but in qualifying be honest and invalidate your lap (by quiting free run and re-entering) if you feel you've cheated.

Respect your fellow racers. The racer in front of you has the right of way. You cannot ram him off the road or use him as a barrier to take a corner.
    I realise that it is part of racing and cars will touch and there will be crashes. IF you do ram someone off the road the very least you can do is apologise after the race.

Any person who violates these rules will be given one warning, continue and who be asked to leave. I don't have the patience for bullsh!t and I'm sure no body in the championship does. I don't like wasting people's waiting in a lobby while we try and deal with stuff like last week. I don't have much time to play GT5. I'd like to spend the time I have racing.

I am the host of the lobby, I control the settings and regulations. You can request me to change lobby settings fine. But to keep things running smoothly I think its best for one people to do it.

Could everyone maybe comment below so I know who has read the new rules please as I don't want the below to happen :pac:

nascar-staten-island-crash.jpg

• Advertisement

Understood lad and well done, you should pump the laps up to 15. That should give 10+ minutes races

tonydude wrote: »
    Understood lad and well done, you should pump the laps up to 15. That should give 10+ minutes races

The rule about being the host isn't aimed at you or anything (I think you took control to set up the first race?). I just wanted to make it clear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Nascar racing should be a close one! Good work again Aussie. Updated standings?

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    The rule about being the host isn't aimed at you or anything (I think you took control to set up the first race?). I just wanted to make it clear :)

I know lad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Understood :cool:
    5 laps may be a little short, but for anyone who spins/crashes and ends up too far off to slipstream then maybe 15 is a bit long? I'd suggest 8 to 10 as a reasonable length, especially as there will be two races.
    A rolling start might be a good idea for this one if it's possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

read and agreed good sir.
    looking forward to this... maybe putting on boost to low depending on how the first race goes?

Tonight will be a good one as long as people dont start ramming others off track cause that ll destroy the whole race. The line up will make no difference tonight cause who ever is in the pole positions will be drafted past fairly fast.

Right it looks like I won't be home early enough to host the race this week. Rather than cancel it, Maybe to keep its momentum could somebody else maybe host it?

Right it looks like I won't be home early enough to host the race this week. Rather than cancel it, Maybe to keep its momentum could somebody else maybe host it?

I got my LAN cable sorted so I can host tonight's event no problems if that's ok with you?

Aussie - any chance of updated overall standings table before tonight's race starts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Cool. No need for practice for tonights race. The rules are fine by me. Hard to pick how.many laps, if you make 1 mistake you don't have a chance, so I think 5 laps is ok.

MuddyDog wrote: »
    I got my LAN cable sorted so I can host tonight's event no problems if that's ok with you?

Aussie - any chance of updated overall standings table before tonight's race starts?

Sorry in work so no chance till the middle of the week. I have them at home.

Sorry in work so no chance till the middle of the week. I have them at home.

No worries. Take it that's a yes to taking over hosting duties tonight.

No worries. Take it that's a yes to taking over hosting duties tonight.

if everyone else is cool with it.

if everyone else is cool with it.

Grand job.

I'll have the lobby open just before half 8.

PSN is Urinbits1

Join then for qualifying.

Lobby is up now. Join me through the Community section.

• Advertisement

@ AIR-AUSSIE - you can take my name off the list, fed up with people resorting to dirty tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

hellboy99 wrote: »
    @ AIR-AUSSIE - you can take my name off the list, fed up with people resorting to dirty tactics.

What happened?

I had no tv tonight so couldn't join you.

Good games tonight.

Results:

RACE 1:

1. Phoenixknight
    2. Urinbits1
    3.meath77
    4. jimmy1979
    5. DOHC
    6. Peadar_Rua

RACE 2:

1. jimmy1979
    2. Peadar_Rua
    3. meath77
    4. Urinbits1
    5. Phoenixknight
    6. DOHC

Magown3 wrote: »
    What happened?

I had no tv tonight so couldn't join you.
    I was holding second place for most of the race, I was overtook a few times but I moved out of the way to let them pass. When I went to pass I was side swiped twice, last hit sent me right off the track and they were no accidents :mad:

Ill watch the replay m8, you were battling peadur for a while, god knows how you survived that cause he was all over the road ( bad connection ), after that urinbits came up and the both of ye were side by side driving straight.ye then met for a split second got a little nudge nothing major.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I was holding second place for most of the race, I was overtook a few times but I moved out of the way to let them pass. When I went to pass I was side swiped twice, last hit sent me right off the track and they were no accidents :mad:

Who did it? You might as well name names.

Had a great race with Jimmy1979 in the first race. We passed 2 cars that had crashed out along the way, but other than that we were on our own.
    Second race I had a slow start to avoid spinning out and was on my own for the entire race. Think I was in 4th and there were 3 miles ahead battling it out for first. To far away for me to slipstream. But one (possibly you cossie) must have crashed and I passed him. I was sending negative energy to the other 2 hoping they'd crash too!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

Think I was in 4th and there were 3 miles ahead battling it out for first. To far away for me to slipstream. But one (possibly you cossie) must have crashed and I passed him.

That was me, had a good dice going with Jimmy and was trying to steer clear of Peadar as his connection was obviously pretty bad. He knocked me off onto the grass at the start/finish line, couldn't recover it and got a short cut penalty to boot so my race was pretty much over at that point. Rejoined behind Phoenix and was closing bit by bit but was too far behind to get a decent tow.
    Shame really as I thought I might make up for my start line blunder in race 1. Again, my apologies to anyone who might have got caught up in that. Don't know if I'd ever done a grid start in one of those before, certainly took me by surprise :o

@ Peadar: No blame attached, I don't think any of us could have driven like that if we tried :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Hi lads, wont be joining anymore ,unless we could move races to 8.30pm ?

Penalties are absolutely rubbish. On the other races after daytona I was rammed Twice and spun out but I got the penalty for the collision! That lead to rage quits.
    Those mustangs were the worst handling cars ever!

• Advertisement

twinsen wrote: »
    Hi lads, wont be joining anymore ,unless we could move races to 8.30pm ?

Suits me.

Advertisement