Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

All right lads,

Not sure was up with my connection, id didnt notice anything my end, until ye guys mentioned it in the lobby.

Hopefully get something sorted for the next time.

appologies is anyone got the bump, i got one myself in the first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

hey, can I join your championship?

my psn id is... mr_purple_cat

btw If any of ye are having trouble connecting you may need to set up the nat on your router for the PS3
    http://www.pregamelobby.com/ps3-ps2-psone-discussions/5618-how-get-type-2-open-nat-your-ps3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

Lads, I won't be able to join you this week. Going on holidays but I'll be back for next week.

Enjoy the race!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Cheers Muddydog for hosting this week. Hope it went well.
    I'll try and sort out the Championship points and finalise the last 5 rounds.

@ Cossie - I'm disappointed we couldnt get clean races going. Was there any improvement from last week?

@ Grizzly - You're than welcome to join. Just add me.

Next weeks race will be on High Speed Ring. I will let you's know the car over the weekend as I've bearly been near my PS3 all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭grizzly_beer

is your psn id "AIR-AUSSIE" ? It didnt seem to work. can you try adding me? thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

is your psn id "AIR-AUSSIE" ? It didnt seem to work. can you try adding me? thanks!

psn id is "jebuslives"

Picked a car yet Aussie? Can you confirm the start time too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

itd be interesting if you pick the car when we're all in the lobby, add a bit of the unknown lol plus excitement. Usually time i assume 8:30 qualify, 9:00 race

tonydude wrote: »
    itd be interesting if you pick the car when we're all in the lobby, add a bit of the unknown lol plus excitement. Usually time i assume 8:30 qualify, 9:00 race

I think I might do this. :)

Yes qualifying at the usual time. Sorry as usual I was very busy this week with other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

see you in there later on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I think I might do this. :)

Yes qualifying at the usual time. Sorry as usual I was very busy this week with other stuff.

Surely nothing's more important than Tuesday night racing? :eek:

Poxy system update is taking ages!

Right the update could screw me over. My hard drive is tight as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Right the update could screw me over. My hard drive is tight as it is.

Can host again if you need me to

What update?

Released about 5 days ago Tony

o right must have downloaded it so

My update has just started to shoot up after about 55%. Might make the race, but zero practice

may i just say the races tonight were just epic! tight.... plenty of bumper to bumper stuff and closely fought pole battle in the first race.

now.... for the dirty stuff.. the ramming and strategic bumping!
    Phoenixknight (sorry i don't know your boards name), was angry and accusing Urinbits (muddydog?) of punting him into the side of the track and ruining his race. now i've looked at the replay and i didn't see the actual incident in question as the replay is stuck with the camera on me. however i can say that urinbits driving style seems unclean and a bit dirty. saw him shuffle people into the barrier on the last corner and then another trick i saw him use was to weave about when people were overtaking using the slipstream and tap them... forcing them to take a colision penalty.

i don't want this to appear as an attack on urinbits, but his driving style is annoying the other races, and contributed heavily to breaking up the pack. if the issues people have with his driving can be addressed then the racing will get more fun.

i definately don't want to see him banned as i do think he's a very fast and skilled driver!

(also i had to leave early because we're watching the walking dead:D)

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    now.... for the dirty stuff.. the ramming and strategic bumping!
    Phoenixknight (sorry i don't know your boards name), was angry and accusing Urinbits (muddydog?) of punting him into the side of the track and ruining his race. now i've looked at the replay and i didn't see the actual incident in question as the replay is stuck with the camera on me.

You can choose who to focus on during the replay. You can do it in the top right of the screen i think. I would certainly like if more than just me had look at the replay if possible. I like an opinion from as many as possible.

I will also try and get the finger out about sorting out the championship proper.

I actually liked the choice of car and track. Fairly slow and fairly simple. I wasn't sure about them during qualifying but it kept the racing relatively close.

Anyway I a good race for once except for annoying penalties - hitting the barrier penalty and being rammed but getting a penalty. Perhaps on circuits with less chance of short cuts we should look into lighter penalties.

I have the replay saved of both races today I think. Its a pity I can't put it up on youtube. Although I may have an idea in that regard...

• Advertisement

I saw urinbits weaving a lot too, it looked like he was trying to prevent people from overtaking. But then I thought he could be using the in car view, and can't see the cars in either side. Still, no need to drive like that.

You can choose who to focus on during the replay. You can do it in the top right of the screen i think.

unless it's different for the host? i couldn't anyway. the little camera icon beside where you change from driver to car display is blacked out!

Good racing but spoiled by dirty tactics, MuddyDog/urinbits does like to shove people in the wall or tap the rear quarter in bends to spin others out and it gets a bit tiresome.
    I said that I would second phoenix's call for a ban but as it's Air-Aussie's league it's up to him how to deal with it.

@Doc_Savage: you can't switch cameras on the grid but once the race starts it should be possible.

@Air-Aussie: Interesting choice of car, thought in qualifying that they were a bit slow but made for good close racing.

Ive the replays saved and can confirm i was taking the 2nd u-bend on the 3rd lap and urinbits was inside me by the chicane, i got rammed and lost total control, doing a superman effort against the barrier. This ruined my race.

Sick of these dirty tricks, the other drivers can drive clean so its only fair to boot him, we lost cossie last week due to this, soon enough the whole thing will just fade away because we'll all get sick of it. I look forward to the races.

We know the clean drivers at this stage so they should be allowed to race with the idea that they could win, but they cant due to ramming and pointless blocking that occurs mid race.

By the way im phoniexknight :eek:

figured out how to get some pics

High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg

High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg
    the tap...
    High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg
    airbourne....
    High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg
    bumper damage...
    High%20Speed%20Ring.jpg
    :D

Nice job :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

tonydude wrote: »
    Sick of these dirty tricks, the other drivers can drive clean so its only fair to boot him, we lost cossie last week due to this, soon enough the whole thing will just fade away because we'll all get sick of it. I look forward to the races.

We know the clean drivers at this stage so they should be allowed to race with the idea that they could win, but they cant due to ramming and pointless blocking that occurs mid race.
    It's a real put off alright and I had enough last week with the dirty tactics. Getting knocked off the track is ok and understandable if there was a load of cars bunched up together but there was only myself up in second place when Urinbits1 came along up on the outside and "nudged / side swiped" off the track, there was no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

my Limited edition account just went ( hard drive failure, thank god ive 2 ps3's :pac: ) but would love to jump in if you lot are playin...

b0n0198 folks, even better if i get my DFP out... :D

Nice pics btw. And I agree with Air-Aussie - great choice of track and car which made for 2 good tight races.

@Papparazo - Down the straights I would attempt to block a car if I knew it had a slip stream on me. That's allowed. You don't see F1 cars just letting their opponent past down the straight - they are allowed to block once and when near enough the corner they are allowed to move back towards the racing line which can sometimes be seen as another block but it is allowed. So that's what I do down the straights. If a car gets its 2 front wheels level with my 2 rear wheels then there's nothing I can do then so I let it go.

@phoenix, that collision looks like I had the inside line and you were trying to move to the inside to try and cut me off. My 2 front wheels are level with your 2 rear wheels. That being the case then you were always going to spin out. Tbh, I don't even remember you even spinning out in race 1.

@dohc, well if I did nudge you in that corner it wasn't intentional and I apologise for that. There was tonnes of nudging going around those corners anyway between everyone. I even got nudged out almost off the road in the 2nd race by someone (think it was the 4th lap of 2nd race or maybe the 3rd lap around the 2nd last corner before the tunnel). Myself and jebus seemed to be with each other for a lot through the first and second races and we touched several times as I'm sure he'll remember but it was never malicious or damaging.

Just my views on everything!

• Advertisement

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Myself and jebus seemed to be with each other for a lot through the first and second races and we touched several times as I'm sure he'll remember but it was never malicious or damaging.

Admittedly for the most part you were clean, but seemed you were malicious to everyone else. You also rammed me once and I got the penalty for it.

I saw you weaving on the main straight and it is nowhere near what F1 cars do. I don't think F1 cars zigzag on a straight... Even if they're battling with other cars.

I've already had runs in with you (in Dualblades' race) that I know for a fact was dirty. So arguing you race clean with me doesn't stand up really.

Also it is more your attitude that I find that most annoying. You seem to enjoy "lol"-ing when you have ruined other people's races races rather than apologising and changing your ways.

And tbh I felt like banning you after the sh1t you did during the Nurburgring race you cheated twice even after I warned you and would not leave the track to invalidate your time. This wrecked that race for me as I did not join the first race in time. As I have said previously:
    Urinbits - I can understand track cutting the first time - perhaps I didn't make the rules clear (I thought people would be honest enough not to).
    Then going and doing it a second time and giving a bullsh1t excuse and say you can do a 2:08:xxx if you need to.
    So I ask you to leave the free run and return so you can post a valid time. Which I thought was the fair response but you refuse to. I found rather annoying. You messed up qualifying for everyone.

You messed up qualifying just as much as Micka-lowry did maybe even more.
    hellboy99 wrote: »
    It's a real put off alright and I had enough last week with the dirty tactics. Getting knocked off the track is ok and understandable if there was a load of cars bunched up together but there was only myself up in second place when Urinbits1 came along up on the outside and "nudged / side swiped" off the track, there was no need for it.

Seems a running theme really. What confuses me the most is that you seem to be amongst the fastest of us but you still resort to dirty tactics.

I have finished last on many occasions but would never resort to dirty tactics - yes I will touch cars sometimes when passing but I will give them enough space and I will do my best not to ram a car in front of me while cornering. I think the other racers would agree. I started this championship to have some clean tight racing I don't care who wins. But seems you want to win at all costs.

I think I've been patient enough with you tbh - so if I see evidence of dirty tactics as many other racers want I think I'll have to ban you.

Advertisement