Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Pdfile wrote: »
    my Limited edition account just went ( hard drive failure, thank god ive 2 ps3's :pac: ) but would love to jump in if you lot are playin...

b0n0198 folks, even better if i get my DFP out... :D

You are welcome to join. Qualfiying starts @ 20.30 Race @ 21.00 on Tuesdays.

As you can see from other posts we wanna race fair and clean. So as long as you are cool with that I'd be happy to add you in.

Add me my PSN is jebuslives

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

MuddyDog wrote: »
    @Papparazo - Down the straights I would attempt to block a car if I knew it had a slip stream on me. That's allowed. You don't see F1 cars just letting their opponent past down the straight - they are allowed to block once and when near enough the corner they are allowed to move back towards the racing line which can sometimes be seen as another block but it is allowed. So that's what I do down the straights. If a car gets its 2 front wheels level with my 2 rear wheels then there's nothing I can do then so I let it go.

If it's coming out of the last corner on the last lap and you start swerving to avoid being overtaken then I MIGHT agree with you but I saw you do it on lap 3 which is ridiculous. If someone is passing you at half race, let them past. It makes for more enjoyable racing when you can overtake them again.

After racing a few races online now with GT5, it really doesn't matter where you are during the race. Especially with any boost on. Only really matters where you are on the last lap with a few corners left. That's when you should drive defensive if you're at the front or make your move if you're mid-pack.

P.S. I really liked the choice of car and especially track as there was no way of cutting/cheating during qualifying and it made for close racing.

Magown3 wrote: »
    After racing a few races online now with GT5, it really doesn't matter where you are during the race. Especially with any boost on. Only really matters where you are on the last lap with a few corners left. That's when you should drive defensive if you're at the front or make your move if you're mid-pack.

Boost was off - but as the racing was so tight the point is still true. Its advantageous to be behind someone as you will be in their slipstream any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Admittedly for the most part you were clean, but seemed you were malicious to everyone else. You also rammed me once and I got the penalty for it.

I saw you weaving on the main straight and it is nowhere near what F1 cars do. I don't think F1 cars zigzag on a straight... Even if they're battling with other cars.

I've already had runs in with you (in Dualblades' race) that I know for a fact was dirty. So arguing you race clean with me doesn't stand up really.

Also it is more your attitude that I find that most annoying. You seem to enjoy "lol"-ing when you have ruined other people's races races rather than apologising and changing your ways.

And tbh I felt like banning you after the sh1t you did during the Nurburgring race you cheated twice even after I warned you and would not leave the track to invalidate your time. This wrecked that race for me as I did not join the first race in time. As I have said previously:

Seems a running theme really. What confuses me the most is that you seem to be amongst the fastest of us but you still resort to dirty tactics.

I have finished last on many occasions but would never resort to dirty tactics - yes I will touch cars sometimes when passing but I will give them enough space and I will do my best not to ram a car in front of me while cornering. I think the other racers would agree. I started this championship to have some clean tight racing I don't care who wins. But seems you want to win at all costs.

I think I've been patient enough with you tbh - so if I see evidence of dirty tactics as many other racers want I think I'll have to ban you.

Ok, that's fair enough. I won't do that down the straight anymore so. And I am actually sorry if I ruined anyone's races in the corners. COmpletely unintentional, seriously.

I will have the Championship schedule up tonight hopefully and updated standings. I think we need to have a discussion to what type of cars to use.

I will have a look at the replays of last night's races and then I think we should have a vote here as to what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Theres a difference between blocking and weaving when cars are alongside you. That's considered dangerous driving and is a ban in any type of racing! I don't mind getting knocked off a track or bumped, thats racing.

Jebus, that was a great choice of car and track. I think everyone thought "wtf, megans?" But the close racing was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

@phoenix, that collision looks like I had the inside line and you were trying to move to the inside to try and cut me off. My 2 front wheels are level with your 2 rear wheels. That being the case then you were always going to spin out. Tbh, I don't even remember you even spinning out in race 1.

The images above show the aftermath, you rammed me and i lost control, dont be making excuses, watch the replay. Your a dirty driver and shouldnt be allowed race with us. Jebus, you must have some patience.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Jesus
    lol

tonydude wrote: »
    lol

Edited!

I saved a replay of the second race, I'll take a look later

tonydude wrote: »
    The images above show the aftermath, you rammed me and i lost control, dont be making excuses, watch the replay. Your a dirty driver and shouldnt be allowed race with us. Jebus, you must have some patience.

What happened you in the second race btw? I thought I saw you spinning out of control at one point? Ah here, I'm not intentionally dirty. I don't go out to race to ram people off the track and that definately did not happen in our little coming to together. I don't have the replay to watch. Wish I did.

• Advertisement

im not going on about it any more, pressed the ps button by mistake and took out dohc by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

@dohc, well if I did nudge you in that corner it wasn't intentional and I apologise for that. There was tonnes of nudging going around those corners anyway between everyone.

There's a difference between nudging and deliberately running someone into the wall. Exiting turn one I was on the outside about a car length ahead of you, as you drew level you continued to move to the right until I was outside the white line and up on the kerb. You had the full width of the track to yourself but opted to give me another tap to the outside just before the blue/white/red tyre wall on the outside of turn two sending me head on into it.

The run to turn 2
    HighSpeedRing.jpg

nudge to the right
    HighSpeedRing_1.jpg

the tyre wall
    HighSpeedRing_2.jpg

HighSpeedRing_3.jpg

damage to my left
    HighSpeedRing_4.jpg
    and your right
    HighSpeedRing_5.jpg

I don't understand why you do this sort of crap as you are one of the quickest among us but it seems to be a constant thing with you. Anyone can miss a braking point or misjudge a pass, it happens, no big deal. When other friends and I race we leave the penalties off on the understanding that we're all there for close honest racing. It would be nice to think we could do that here at some point but if you're not shoving people off you're looking for shortcuts and that makes a joke of the whole thing. I look forward to seeing how next week goes but don't expect the benefit of doubt from me.

@ all: Sorry about picture size, tried making them smaller but doesn't seem to work.

I've watched the replays of both races. In summary:

Race 1:

There were three incidents in the 6 lap race. All involved Urinbits in some way.

There was DOH's incident as shown above. Where Urinbits gave him no room ramming him into the tyres. I was right behind DOH during this incident and crashed into him when he crashed into the tyres. ( I don't actually remember this I did see someone crash but didn't think they were in front of me) Seems to be dirty tactics.

There was Phoniex's crash - I don't think Phoniex would have crashed unless he pushed from the side to cause a spin (the cars aren't fast enough). He would have seen Phoniex as he was still in front of him. As Phoniex was ahead he had the right of way as according to the rules. So once again dirty tactics but maybe not as clear.

There was another get together coming onto the main straight its hard to tell who's at fault as the camera isn't great.

Race 2:

Urinbits zig-zagging on straight
    Urinbits Pushed me onto the grass on main straight
    Magown rammed Ekztrakto probably because he didn't see him.
    Magown rammed urinbits
    Urinbits pushes magown

So it would appear from that in my opinion urinbits uses dirty tactics.
    In total urinbits has been complained about 6 times in a championship of 4 rounds of racing.

So I would like a vote on what to do - ban him now or give him one last chance.

I think PM-ing your vote might be the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DOHC2000E

I think I've made my position clear, boot him.

DOHC2000E wrote: »
    I think I've made my position clear, boot him.

Don't hold back there DOHC anyway!

And how's the voting going to be run? How many etc etc?

I vote to give him one more chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

Urinbits zig-zagging on straight
    - I saw this and didn't think it was right
    Magown rammed urinbits
    - So I did this on purpose :D
    Magown rammed ek probably because he didn't see him.
    - I got it a little sideways and overcorrected it. Ek was beside me at the time and went into the tyres. My apologies.... I think it was Ek anyway.

My vote is to give him another shot also... And if he plays dirty, beat him at his own game in the second race.... Then ban his ass!!

ban

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

- I got it a little sideways and overcorrected it. Ek was beside me at the time and went into the tyres. My apologies.... I think it was Ek anyway.

it was me.... and truth be told we were both trying to regain a bit of control when that happened.... could have gone either way....

i'll say give him another chance....
    he's had a chance to hear what we've had to say and if he doesn't clean up his racing then we have little more choice than to exclude him!

Ekztrakto (extract-o), for those of you that can't seem to remember my ID.
    oh and on a side note, my housemate watches me race and has already dubbed MuddyDog as "Piss-Bits"!

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    my housemate watches me race and has already dubbed MuddyDog as "Piss-Bits"!

Haha quality! Better than the usual urine bits whenever someone misreads the name online.

Right 5 people have voted excluding me. Is there anyone else?

- I saw this and didn't think it was right

- So I did this on purpose :D

My vote is to give him another shot also... And if he plays dirty, beat him at his own game in the second race.... Then ban his ass!!
    Doc_Savage wrote: »
    it was me.... and truth be told we were both trying to regain a bit of control when that happened.... could have gone either way....

i'll say give him another chance....
    he's had a chance to hear what we've had to say and if he doesn't clean up his racing then we have little more choice than to exclude him!

Ekztrakto (extract-o), for those of you that can't seem to remember my ID.
    oh and on a side note, my housemate watches me race and has already dubbed MuddyDog as "Piss-Bits"!

No worries. As long as your able to explain it and the other person involved doesn't feel like it was dirty tactics its fine. Crashes will occur its the ones where it seems intentional I'm trying to cut out.

Initial Championship Schedule for remaining rounds

Next Round (5) 08/02/2011
    Autumn Ring

Round 6 15/02/2011
    Grand Valley East

Round 7 22/02/2011
    London

Round 8 01/03/2011
    Tsukuba

Round 9 08/03/2011
    Fuji

Round 10 (Final) 15/03/2011
    Deep Forest Raceway

I will add to this when I get a chance with cars, standings, and other stuff.

Right 5 people have voted excluding me. Is there anyone else?

Give it another 24 hrs, some people mightn't get online regularly. Cossie might return if he.reads this thread

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Give it another 24 hrs, some people mightn't get online regularly. Cossie might return if he.reads this thread

he has pm'd me his vote

he has pm'd me his vote

Wonder what he voted? :pac:

So from what I am reading, Dohc, tonydude, cossie, paparazo, magown and doc_savage have all voted. That leaves (from the top of my head) twinsen, jimmy, paz100, meath and Aussie-Air left to vote?

The vote is more exciting than my last race.

• Advertisement

So from what I am reading, Dohc, tonydude, cossie, paparazo, magown and doc_savage have all voted. That leaves (from the top of my head) twinsen, jimmy, paz100, meath and Aussie-Air left to vote?

I think meath is paparazo no? U'll pm them tomorrow on psn.

Advertisement