Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

tonydude wrote: »
    lol o right well he beat you so you decide plus he fcked up our lap times too.

Seeing as he beat me thought it'd be unfair of me to kick him purely for my sake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm lost with all the settings and type tyres, think I'll have to read the manual and ask my brother mechanic for some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

rrevving the crap outta it is a bad way to start i think

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jimmy9999

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    So is my traction control being at 5 one of the reasons I'm so slow? I'd start on pole and with 50m 2 or 3 cars could be past me. Although that could be my start too...

Definitely TC didn't help. I drive with no TC in Golf and Zonda, but need to be careful with accelerator, especially with Zonda.
    Great fun lads. Need to pick up different track and car suiting it. Golf wasn't great for this high speed track

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I'm lost with all the settings and type tyres, think I'll have to read the manual and ask my brother mechanic for some advice.

I thought I had a clue from F1.... Guess not.
    MuddyDog wrote: »

Yeah too much wheel spin I imagine. Ah well next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

peoples i have a better idea ! (oh yes... very surprising !)

why don't we just use that race as a warm up for the championship just as something for us all to get used to the game and what we'd be doing.

like a bit of a practice ?

our next race will be proper serious ?

and maybe one day 24hr le mans ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

MuddyDog wrote: »
    rev to the point before it turns red, thatll boost you off

jimmy9999 wrote: »
    Definitely TC didn't help. I drive with no TC in Golf and Zonda, but need to be careful with accelerator, especially with Zonda.
    Great fun lads. Need to pick up different track car suiting it. Golf wasn't great for this high speed track

Yea I expected the Golf wouldn't suit monza. Thought it'd be too late to change. I'll learn for next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Hopefully we'll have a nascar race lol oh thatd be a tight one lol
    That would be interesting!

I don't think you need traction control on the slow cars like the golf. Although on the zonda i always turn it on. Have to start practicing without it.

I seem to get decent times when I'm on my own in a race, but as soon as I'm dicing with someone I take a stupid line into a corner and brake too late and end up in the gravel! No composure.
    Two 5 lap races is a hell of a lot better than 1 ten. That first chicane in Monza is a laugh, 1 lap races there would be fun

How many races will be in this altogether, Ill offer up the following cars as prizes, all of which will be coming from my garage

1st place: Red bull S.Vettel x2010 Race Car
    Attachment not found.
    2nd place:Formula Gran Turismo Race Car
    Attachment not found.
    3rd place: GT by Citroen Race Car
    Attachment not found.

How have you got all those to give away?

• Advertisement

I just do, im A-spec 30 and B-spec 25 with 17 million, i completed the first vettel challenge last night if i get all 3 ill make the car i win the 1st prize ( same car but with 0 milage :D )

I just do, im A-spec 30 and B-spec 25 with 17 million, i completed the first vettel challenge last night if i get all 3 ill make the car i win the 1st prize ( same car but with 0 milage :D )

Cool, good idea of offering it as a prize. Assuming you can't sell it for cash in the game or you would have done that. There's loads of €20m cars that I want a go of.

Ive got these to work with:

Ferrari F2007
    Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trail Car '98
    Toyota Minolta toyota 88c-v Race Car '89
    Chaparral 2J Race Car '70

Ye can pick from the seven to make the prizes i dont mind, :D

Sound man Tony

Was looking at replays I saved from racing last night. Some nice tight racing in some of it.

From the replay it says I was using comfort soft tyres.... I was sure I changed to Racing softs. I feel slightly better about my slowness last night :rolleyes:

Anyway I might upload some photos from it later nothing fancy.

Autodromo%20Nazionale%20Monza.jpg

nice photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

That's me in the White :)

Jebus your doing a sweet job with this, keep up the good work. Im in the white too lol :D

Jebus your doing a sweet job with this, keep up the good work. Im in the white too lol :D

Cheers dude.

Hopefully my racing will be up to standard next time.

• Advertisement

Think that's me in the blue leading the pack :P

Any news on next weeks track and car?

Round 2 European Touring Car Championship 2011

Tuesday 21.00 18-01-2011

Qualifying @ 20.30

Race: x2 5 lap races (Reverse Grid in 2nd)
    Circuit: Nurburgring GP
    800px-N%C3%BCrburgring_-_Grand-Prix_Stecke.svg.png

Car: BMW M3 Coupe '07
    bmw-m3-coupe-07.JPG

Restrictions:

Damage Light
    Penalties Heavy

Once again I'm not sure if the name I've put is the one in the online garage as I'm not in front of my PS3. If someone could confirm for me that'd be great.

This Race Championship is still open for newcomers. If anyone is interested. I say we could allow another 3.

If anybody has any issues with the circuit or car let me know. The car and circuit should suit one another better this time.

Round 1 Results

Race 1 Monza
    1 urinbits1 25
    2 twinsen_x 20
    3 Phoniexknight 16
    4 DOHC2000E 14
    5 jimmy1979 12
    6 meath77 10
    7 Cossiedevil 9
    8 ekztrakto 8
    9 jebuslives 6

Race 2 Monza (Reverse Grid)
    1 urinbits1 25
    2 jimmy1979 20
    3 twinsen_x 16
    4 DOHC2000E 14
    5 Phoniexknight 12
    6 ekztrackto 10
    7 meath77 9
    8 cossiedevil 8
    9 jebuslives 6

1st-25--2nd-20pts--3rd-16pts--4th-14pts--5th-12pts--6th-10pts--7th-9pts--8th-8--9th-6pts--10th-5pts--11th-4pts--12th-3pts-13th-2pts--14th-1pt

Total
    urinbits1........... 50
    twinsen_x......... 36
    jimmy1979... 32
    Phoniexknight 28
    DOHC2000E ........28
    meath77...... 19
    ekztrakto ........18
    Cossiedevil ........17
    jebuslives ........12

Good work Aussie.

Looking forward to this next week.

Oh should be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Guys , is it possible to set up staring grid the way that the guys from top of the list could start from the back this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Can you please set the type of tyres allowed in the server to ensure everyone is on the same tyres...

Think there's a big cut possible on the last chicane but the heavy penalties should keep that in check!

twinsen wrote: »
    Guys , is it possible to set up staring grid the way that the guys from top of the list could start from the back this time?

You mean people who on top of the points classification be at the back? Don't think so. Unless we did it ourselves somehow but would be tricky.
    Doc_Savage wrote: »
    Can you please set the type of tyres allowed in the server to ensure everyone is on the same tyres...

Think there's a big cut possible on the last chicane but the heavy penalties should keep that in check!

Yea I was thinking. Unless we go for another track... There is also another version of this track does it include the chicane?

• Advertisement

leave this track, if you go off track to gain position the penalty will come in, it doesn't matter.

Advertisement