Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Aussie. Is it the Nurburgring Gp/D or Gp/F?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Aussie. Is it the Nurburgring Gp/D or Gp/F?

Going by the track diagram its GP/F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

tonydude wrote: »
    leave this track, if you go off track to gain position the penalty will come in, it doesn't matter.

How do you avoid the penalties? Take your foot off the throttle while you're off road?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    How do you avoid the penalties? Take your foot off the throttle while you're off road?

Dont go off road if the computer thinks your gaining an advantage the peno will come in

Yeah, sometimes if you go off on a straight and it's obviously not an advantage you still get a penalty.

• Advertisement

Jebus this track doesnt have a reverse option, whats the second race going to be GP/D ???

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Peadar_Rua

Jes lads, this look the business,

Ive been mad looking for people to race online with PSN Peadar_Rua.

I would love to join if there's any spaces available.

Peadar_Rua wrote: »

As far as I'm aware there were 9 lads in it last Tuesday so there is space for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Looking forward to this tonight. The car and track are not forgiving or easy once you start to push it! There'll be a lot of penalties and off track excursions! And maybe even some fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Jebus this track doesnt have a reverse option, whats the second race going to be GP/D ???

Like last week the second race's starting grid will be the reverse of the first race's results. Its not that the circuit will be run in reverse.

Balances out the race a bit and allows the less experienced drivers to get some front end racing.

In relation to the which circuit its the longer one of the two can't remember what name.
    Peadar_Rua wrote: »

Hey Peadar you're welcome to join. Just add my PSN and go to my lobby at around 8.30 tonight.

4522073565.jpg

• Advertisement

Doc_Savage wrote: »
    Looking forward to this tonight.

So am i :D

A set number of races should really be put forward to make it more exciting, its meant to be a championship.

Sweet pic jebus

So am i :D

A set number of races should really be put forward to make it more exciting, its meant to be a championship.

Sweet pic jebus

As am I Tony. Was practicing last night for qualifying. Was lapping around 2.12 mark.

As am I Tony. Was practicing last night for qualifying. Was lapping around 2.12 mark.

Crap i wasnt getting that time cant practice now cause my B-spec is in an endurance race, ps3 has been on since yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Looking forward to this also, see you all on the track tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

I wont be able to join today guys, wont be back home before 10. Good luck to you all.

twinsen wrote: »
    I wont be able to join today guys, wont be back home before 10. Good luck to you all.

ahh was looking forward to battling with ya again!

Can I get clarification on what tyres will be used tonight? Might do some practice now!

You can use any type

That was good, the last kart race wouldn't let me join for some reason. The nascar races are cool, very close. I'd say one with 10 people would be class

Yeah the slip stream you get off them nascar cars is class.

• Advertisement

Right we gotta address the track cutting and the penalties... I think that setting worse types would make it closer? And the track cutting seems to be an issue on most of the real world tracks. Maybe keeping to the original tracks would eliminate or at least limit the cutting. Once thats gone the penalties could be backed off to allow more side by side racing. More powerful cars are really not an option till were all on the same level. The m3 was great fun but there were some amount of penalties in the first corner of each race. Please say youll put up a pic of me spinning out from 2nd in the second race.

Apart from that i had some good moments and a few howlers! Some fun anyway!

Track cutting only happens in free run when you never get penalised for it.

Yeah the slip stream you get off them nascar cars is class.
    Great craic so it was :)

Only problem with the Nascars was the penalty for hitting the wall. Barely tap it and you get a 5 second penalty. 5 seconds in a nascar race is massive. Although I did pass out Jebus in the second race after he got a penalty

Nascar racing is great due to the fact that its always very close and every nascar has to have the same restrictions

Pity we didn't get one more race in. Was looking forward to trying either karts, ice racing of fiat 500's for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Right lads I'd like to apologise for how long it took us to get racing tonight. Of course it wasn't completely my fault.

Perhaps it was partly my fault for picking a track with such a bad short cut.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but having to restart qualifying twice pissed me off.

Urinbits - I can understand track cutting the first time - perhaps I didn't make the rules clear (I thought people would be honest enough not to).
    Then going and doing it a second time and giving a bullsh1t excuse and say you can do a 2:08:xxx if you need to.
    So I ask you to leave the free run and return so you can post a valid time. Which I thought was the fair response but you refuse to. I found rather annoying. You messed up qualifying for everyone.

You messed up qualifying just as much as Micka-lowry did maybe even more.

Anyway in light of tonight's racing I'm proposing two new rules:

The race track is the road between two white lines and includes the kerbs. Two wheels must remain within the white lines at all times.
    I understand that accidents can happen but in qualifying be honest and invalidate your lap (by quiting free run and re-entering) if you feel you've cheated.

Respect your fellow racers. The racer in front of you has the right of way. You cannot ram him off the road or use him as a barrier to take a corner.
    I realise that it is part of racing and cars will touch and there will be crashes. IF you do ram someone off the road the very least you can do is apologise after the race.

I'm not going to be able to regulate these rules but I think for the most part everyone should be able to follow them themselves.

The above rules will only apply in the two championship races. The casual races afterwards can be all in.

I also need to sort the lobby out so I'm the only one to change settings and actually start the race.

I would like people to give me their opinion on these rules if they have problems with them etc.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

Respect your fellow racers. The racer in front of you has the right of way. You cannot ram him off the road or use him as a barrier to take a corner.
    I realise that it is part of racing and cars will touch and there will be crashes. IF you do ram someone off the road the very least you can do is apologise after the race.
    +1

Nicely put, i started the first race, it was taking too long and was pissing everyone off. Qualifying was ruined and it messed up everones game. I like to earn my spot whether its first or last, having to start random is a balls

• Advertisement

Yeah, those rules seem fair to me. Where was the short cut? Was it the chicane before the last turn? Even if I used it I still would have been shíte. Definitely going to get some practice in for next weeks race.
    What's the story with knocking people off? Some people seemed to get píssed off about it. It happened to me in the 2 races, but it's part of racing and impossible to avoid imho. Although, nudging someones back out is obviously bad form

Advertisement