Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GT5 Touring Car Championship on Tuesdays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

sorted.

Good races this evening lads. Happy enough here with the wins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

Had great fun racing with Jebus lives in the first race. Had fun in the second race with phoenixknight I think. I got rammed from 2nd to last in the first race and was guilty of cutting a corner while in third on the second race which was my own fault! And for the record the race was much better with the penalties on strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Race 1 Monza

1 urinbits1
    2 twinsen_x
    3 Phoniexknight
    4 DOHC2000E
    5 jimmy1979
    6 meath77
    7 Cossiedevil
    8 ekztrakto
    9 micka-lowry DNF?
    10 jebuslives

Race 2 Monza (Reverse Grid)

1 urinbits1
    2 jimmy1979
    3 twinsen_x
    4 DOHC2000E
    5 Phoniexknight
    6 ekztrackto
    7 meath77
    8 cossiedevil
    9 jebuslive
    10 micka-lowry DNF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

That was deadly. I think having penalties on "weak" is better. I crashed out and went across a sand trap, cost me lots of time and on top of that I got a 10 second penalty!

The zondas were good after the slow golfs, would be funny doing a zonda race where everyone had to use zero traction control. Good doing a few races, 5 laps is ideal. Good work jebus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

good races alright lol you assigning points to those results jebus

How many of us were using wheels?

Results above. I only recorded results for the first two races.
    Micka-lowry is off my friends list anyway :rolleyes: Its stupid that the host can't kick people.

Had a good night racing lads even if I finished last. Something to improve on I guess.

Btw I don't know who DOHC2000E is. Think I added him from gtplanet or something. He wasn't invited from boards but was on my friends list. He probably won't be back again...

I don't think Monza was ideal for racing as the corners could be cut quite heavily.

I guess we'll decide on a different car and circuit next week with heavy penalties.

I'll sort out points later. Anyone have any opinions on how to make it better? Seems to work quite well, everybody raced relatively cleanly I think. I may have rammed cossie once or twice but I think he did the same:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Race 1 Monza

1 urinbits1
    2 twinsen_x
    3 Phoniexknight
    4 DOHC2000E
    5 jimmy1979
    6 meath77
    7 Cossiedevil
    8 ekztrakto
    9 micka-lowry DNF?
    10 jebuslives

Race 2 Monza (Reverse Grid)

1 urinbits1
    2 jimmy1979
    3 twinsen_x
    4 DOHC2000E
    5 Phoniexknight
    6 ekztrackto
    7 meath77
    8 cossiedevil
    9 jebuslive
    10 micka-lowry DNF?

i'm the only one that got DNF ?

it was a time limit at the end of each race so i think a few of us didnt finish.

but yeah i did terrible... really need to practice.

grant going the wrong way did help either :pac:
    Micka-lowry is off my friends list anyway :rolleyes: Its stupid that the host can't kick people.

ah come on now... it was a free run... i just brought a bit of life to it !

me and twinny had a great race in the first race at monza.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Lots of fun guys, we shuld do that more often
    MuddyDog - very good skills. still cant understand how you did it with tc on 5. Impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

twinsen wrote: »
    Lots of fun guys, we shuld do that more often
    +1 great craic so it was, more often the better as I need the practice :p

How many races will be in this altogether, Ill offer up the following cars as prizes, all of which will be coming from my garage

1st place: Red bull S.Vettel x2010 Race Car
    x2010.jpg
    2nd place:Formula Gran Turismo Race Car
    formula gran turismo.jpg
    3rd place: GT by Citroen Race Car
    gt car.jpg

TC on 5 with the Golf you mean twinny? What setting did you have the golf on? and the Zonda out of curiosity?

robbie_998 wrote: »
    My car didn't think so when you drove down the wrong way (wrecked my lap time) and head on into my car :mad: where am I going to find a panel beater this hour of the night :p

robbie_998 wrote: »

It was qualifying.
    And from the looks of it you ruined a couple of laps including mine. People wanted you kicked so I asked you to leave, you didn't. We all fun actually racing not acting the bollox.

I will leave it to a vote with the other lads whether your result counts or not.

tonydude wrote: »
    How many races will be in this altogether, Ill offer up the following cars as prizes, all of which will be coming from my garage

1st place: Red bull S.Vettel x2010 Race Car
    2nd place: Gran Turismo Formula 1 Race Car
    3rd place: Citroen Race Car

I haven't really thought about it too much yet. Maybe 7 or 8 rounds? I don't mind really. Good idea with the prizes if you're happy to offer them up.

I'll think about further rounds in coming days. i'd like a discussion here about it anyway as I'm making it up as I go along really :)

It was qualifying.
    And from the looks of it you ruined a couple of laps including mine.
    Mine too, last thing you expect to see is the front end of a golf coming straight at you.

It was qualifying.
    And from the looks of it you ruined a couple of laps including mine. People wanted you kicked so I asked you to leave, you didn't

I will leave it to a vote with the other lads whether your result counts or not.

it was all in the name of fun ! :pac:

i wouldn't even count my result... my driving was bad and i couldn't go into my car settings for some bizarre reason... only wanted to adjust the brakes !

It was qualifying.
    And from the looks of it you ruined a couple of laps including mine. People wanted you kicked so I asked you to leave, you didn't

Wasn''t he a DNF meaning zero points going by GT5 rules

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

MuddyDog wrote: »
    TC on 5 with the Golf you mean twinny? What setting did you have the golf on? and the Zonda out of curiosity?

Exactly, i was going without tc, and still couldn't catch up, i guess you were going on a perfect line. Usually I dont use TC as it slows down the car. Zonda one I was going with TC 2 but i was 28 second behind, crazy. I really need to but some steering wheel ;-)

• Advertisement

Hopefully we'll have a nascar race lol oh thatd be a tight one lol

Wasn''t he a DNF meaning zero points going by GT5 rules

What you mean? That he didn't finish within 30 seconds of the winner?

What you mean? That he didn't finish within 30 seconds of the winner?

Youve DNF stated in results thats all i know

twinsen wrote: »
    Exactly, i was going without tc, and still couldn't catch up, i guess you were going on a perfect line. Usually I dont use TC as it slows down the car. Zonda one I was going with TC 2 but i was 28 second behind, crazy. I really need to but some steering wheel ;-)

So is my traction control being at 5 one of the reasons I'm so slow? I'd start on pole and with 50m 2 or 3 cars could be past me. Although that could be my start too...

Youve DNF stated in results thats all i know

He did finish, the f**ker was ahead of me in the first one. I put DNF? because he was acting the bollox. I thought I'd leave it to a vote to decide if he should be included at all.

He did finish, the f**ker was ahead of me in the first one. I put DNF? because he was acting the bollox. I thought I'd leave it to a vote to decide if he should be included at all.

lol o right well he beat you so you decide plus he fcked up our lap times too.

Hopefully we'll have a nascar race lol oh thatd be a tight one lol
    That will be fun considering I could barely drive the Golf lol

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

It was your start.. I was along side you on the grid in the second race and roared away from you with the tc on 5!

So is my traction control being at 5 one of the reasons I'm so slow? I'd start on pole and with 50m 2 or 3 cars could be past me. Although that could be my start too...

it wouldve yes and what type tire had you

• Advertisement

lol o right well he beat you so you decide plus he fcked up our lap times too.

while i did feck up the warm up the actual race went ahead with no problems and it was a clean fair race for the actual race part.

grant i did only come second last and last they do count for the actual race and not what happened in the practice run

Advertisement