Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pakistan making heavy weather against Canada. 115/4 from 30 overs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Not anymore - Pakistan powering along at 161/5. I need them to stop before they reach 253. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

181/8 now... madness.

Could Canada chase this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Canadistan are doing well now.
    About to keep Pakistan under 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I would love if they pulled off the win. Would be a lovely two finger salute to the ICC fingers crossed I think its a huge target for them versus the Pakistan bowling on this pitch though

• Advertisement

I cant see them handling Afrida though. He has been on fire this tournament so far. Hopefully they can dig in. If the openers can somehow post good 30s or 40s, who knows what will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

All out for 184 off 43 overs

Not anymore - Pakistan powering along at 161/5. I need them to stop before they reach 253. :D

Nice one Canada. A 16 year old opening batsman! :eek:

solid start by a 16 year old and 19 year old opening pair.

They need to just keep hanging around for the first 15 - 20 overs and punish the bad balls and Canada have a real shot.

In the words of Kevin Keegan I would just love it if we beat them. love it :D:D

there goes my jinx again. Im glad I didnt post during yesterdays game !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Pakistan are missing Akhtar, I don't think the Canadians could have handled him...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

50 run partnership for canada now, 96/3, making a good go of the chase, I wonder will they have the power to carry them over the line though?

If they win it, it will trounce Ireland's achievements of 2007 and yesterday. It would be like Uruguay beating Australia in the Rugby World Cup

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Canadistan are doing well now.

:D

111/5....

forget it... 114/6 now

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

forget it... 114/6 now

114/7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

131-8.

Game over. Ah well.........

131/8 now, why don't they take the batting powerplay and have a go? Not much point in leaving it any later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Afridi 5 for 23 off his 10. Some World Cup!

Mongarra wrote: »
    Afridi 5 for 23 off his 10. Some World Cup!

According to cricinfo he can bowl one at 80mph!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What a run out by Afridi!

All over for 138. Pakistan's bowling attack is something fearsome. Glad I held back from any silly bets near the end. Roll on Sunday. :D

All over for 138. Pakistan's bowling attack is something fearsome. Glad I held back from any silly bets near the end. Roll on Sunday. :D
    From the associates perspective, the Canada / Pakistan game is a good result. Restricting Pakistan to under 200 was an achievement in itself for the Canadians

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nearly lost it.
    i bet a 5er on canada, nearly won me some monies

betting against your own country, win win situation.

total wake up call. I wish we had amir, poor young soul got lost in foul play.
    Other than that im not sure whats happened to shohaib akhtar, he came on like lightning and just stopped taking wickets. Gul not doing so well either.

fairplay to afridi, hard to believe this guy has the fastest century ever, 35 balls !
    remember watching the match back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Oh dear Bangladesh....57/8

And NZ 10 runs away from a 10 wicket win against Zimbabwe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I take it Bangladesh getting hammered is a good thing? Haven't done the maths yet but my vague guess is that all Ireland would have to do is beat Netherlands and then not get destroyed by any of the big teams. Would go through with 4 points on net run rate?

Assuming Netherlands or Bangladesh don't cause any more upsets that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭actwithoutwords

I take it Bangladesh getting hammered is a good thing? Haven't done the maths yet but my vague guess is that all Ireland would have to do is beat Netherlands and then not get destroyed by any of the big teams. Would go through with 4 points on net run rate?

Only 4 go through. Bangladesh being out of it is good, but we need to finish ahead of the Windies or England as well. Our game against the West Indies is a cup final, essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Home crowd, shall we say, a wee bit peeved...hope it doesn't deteriorate.

sounds to me like to think only 2 teams are knocked it when its 3.

we have to most likely beat the West Indies and holland. 4 points will not be enough to qualify

• Advertisement

Only 4 go through. Bangladesh being out of it is good, .

although your probably right I dont think you can write them off yet. They should beat Holland and then there jsut one big upset playing at home from really causing havoc in this group.

Advertisement