Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2011

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I agree that Sachin probably didn't deserve MOM in the semi's but tonights awards were spot on.

Yuvraj is the reason India are in the finals he's been consistent and performed with both bat and ball. Can't really think of another candidate.

It's true there isn't a lot between Mahela's innings and Dhonis. But he stepped up as a captain in a pressure situation and guided the team home with an incredible knock. Maybe it's fifty-fifty but I think he deserved it just as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Many congratulations to India, a much better advert for the 50 over game than the last world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Memnoch wrote: »
    I agree that Sachin probably didn't deserve MOM in the semi's but tonights awards were spot on.

Yuvraj is the reason India are in the finals he's been consistent and performed with both bat and ball. Can't really think of another candidate.

It's true there isn't a lot between Mahela's innings and Dhonis. But he stepped up as a captain in a pressure situation and guided the team home with an incredible knock. Maybe it's fifty-fifty but I think he deserved it just as much.

+1

Yuvraj has 4 man of the matches already, and he has proven himself a proper all rounder and very consistant - He's definitly man of the series!

Dhoni because on top his fantastic knock under pressure conditions, he very cleverly captioned the team to victory too. Let's not forget, strategy is also crucial in cricket.

Great match, Amazing win, Well done India!! Top of the world!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I feel bad for Murali....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

d'Oracle wrote: »

Was he part of the '96 Sri Lanka world cup winning side though?

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    Was he part of the '96 Sri Lanka world cup winning side though?

Yes.
    But that has little to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

The two unsung heroes of this world cup......Gautham Gambhir and Gary Kirsten:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wow. From the cricinfo facebook page....
    Even if you're not obsessed with stats, this is unbelievable: the number of runs scored (21,333) in this World Cup is identical to the 2007 tournament!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

KevIRL wrote: »

Even if you're not obsessed with stats, this is unbelievable: the number of runs scored (21,333) in this World Cup is identical to the 2007 tournament!

Fuppin spot fixers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

KevIRL wrote: »

Hey, I demand a recount.....or should we transfer this thread to politics! :D

On the Man of the Tournament, Y Singh was the only player batting who looked like he wasn't going to get out - he emposed himself every time and his bowling aint' half bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

d'Oracle wrote: »

Is there any particular reason for feeling this way?

HonalD wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason for feeling this way?

It was his last match, maybe it was a step too far with the injuries he was carrying. Didn't take a wicket, got bossed by Dhoni.

Pretty sad ending to the career of one of the most likeable and entertaining characters to play the game. He has been a great player always played with a smile on his face, except for that second after he licks his finger and leans forward into the first step of his run up.

muttiah%2Bmuralitharan%2B800%2Bwicket%2Bsrilanka%2Bcricket.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭looseygoosey

why is cricket sooooooooo Boring and requires little or no skill or intensity,compared to other games?

Does anyone from Ireland actually play this ridiculous silly game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

looseygoosey banned for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

TrueDub wrote: »
    looseygoosey banned for trolling.

Not the first time he's been here either is it? its kinda sad tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

World Cup review on SS2 starting in about a min

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

What was great about this world cup was no Duckworth Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

What was great about this world cup was no Duckworth Lewis.

um yes there was Pakistan V new Zealand... Pakistan had their run chase revised via D/L method

For those who are interested.....

The official World Cup DVD is out finally:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

Also available is the DVD of THAT innings from Kevin O'Brien:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

• Advertisement
Advertisement