Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not an England freindly wicket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

C'mon England get your fingers out and use your feet against the spinners.....Bopara looks a walking wicket

Talk about wasting a review!......95 for 3

England beginning to motor now.....125 for 3 off 31

• Registered Users Posts: 9,070 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Dreadful start to the powerplay for England

• Advertisement

230 to get. Gotta make Sri Lanka favourites with England's bowling attack.

Shaping up nicely for an India v Sri Lanka final next Saturday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Yeah right. More like. PAk vs SRI

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

What a disappointing end for England. We knew they were inconsistent but that was an abject performance. Morgan did well though.

Morgan should have been out 4 times on the way to this 50.

• Advertisement

Morgan should have been out 4 times on the way to this 50.

Ah, well I missed the England innings, I was just going by the scorecard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Only saw the highlights but crazy how lucky Morgan got, three very easy catches dropped. Terrible performance from the English bowling & fielding but not unexpected considering their up and down form.

Sri Lanka looking good but I still see India winning it, just seems written that Satchin will win it in the final. The Pakistan game should be a cracker though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

10 wicket win at quarter finals - this is unbelievable. Aus, SA, England all crashing out just like that. It's shaping up really tasty for the subcontinent - India - Pakistan match is going to be a cracker, and looks like the final would also be brilliantly tense. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Supporting the Kiwis now, although don't think they have much of a chance, would be a much needed boost for the sport there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Rooting for an IND/SRI final myself... Sachin v Murali, it would be epic....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

great little video featuring all the lads here...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

KevIRL wrote: »
    Well that just opened it up for England imo.

England will beat an under pressure Sri Lanka tomorow then have a handy semi final against a weak and always flaky New Zealand

Pakistan will beat India in the other semi final in an epic game. But be so mentally wrecked after it will lose the final to England.

After all their close games, and even losing to us, England are gonna win this thing. Get on them at 13/2 imo

Hope you didn't put on too much!

I reckon the pressure will get to India and Pakistan will beat them and then beat Sri Lanka in the final - pity as I'd like to see Sachin win, everything about him is pure class including the fact that he walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Hope you didn't put on too much!

I reckon the pressure will get to India and Pakistan will beat them and then beat Sri Lanka in the final - pity as I'd like to see Sachin win, everything about him is pure class including the fact that he walks.

I rather reckon the pressure will get the Pakistan. They have never beaten india in a WC match. i also think they have peaked too early.
    India have this "lets do it for Sachin" attidude and I think that will get them through this.

Ind/Pak semi final and Ind/SL final - that's how I think it's going to go, and I can't even begin to imagine the tension and excitement in India! Some world cup this is turning out to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Washout wrote: »
    I rather reckon the pressure will get the Pakistan. They have never beaten india in a WC match. i also think they have peaked too early.
    India have this "lets do it for Sachin" attidude and I think that will get them through this.

See I just don't think there's any pressure on the Pakistan team, they've nearly over-achieved already having lost 3 of their best players before the tournament, not playing at home will make it easier for them.

In India it's like 1966 hanging over the English football team, they haven't set the WC alight so far and have snuck through a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

On paper, Pakistan should win, on form Pakistan should win...so India will probably win..

I'm going for Pak still though - obviously an endless romantic no matter how many times they break your heart..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Poor effort from NZ at the end of their innings.

dfx- wrote: »
    On paper, Pakistan should win, on form Pakistan should win...so India will probably win..

Oh, have some faith! Cricketing Gods vs a ragtag team from a nearly-failing state! (yeah, get in there!!)

Proper cricket awaits us all, and India will win!! :D

Sri Lanka coasting.....will be hard to beat irrespective of who they play in the final

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

positron wrote: »
    Oh, have some faith! Cricketing Gods vs a ragtag team from a nearly-failing state! (yeah, get in there!!)

Proper cricket awaits us all, and India will win!! :D

Faith is all that's left when backing Pakistan! All rationale and cool calm reasoning flies out of the window :pac:

SL 161-1 to 169-4....still should make it

169/4 now, another wicket and this match might get interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Starting to get very uncomfortable for Sri Lanka

And Sri Lanka are home. Would of been very interesting if the fireworks went off and the game was in its last couple of balls :pac: I think the umpire did the right thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i hope tomorrow is an absolute tense, nerve buster of a game.
    Some nice cleans BOLDS and smashing SIXES.

hoping for pak to win but all in all hoping for a close fun game
    Raining today in mohali so hope it doesnt even pour a drop tomorrow

srilanka may win the cup, very strong

• Advertisement

Cant wait for this game. Losing is just not an option for India. There will be carnage if Pakistan beat them :pac:

Advertisement