Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This is becoming somewhat amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

128 for 6!!!........it's NZ's match to lose now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

i cannot believe my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ok it's very amusing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

Unbelievable!

Goes on to show that the preliminary stages are no indicators to actual form or the saffas tendency to choke in knockout stages is still very much alive and kicking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ka-boooooooooooooooooom!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus went outside for an hour...came back and SA are 8 down...what the hell...

Wonder what the odds for a NZ win were when SA were 2 down!

9 actually :p

Indeed another fine betting opportunity passes us by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

kmart6 wrote: »
    Wonder what the odds for a NZ win were when SA were 2 down!

SA were 1/8, i forget what NZ were. I think it was 9/2. The bookies are well aware of SA tendencies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i told you all they were chokers, not sure why anyone thought they would win the whole WC
    They have always choked. Evident after the english game.
    Set the choking standard against srilanka, malinga taking 4 wickets in 4 balls

Good grief 49 run win!

Pauleta wrote: »
    SA were 1/8, i forget what NZ were. I think it was 9/2. The bookies are well aware of SA tendencies :pac:
    Meh 9/2 wouldn't have interested me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

:(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

SA chokers since 1992. How can they do it with such consistency..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I actually turned off when the 3rd wicket went because i had a bet that it would be a catch :cool:. I thought SA had the match in the bag. They are like a poor mans New Zealand rugby team :D

I feel for Graem Smith in his last match as captain.....his face told a tale there

I dunno who's more shocked......NZ or SA

booth70 wrote: »
    I reckon it will be a Australia v South Africa final

:(..........I think I'll shut up hereafter

Amazing world cup so far.....Well done New Zealand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not related to WC. One of my fav moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well that just opened it up for England imo.

England will beat an under pressure Sri Lanka tomorow then have a handy semi final against a weak and always flaky New Zealand

Pakistan will beat India in the other semi final in an epic game. But be so mentally wrecked after it will lose the final to England.

After all their close games, and even losing to us, England are gonna win this thing. Get on them at 13/2 imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Pauleta wrote: »
    They are like a poor mans New Zealand rugby team :D

Lets hope that NZ do the same in the upcoming WC. It would be great to see the Springboks beat them in their own background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Fair dues to the Kiwis, they stuck in there long enough to wait for the inevitable choke from South Africa.

If England do get past Sri Lanka, which I personally doubt, I think the semi with NZ would be a classic between 2 evenly matched, equally flaky teams.

Wide open this world cup, enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Fair dues to the Kiwis, they stuck in there long enough to wait for the inevitable choke from South Africa.

If England do get past Sri Lanka, which I personally doubt, I think the semi with NZ would be a classic between 2 evenly matched, equally flaky teams.

Wide open this world cup, enjoying it.

I think if England do manage to get past Sri Lanka, then they will be strong favourites for the semi final against New Zealand. Much more balanced, much more talent in the line up too. The power hitters the Kiwis have are incredibly inconsistent and are regularly done by simple, wicket to wicket bowling. Massive if in that though, just the matter of Sri Lanka tomorrow first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

KevIRL wrote: »
    Well that just opened it up for England imo.

England will beat an under pressure Sri Lanka tomorow then have a handy semi final against a weak and always flaky New Zealand

Pakistan will beat India in the other semi final in an epic game. But be so mentally wrecked after it will lose the final to England.

After all their close games, and even losing to us, England are gonna win this thing. Get on them at 13/2 imo

I would love you to be right, but so much cricket to be played before we can talk about the finalists, let alone the winner. I have to say, if England got to the final, I would say the only chance of victory would be if we came up against Pakistan, who aside from being as inconsistent as the day is long, are the one team left in the tournament I think England have a psychological edge over.

Just watching today's highlights on BBC......AB almost in tears unable to get his head around what happened:(

Really feel for SA but this world cup has seen some amazing games

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

they **** up everytime though infairness.
    dating back to forever. Such a strong team but always chokes, constantly.
    Havent ever gotten through the knock out stage!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,059 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

booth70 wrote: »
    Just watching today's highlights on BBC......AB almost in tears unable to get his head around what happened:(

Really feel for SA but this world cup has seen some amazing games

No sympathy from me really.

Smith and Kallis got out to nothing balls, Duminy showed no bottle and Du Plesis ran out the team's best batsman..:pac:

The tail looked terrified and played like drones, shocking effort really. I have some pity for Amla and to a lesser exent Ab, but the rest let themselves down when batting.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

Approx 85~95 million watched India vs Australia match worldwide.
    But this record is about to be broke on wednesday when India vs Pakistan play semifinal.

Another interesting fact:-
    Cricket fans have booked rooms as far as 50km away.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-201...t=worldcup2011

Bell looks in great touch......Strauss looks just the opposite!!.......25/0 in 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

woopsie! England 2 down, both openers gone

Advertisement