Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Can NZ pull off the mother of all upsets tomoro and beat South Africa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

booth70 wrote: »
    I reckon the local curator can decide what he wants to do with the pitch

Despite the obvious India - Pakistan rivalry and what it means to the people of both nations I felt India's biggest mental test was today against Australia given how intense the rivalry between the two sides has been over the last 10 years or so and I bet the players feel the same as well
    im from pakistan, would rather have played australia again tbh, wouldnt have matter if we lose to them, but if we lose a semi to india it'll be world war 3, and i just dont really see pakistan winning, i thought australian bowling attack would make mince meat of india's batsmen, and that i thought aussie batsmen would make 300+ courtesy of ponting and co. i under estimated india's bowling tbh, and their feilding was way too good. pakistan will have shiet fielding, i've a feeling kamran akmal will be a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i dont see how even being a pakistani you fail to see their bowling strength, even without Amir and Asif some how we've put together an amazing bowling attack. I think it will be a close match. Taking day off work for sure.
    Why will pakistan have 'shiet' fielding ?
    Why will kamra be a let down? what are these speculations based on? have a little faith. Best bowling attach meets best batting attack.
    We restricted Australians to a low enough total and their batting is no walk in the park.

Placebo wrote: »
    i dont see how even being a pakistani you fail to see their bowling strength, even without Amir and Asif some how we've put together an amazing bowling attack. I think it will be a close match. Taking day off work for sure.
    Why will pakistan have 'shiet' fielding ?
    Why will kamra be a let down? what are these speculations based on? have a little faith. Best bowling attach meets best batting attack.
    We restricted Australians to a low enough total and their batting is no walk in the park.
    even IF and this is a big IF, the match isnt fixed, which it probably is

yes pakistan's bowling attack is stronger than india's, but tbh, india doesnt even have a bowling attack worth mentioning, they've been carried by zaheer khan all along. asif is pretty bad anyway hes no loss, amir was decent, but ah well...

RE: akmal, did you see the NZ match?, he dropped 3 catches off akhtar's bowling.... they dont call him "dropmal" for nothing :rolleyes:

RE: rest of the fielding, pakistan is known for shiet fielding bro, look at the catch umar gul dropped the other day, even a 10 year old would have caught that, i know i know prolly bad luck/sun in eyes, but thats not the first time it happened.

best bowling vs best batting isnt really it tbh, its... okay bowling (shiet batting) vs best batting (shiet bowling), and shiet fielding vs pretty good fielding, i dont see pakistan winning unless theres some deals going on behind closed doors endorsed by people who want/need pakistan to win

Not sure if i can dignify any of that with a response.
    I reckon you should go on paddy power and bet your life savings on India.

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    Not sure if i can dignify any of that with a response.
    I reckon you should go on paddy power and bet your life savings on India.
    match is fixed, dont know which way it is fixed, pakistan can very well win if its fixed their way, i never said they couldnt win, i just said they cant win if it isnt fixed

only a retard would bet in cricket, or else if you're the one whos been fixing matches

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

match is fixed, dont know which way it is fixed, pakistan can very well win if its fixed their way, i never said they couldnt win, i just said they cant win if it isnt fixed

only a retard would bet in cricket, or else if you're the one whos been fixing matches

No allegations without proof here please. Explain your reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah was getting a bit ridiculous in fairness!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

and shiet fielding vs pretty good fielding, i dont see pakistan winning unless theres some deals going on behind closed doors endorsed by people who want/need pakistan to win

India's fielding is poor, Dhoni admits more than anyone else...

Don't mind seeing either Australia or India out, but an enthralling semi-final..hopefully SA continue on quietly, but I wouldn't fancy them against Sri Lanka:(

It's been an absolutely brilliant world cup to watch and follow so far... for heavens sake don't mar the enjoyment by posting sh&te:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Our fielding is not good and we are not known for our fielding but it is way too better than Pakistan fielding. Yuvraj, Kholi, Raina are all excellent fielders.

Our bowling attack is pretty underrated. Zak is quality and one of the best modern day bowler. Harbhajan is also quality bowler and Ashwin is a ODI bowler. He doesn't give anything away. Yuvraj has proved he can chip in with ball too and has 11 wickets against his name.

Like i said many times, our only problem is second seem bowler, Munaf is good on his bad but those are very very rare. Same with Sreeshanth. To put it in simple, Munaf, Nehra, Sreeshanth are sh*t. We would have done better with Praveen Kumar, shame he was injured.

I reckon the local curator can decide what he wants to do with the pitch

Despite the obvious India - Pakistan rivalry and what it means to the people of both nations I felt India's biggest mental test was today against Australia given how intense the rivalry between the two sides has been over the last 10 years or so and I bet the players feel the same as well

India Vs Aus was intense but India Vs Pak is just a level above. It doesn't matter the quality of the team, the game will be intense.

It will good to see Shoaib Vs Sachin and Afridi Vs Gambhir. This is even bigger test of nerves for both sides. The team that maintains that will win it.

And hope Curator takes off the green top at Mohali. It is like playing to Pakistan hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Our bowling attack is pretty underrated. Zak is quality and one of the best modern day bowler. Harbhajan is also quality bowler and Ashwin is a ODI bowler. He doesn't give anything away. Yuvraj has proved he can chip in with ball too and has 11 wickets against his name
    Its ordinary. Outside of the Asian territories, its poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

JustinDee wrote: »

agreed

I would say other way round. Outside subcontinent our fast bolwers are good enough. Sreeshanth had his best series of the career in SA and Ishanth in Australia. Zak is pure awesome in any part of the world.

tbh.... I would have picked Rohit Sharma instead of that prima donna Yuvraj Singh

My apologies to Mr.Yuvraj Singh:)

Can NZ pull off the mother of all upsets tomoro and beat South Africa?

NZ building nicely after 2 early wickets......If Ross Taylor bats 50 overs NZ should post a decent total.....Game on I think

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

reb73 wrote: »
    What are you on about? India are guaranteed to play all their games at home and the semi-final is in Mohali..
    Flip it.. i thought it is in Coloumbo Sordy!!

Ohhh the rest of crowd about curator, grass, moisturiser and anti-aging creams is just non-sense sounds like usual conspiracy theories.

Both teams have genuine seemers and world class spinners. But just batting line up of India is tall order provided no injuries for the virender schawag. The abosolute key for that match will S Afridi (attacking batsman and handy bowler) on Pak side, India side it will be Y Singh (in form batsman and handy bowler). Just watch these two players in the field of mohali, no moisturiser or anti-aging cream or grass matters when Pak and India plays.

Still no ball on 18.4 any one??? Lol

My apologies to Mr.Yuvraj Singh:)

NZ building nicely after 2 early wickets......If Ross Taylor bats 50 overs NZ should post a decent total.....Game on I think

Lol i missed out this quote. No way we could have considered Rohit Sharma. He has good technique but he has never performed in ODIs bar one against Aussie. Success has gone into head very early. Every Indian had one hope that Yuvi will be back to form. If so he was as valuable asset as any player in the team and he is proving that.

Credits to Dhoni and Gary for sticking with Yuvraj when many wanted him out of the team.

MySelf56 wrote: »
    Flip it.. i thought it is in Coloumbo Sordy!!

Ohhh the rest of crowd about curator, grass, moisturiser and anti-aging creams is just non-sense sounds like usual conspiracy theories.

Both teams have genuine seemers and world class spinners. But just batting line up of India is tall order provided no injuries for the virender schawag. The abosolute key for that match will S Afridi (attacking batsman and handy bowler) on Pak side, India side it will be Y Singh (in form batsman and handy bowler). Just watch these two players in the field of mohali, no moisturiser or anti-aging cream or grass matters when Pak and India plays.

Still no ball on 18.4 any one??? Lol

I dont want to jinx it, but Afridi is no more a batsman. He can't stay for more than 10 deliveries. He has become an excellent bowler though. He is very quick for a spinner and can pick wickets regularly.

NZ faltering just when they beginning to look good:(.....if they can get upto 230 it could still be a good game

• Advertisement

Looks like max NZ can score is around 220-225.

NZ finished the innings at 221/8.

Target for SA is 222. Hope we have a good contest here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I would say other way round. Outside subcontinent our fast bolwers are good enough. Sreeshanth had his best series of the career in SA and Ishanth in Australia. Zak is pure awesome in any part of the world.

Not even close. 'Zak' is Khan is it? Awesome he most certainly is not, in my opinion anyway. Worst sport on the team and embarrassing when he tries to sledge. If it doesn't move, he'll be tonked.

Do you mind me asking your age?
    You're comments are really out of this world.

Not even close. 'Zak' is Khan is it? Awesome he most certainly is not, in my opinion anyway. Worst sport on the team and embarrassing when he tries to sledge. If it doesn't move, he'll be tonked.

Key there.

Ball isn't doing much for pace bowlers still 17 wickets to his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

Good fighting effort here in the field from the kiwis but you'd have to say it's not going to be enough - India, Pakistan, South Africa & Sri Lanka in the semis it looks like...

you wouldn't have thought that a Pink haired man from south county dublin would have his own song written about him!! But there it is - check out the size of the first hit off James Anderson, unreal!

& Kendo wishing the lads the best and potting some cricket balls!!

some journey for the irish lads. well done to them all

That was going for 6 until Oram plucked it out of the sky!!..... Great catch

Game on I reckon.....NZ need AB's wicket

No different from Shaun Tait then!!!

That was going for 6 until Oram plucked it out of the sky!!..... Great catch

Game on I reckon.....NZ need AB's wicket

Duminy gone....game on definitely.....AB is still the key to this match

• Advertisement

Groundhog Day?!.......surely SA are not going to blow this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement