Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids AC Patricks w'end 5k

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

OldBloke wrote: »
    I did the same and got a similar response - all credit to them.

I sent 5 emails to a promoter after a certain big race this year and not one reply..I also sent 2 texts to his mobile no reply..fair play to MSB for the quick emails....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Im killing time over lunch here, and checked this again, and Im in the offical results [where I was not after the race!]

Real Time of 22.37 - jasus, that was fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

My time still isn't up but it looks like they haven't updated it since the 21st. I'm sure its time consuming going over video footage, especially as its generally people voluntering their time to arrange a great race but hopefully they'll be able to sort it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Proud Mummy! Me & Raycun's little girl in her new nightie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Proud Mummy! Me & Raycun's little girl in her new nightie :)

Too cute! :)

• Advertisement

Hate to be negative about an otherwise very well run event by a club with track history of running a great race but ... while the communication was good about acknowledging problems with missing chip times and they said they would sort it out, the reality is that a month later they didn't sort it and loads of missing places which could have been captured on video could have been inserted but weren't. This affected my team results (wouldn't have brought us into contention for a medal but still). This results in the crazy situation that just because chips didn't register I (and my team) get no recognition of my finishing place - surely for the first 50/100 ppl home at least they should be able to get the places/times right - very frustrating considering you may have battled like bejesus to take one or two people in the home straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

surfjunky wrote: »
    Hate to be negative about an otherwise very well run event by a club with track history of running a great race but ... while the communication was good about acknowledging problems with missing chip times and they said they would sort it out, the reality is that a month later they didn't sort it and loads of missing places which could have been captured on video could have been inserted but weren't. This affected my team results (wouldn't have brought us into contention for a medal but still). This results in the crazy situation that just because chips didn't register I (and my team) get no recognition of my finishing place - surely for the first 50/100 ppl home at least they should be able to get the places/times right - very frustrating considering you may have battled like bejesus to take one or two people in the home straight.

Believe it or not there was a problem with the video in that it was not possible to see the numbers on peoples vests. In MSBs defence once you hire a company to supply chips you expect the results should look after themselves. Having said that maybe a paper trail (a la electronic voting ;)) is required as a backup for the first 200 finishers maybe as that would capture the majority of individual and prize winners.

Do you have an idea of your finishing time? If so email contact email directly and they should be able to insert you into results.

Edit: just noticed you said you emailed above

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

surfjunky wrote: »

I know how you feel, I ran a PB in the Raheny Shamrock's 5m this year and was NOT given an official time, after making contact with Pat Hooper and a few others throught text messages and emails not one person ever got back to me, It's was a fantastic race it was a pity 10% of the chips failed...

Yup, I mailed them pretty much straight away, of estimated time and the runners I finished in between.
    I know people do this race to try and get a quick time as its a quick course, great for a PB attempt and the chips are invaluable for this. However, the club race is pretty important and IMHO the archaic man-with-a-clipboard taking down finish places should take precedence for the club race (with the chip time taking second priority). Its clear that MSB value the club race as, laudably, they gave it a priority start ahead of the rest of the field ensuring a clear and fast start.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pad-cam

amended results 1 to 509 on msbac.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

pad-cam wrote: »
    amended results 1 to 509 on msbac.ie

damn it, that brings me down to 20.29 :mad::mad::mad:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

*Snip*

Ignore me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Common Sense

I would like people on this board to know that a tremendous amount of work was done by Mary Friel who has literally studied the video frame by frame to obtain the results received. Once again, I wish to apologise on behalf of the Committee of MSB for the mess which was 100% outside our control.

Advertisement