Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids AC Patricks w'end 5k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Just registered for this one.. Was good fun last year, especially the Baily for a pint directly after...

21:20 in 2010, so hoping for 19:50 this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Just entered this one, It's my first 5K race, My best time for 5K was 24:12 which I recorded for the first 5K of the Raheny Shamrocks 5m the year so I would be hoping to get under 24 minutes which would be brilliant....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Signed up for this, hoping to beat my 5km pb of 20.50 from Bob Heffernan/Na Fianna 5km last year. Fingers crossed!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

RayCun wrote: »
    Here.
    Winner finished in 14.10, last person finished in just under 53 minutes.

53 mins? Grand, I think I can manage that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

We went to Carluccio's afterwards for lunch last year - it was great, several groups with runners there. I've asked them on their FB page if they'll do a deal for participants and they said they will see what they can do , so you might want to like their page if you fancy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I registered for this almost a month ago and in the email I received, it said race details would be sent on within 5 days. However I've not received anything.

Anyone else who registered and paid got details about this race yet from the organisers?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

G-Money wrote: »
    I registered for this almost a month ago and in the email I received, it said race details would be sent on within 5 days. However I've not received anything.

My mail said the same thing, but I haven't received anything else since.

There's not much more they need to send on, to be honest, just your race number. The route will probably be the same as last time, but they might need to get a final sign-off on the route and road closures?

RayCun wrote: »
    My mail said the same thing, but I haven't received anything else since.

There's not much more they need to send on, to be honest, just your race number. The route will probably be the same as last time, but they might need to get a final sign-off on the route and road closures?

You are probably right. However I was trying to find the time the thing is supposed to start at and it was then that I realised I hadn't received any more info.

According to the mail I got, we have to collect our race number from 9am on the day.

The race starts at noon. Number collection is open from 9am, and will probably stay open until about 11.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Yep, did this race for last 3 years and nothing to worry about, Id say. Everything is well very organised. Number collection usually in the round room in the Mansion house, which is pretty cool. Pints in the Baily 100 yards from the finish line is cooler still... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just entered this too, fancy a lash at my 5k PB [which since I have only run one 5k, has never been challenged, went onto longer distances right away].

I will make it a speed session before [or during?] a longer run or something, as thats only 2 weeks before connemara half, so I will need to do a long run that day.

I will make it a speed session before [or during?] a longer run or something, as thats only 2 weeks before connemara half, so I will need to do a long run that day.

Build up your miles in the next few weeks, but just race the 5k. If you go for it properly that will give your legs a good workout, a few slow miles afterwards won't give you much benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

hi hoping somebody will be kind enough to help an old man - I've tried to register for this race on the club web-site but I'm not sure I'm doing it right......once you fill in the initial registration details how do you pay or move onto the next screen or something......?!
    (I fully appreciate this is probably a bit pathetic :o)
    many thanks
    LL

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

you should be able to see a "Continue" button at the bottom right - just under the "Enter Club" field?

I mailed them and they said the details should be sent out around the 1st of March. They said the race numbers would be sent out then but I guess we still have to go pick up the actual number on paper and stuff on the day.

runrabbit wrote: »
    you should be able to see a "Continue" button at the bottom right - just under the "Enter Club" field?
    Thanks ! The "continue" button doesnt appear on my screen for some reason but I have managed to progress to the next screen by just clicking randomly on the space.
    Next problem is I cant see the "continue" button on the next screen to go forward to Paypal - anyone able to help me out by telling me where on the 2confirm your registration" page the "continue" button is ??
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

it's below and to the right of "Add Club" (directly below "Add Club" is a "go back" option).

If you try on a different browser you might have more luck?

runrabbit wrote: »
    it's below and to the right of "Add Club" (directly below "Add Club" is a "go back" option).

If you try on a different browser you might have more luck?
    it did - thanks a million !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Lex Luther wrote: »
    hi hoping somebody will be kind enough to help an old man - I've tried to register for this race on the club web-site but I'm not sure I'm doing it right......once you fill in the initial registration details how do you pay or move onto the next screen or something......?!
    (I fully appreciate this is probably a bit pathetic :o)
    many thanks
    LL

Jesus Derek, where you been?

tunguska wrote: »
    Jesus Derek, where you been?
    took 8 weeks off after new york Eoin ( 3 weeks fed up and depressed, 3 weeks didn't feel like running and 2 weeks weather related). Back training since 1/1......getting there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Lex Luther wrote: »
    took 8 weeks off after new york Eoin ( 3 weeks fed up and depressed, 3 weeks didn't feel like running and 2 weeks weather related). Back training since 1/1......getting there !

Great stuff. Glad you're back. Your first race will be a big test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Getting really excited for this race now, just registered! Hopefully the weather will be good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Anyone have a course map for it?

itchyblood wrote: »
    Anyone have a course map for it?

probably the same as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Ive just entered for this. I will have race 3 of the Urban Trail the week before, so this is the first time Im racing on successive weekends. Having read earlier the course is pretty flat hope to improve my 5k PB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

If its the same course as the last couple of years and the weather is fair, tis a lovely course and PBs are possible. All i require is 2 seconds to make me very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

chinguetti wrote: »
    If its the same course as the last couple of years and the weather is fair, tis a lovely course and PBs are possible. All i require is 2 seconds to make me very happy.

It'll be tough for you to get a PB Chinguetti with my elbow in your jaw!

(Just remembered, i have to get ahead of you first - there goes that plan....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RAL3 wrote: »
    It'll be tough for you to get a PB Chinguetti with my elbow in your jaw!

(Just remembered, i have to get ahead of you first - there goes that plan....)

No problem, he usually starts back in the field so just keep an eye out for him as he comes flying by* :pac:

* I may actually give you a hand in your endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hello RAL3 and Meno.

Look lads, i'll turn up and give it a bash but the bad calf is playing up again and i'm spending more time in the pool trying to swim and at work these days working long hours that the running is a long way down the pecking order. But if i pass ye out, i'll give ye a quick hello and i'll be focused on the elbows.

Yours,

the poor mouth

• Advertisement

I'd love to get under 40 minutes for this but I'm doubting myself. I'm back training more or less regularly for the past week or so and I've changed up my training routes to run on footpaths now rather than doing 20 laps of that park. However with these new routes the fastest I've went is about 41 minutes 20 seconds.

At the very least I hope to beat my OT 5K time which was 42 minutes 20 seconds, which included that nasty hill and a distinct lack of training in the preceeding 2 or 3 weeks.

Advertisement