Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids AC Patricks w'end 5k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Awful race for me. Had to stop even at one point. Annoyed with myself.

It was a great, well organised race though. Lovely weather for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Well organised race but I did not put in a good run! Felt woosey and legs left like jelly at the start, for a minute, thought I might actually have to stop and find a first-aid station or something. Moment passed though and I got around, waiting for offical times to go up but according to my garmin I did it in sub 27 mins which is what I was aiming for. Of course now I thinking, if I had have been feeling 100% and ran well, what time could I have done! :p

Oh and nice to get a t-shirt that fits instead of x-large for everyone!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Well done folks. Was standing at the finish line, thanks to seeing Mitril and going to chat to him it looks like I'm going to be in the background of everyones finish photos too. :rolleyes:

Good day for racing, some good fast times.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Great race in sunshine, a wee breeze but well organised & a grand day out plus goody bag for €15, bargain. Thanks to Metro St.B & all others who helped make this a special run.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Not a great race for me. Was at 11.07 at 3 k (well up on a PB time) and 400 mts later, i had to stop because of a back spam so my hope of a sub 19 went with it. Had to stop a further two times due to the pain so i toddle home in 19.33.

Well organised as always and a nice day for it. Saw RayCun and DotComDolly before the start and hope they got their target times. RAL3 did a savage time.

Saw xebec taking photos so if you have one of me, delete it please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

anyone know when the chip times are available online? I was so busy chatting at the start that I forgot to set up my Garmin.
    Fantastic race, very, very well organised. Great goody bag, great atmosphere and hopefully a PB.....
    Congrats to everyone who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

Excellently organised race, nice atmosphere and a lovely flat course. Wonderful value for €15. Went out far too fast as usual (will I EVER learn?!) and found the middle part of the race tough going. Put the foot to the floor for the last km and, surprisingly, was able to finish fairly strongly. PB of 21.23 on my Garmin which I'm delighted with. Think my chip time might be a tad quicker as I forgot to stop the watch for a few seconds at the end. Loved the marshals calling out the km times. Nice touch. Big well done and thanks to all involved. Ed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I loved them calling out the distances and times, went very slow myself but still got what I was aiming for :D
    curious to see the chip times when they are up ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Marthastew wrote: »
    anyone know when the chip times are available online? I was so busy chatting at the start that I forgot to set up my Garmin.
    Fantastic race, very, very well organised. Great goody bag, great atmosphere and hopefully a PB.....
    Congrats to everyone who took part.

results can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Very well organised race, great atmosphere, on an nice fast flat course. Got home in a new pb of 17:40, very happy with the time, bit windy round Wilton Terrace.

Excellent value for €15. Would highly recommend this race. If there was a poll I would give this race a 5.

Just checked the results, Top 50 overall. Great running by Mark Christie to win in 14:19, hopefully it's a sign of a good summer season. Kerry Harty was a clear winner in the ladies. Very quick with the results, another plus for the race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Delighted with that. First race and 26:09

Very well organised and great atmosphere. Very well done to the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Great day for it
    Very well organised, no real complaints, just two pet peeves: the sheer numbers, (it makes for a tough first km and a half) and personally don't like the times at the km because unless you are an elite the time is invariably out- I was using the garmin so I knew my time but it still sort of deflates you to hear a time that you know isn't true.
    Goody bag was nice/
    Pb by about 54 sec- 21.57 delighted with myself
    Overall a super race and considering the city centre location and the numbers they run it fantastically well

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ross Millaney

Fantastic event!

Got 20.33 for my first ever 5k.

Haven't ever raced further than 400m before so was a great experience zooming around the streets. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Great value, great race. Great day.
    One annoying thing was watching 2 foreign women pocket a whole tray of clubmilks from one table to the next. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I really enjoyed it! It was only my third ever race, and compared to the Flora mini marathon it wasn't crowded at all. Really great atmosphere -- loved the motorbikes leading us out! Great goodie bag & nice t-shirt. Thanks MSB!

I think I ran ok -- i was very thirsty at about 4k as I hadn't reckoned on the sun! I've checked the results page, and my chip time isn't there. My friends' are, so could mine just have been left out by mistake?

Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it! It was only my third ever race, and compared to the Flora mini marathon it wasn't crowded at all. Really great atmosphere -- loved the motorbikes leading us out! Great goodie bag & nice t-shirt. Thanks MSB!

I think I ran ok -- i was very thirsty at about 4k as I hadn't reckoned on the sun! I've checked the results page, and my chip time isn't there. My friends' are, so could mine just have been left out by mistake?

Thanks!

Did you hand in your chip ?

Yes, I did hand it in. just after I crossed the line I gave it to a steward who was collecting them. maybe it wasn't activated for some reason. Anyway, I can work it out based on my friend's chip & real time, and it was about 26.20, so I'm, happy with that! (I'd love to see it on the timing site, though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I've checked the results page, and my chip time isn't there.
    Same here, the chip was taken from the back of the number the second I crossed the line, and there were 2 or 3 others looking at it afterwards, ensuring I did not forget to give it in, so its not like there was anything to hand in.

Maybe they are uploading in batches, that would make sense, as there are 1300 up there now, and they were talking like 2000 people were taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

If time is missing from results check back later this evening as may get updated. If still missing contact organisers email and they can add you to results. Happens from time to time

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Yes, I did hand it in. just after I crossed the line I gave it to a steward who was collecting them. maybe it wasn't activated for some reason. Anyway, I can work it out based on my friend's chip & real time, and it was about 26.20, so I'm, happy with that! (I'd love to see it on the timing site, though!)

Didnt mean to sound smart, just was so out of it when i finished i would have forgot if the guy hadnt taken mine!
    it might show up later :)

• Advertisement

Thanks very much! I'll check back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

I know we've been through this before......:rolleyes: but can someone explain/confirm the various classifications/positions etc on the chip timing?

Pos: I take it this is your number crossing the finish line regardless of whether you are faster than the people before you?

Pos M/F: Position in male or female based on your order crossing the finish line

Pos Cat: position in your age and sex category based on your order

Question: elites aside does why is order crossing the finish line rather than time the criterion that defines your position?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

chinguetti wrote: »
    Not a great race for me. Was at 11.07 at 3 k (well up on a PB time) and 400 mts later, i had to stop because of a back spam so my hope of a sub 19 went with it. Had to stop a further two times due to the pain so i toddle home in 19.33.

Well organised as always and a nice day for it. Saw RayCun and DotComDolly before the start and hope they got their target times. RAL3 did a savage time.

Saw xebec taking photos so if you have one of me, delete it please.

Just not your week Chinguetti with the car as well, spotted you at the turn into Leeson St but you were in reverse at that stage, I was wondering how I was able to catch you.

I finished up with 18:56, big pb for me so very happy - hope the back is ok.

Don't worry, the fact that I beat you (minor detail of you being crippled forgotten already) will never be raised again.............

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

This was a superbly organised race - I couldn't fault it! Even the weather was fabulous! It was great to run through the streets and I even got to run past my office.

Unfortunately the weather worked against me as I am not built for the heat so I was disappointed with my time - it was a PB but only just. I should have shaved a bit more off my time given the great course. However I finished well into the top half of the field so I'm happy with that (it's a different story at the local races I usually do - I'm generally in the last 10 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Well, I've completed my first ever race :).

I was impressed - it was organised very well. I liked the time calls at the each kilometer. The water in the goodie bag was welcome when I finished.

I'm hoping to do a 10k in a couple of months in under an hour - so I've a fair amount of work to do, I finished in 30.02.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I did this with my little one, and even though it was more walking than running, I really enjoyed this. It's great to have such a well organised race in the centre of town that you can run with the kids. She found it tough but said she enjoyed it (after we'd finished and she had forgotten the pain :rolleyes:)

Lovely day, great race, fab weather! Congrats to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

A great race, superb goody bag etc the only thing I can fault was by own performance on the day. WAY slower than last year. I got a stitch in my side about half way around preceded by a stitch in my collarbone/neck which I have suffered before, had to keep stopping for that.
    I am actually embarrassed, a friend who's first race it was came in 20secs ahead of me :mad:
    I have high hopes that next weeks chi running workshop is going to turn things around because this was no fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

+1 on all the previous positive comments on this race. Its very well organised, great atmosphere, nice goody bag and you couldn't have asked for better weather. If there was a poll, it would be a definite 5 from me.

Thanks to MSB and the volunteers for a great day and congrats to everyone who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭oldrunner

Same here, the chip was taken from the back of the number the second I crossed the line, and there were 2 or 3 others looking at it afterwards, ensuring I did not forget to give it in, so its not like there was anything to hand in.

Maybe they are uploading in batches, that would make sense, as there are 1300 up there now, and they were talking like 2000 people were taking part.

Same here - I am not listed. I should have been first m50. So, I am dropped from results and dropped from prizes. It might also affect the team scores.

I have sent email.

Was TDS the company that Raheny used, where loads of people never got their results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Well-organised race, it was a nice touch to have the magicians, clowns etc around the mansion house, made it less boring for the kids, and the bags were good. The start was congested, as always - met Ral3 before the gun and we were both marvelling at the gang of kids lined up a little in front of us - I passed the last of them about 200 metres in, he was gasping to his mate "remember, it's 5k we haven't done one yet" :rolleyes::)

Also pretty sure I saw someone taking a shortcut - saw a guy leaving the route along the canal, saw what looked like the same guy walking along by the Conrad and then joining in to the race again :rolleyes:

Anyway, finished myself in 20.22 :( Went out too fast, couldn't hold onto the pace, especially along the canal, and had nothing at all left for the end. Still a massive PB though, from 21.55 at the Jingle Bells...

Advertisement