Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids AC Patricks w'end 5k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Does anybody know the numbers expected for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

About 1200 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

1,700 ran in 2010 & just judging from the number of people I know running on Sunday, I'd expect a bigger field this year. Well organised race & it's great to dash around the city centre roads.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

So who's in for this run and anyone up for a few sociables afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

shazkea wrote: »
    So who's in for this run and anyone up for a few sociables afterwards?

Well the question is then, are you buying? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I might come in to cheers youse all on and could be persuaded to accompany you all to a pint afterwards :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I should be doing this too, as a previous poster said, good to get to run around the city roads in a big and well organised race.

Would be tempted very easily into a scoop or two afterwards :)

Does anyone have a route map for this? Always getting lost in Dublin & twould be worse still during a race.

This is the route they've used the last couple of years

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

AJCOT wrote: »
    Does anyone have a route map for this? Always getting lost in Dublin & twould be worse still during a race.

I suppose following everyone else would get you there that was my plan :eek:

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »

Thanks for that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

chinguetti wrote: »
    Well the question is then, are you buying? :D

Absolutely, there's pint of Miwadi with your name on it :p

So where's a good spot - Dohenys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I signed up for this :eek:
    Total newb, never done a race/fun fun before - no idea what to expect.
    My aim....not to be last...reality, we'll see!

Stupid questions, I'm sure :o

How do I attach the number to my top - do I bring safety pins or what :confused:?

How early would I need to get to the mansion house to sign in - would 10.30-11 be too late?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

juke wrote: »
    How do I attach the number to my top - do I bring safety pins or what :confused:?

How early would I need to get to the mansion house to sign in - would 10.30-11 be too late?

Thanks!

You will be given 4 pins with your number. Attach to the front of your t-shirt. 11 am would give you plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

Hi folks,

Best of luck to all running tomorrow`s race. Think I`m going to give it a bash. Will decide for sure in the morning. Been hampered by a bit of a groin strain over the last week so training has been almost non-existant since 11th March. Seems to have settled down a bit and had a light jog on Thursday with no real ill-effects apart from a bit of stiffness so we`ll see how things are tomorrow. Had been hoping to go sub 21.30 for a PB but would be happy enough with sub 22.30 considering. Just wondering if anyone else had a problem regarding the cofirmation email with details of registration times etc? I didn`t receive anything. Rang them and they said it had been sent according to their records. If it ended up in my spam I may well have deleted it by accident. They did text me on my race number. Is there anything that was in the email that I might need to know for tomorrow? Don`t really want to be ringing them again as I`m sure they`re mad busy. What are bag drop arrangements, registration times, etc? Thanks a million and again have a good one tomorrow. :) Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Here is the exact message. Nothing too exciting

Thank you for supporting our 5K FESTIVAL ROAD RACE
    Your number may be collected from the PRE-REGISTRATION table at the race HQ, Mansion House, Dawson Street from 9.30 a.m. on race day
    Your race details as supplied are as follows;
    <Name>
    Category:
    Your race number is xxx

To assist the collection of your race number, please print this email and bring it with you on race day

Forward

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

RayCun wrote: »

Thanks Ray...a bit of a long stretch along the canal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EdMoses

huskerdu wrote: »
    Here is the exact message. Nothing too exciting

Thank you for supporting our 5K FESTIVAL ROAD RACE
    Your number may be collected from the PRE-REGISTRATION table at the race HQ, Mansion House, Dawson Street from 9.30 a.m. on race day
    Your race details as supplied are as follows;
    <Name>
    Category:
    Your race number is xxx

To assist the collection of your race number, please print this email and bring it with you on race day

Forward

Thanks a lot for that. Have a good one. Ed.

Can one register for this in the morning? Have a long run planned but might do this after...

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

REgistered there an hour before the cut off

• Advertisement

Can one register for this in the morning? Have a long run planned but might do this after...

Yes, it's 20 euro on the day

Thanks Ray, I'll see how legs are like after 30K for an easy 5 around the city

Does anybody know if there is a bag drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Thanks Ray, I'll see how legs are like after 30K for an easy 5 around the city

Does anybody know if there is a bag drop?

Yes, in the Mansion House

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Anyone going sub 20mins?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Are there sub station markers for the starting line? I wanna try and get in around the sub 21 or 22 mark. Feeling the nerves now for this race! Excited!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Best of luck to everyone doing this tomorrow :)

itchyblood wrote: »
    Are there sub station markers for the starting line? I wanna try and get in around the sub 21 or 22 mark. Feeling the nerves now for this race! Excited!

No (and on the races I've seen them, everyone ignores them). You'd want to start 3/400 people from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

JosDel wrote: »
    Looking forward to the this race so much, It's my 1st 5k...ran 24:12 for the 1st 5k in the Raheny 5m...So hoping to break 24 min...going to set my garmin up for milage and run 1.04 miles every 8 mins...Thats the plan...

Great race really enjoyed, well organised..tea & biscuits afterwards were nice.....

My finishing time on my garmin was 24:17..at 3 miles I was on 7:40 pace 23 mins but when I checked my garmin at the finish it was 3:17 miles...at 3:11 miles was 23:48 so I'm
    not to sure if this counts as a new PB..a well I had a great race I paced the race at 07:40, target was 07:43 so I'm a happy camper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I enjoyed it too. Well organised, and a good atmosphere.

My Garmin said I ran 5.14km in 23m 36s
    Interesting to see what my chip time is.

I was aiming for sub 25 minutes, so delighted that I managed to beat this by a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

The most enjoyable race experience for me so far, by a long way.

No drama at all, loads of volunteers eager to help, every step excellently organised and generally totally smooth and pleasant out on the course [I *loved* the marshals calling out the time at the kilometer markers].

I dont care what anyone else says or what details may annoy some folks, I loved this and will be doing this race every year from now on :) [and its all about me, at the end of the day].

I wanted to get under 25 minutes, and my Garmin said I did it in 22.55, which is a massive PB and I'm elated with that.

Advertisement