Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro St Brigids AC Patricks w'end 5k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

RayCun wrote: »
    Well-organised race, it was a nice touch to have the magicians, clowns etc around the mansion house, made it less boring for the kids, and the bags were good. The start was congested, as always - met Ral3 before the gun and we were both marvelling at the gang of kids lined up a little in front of us - I passed the last of them about 200 metres in, he was gasping to his mate "remember, it's 5k we haven't done one yet" :rolleyes::)

Also pretty sure I saw someone taking a shortcut - saw a guy leaving the route along the canal, saw what looked like the same guy walking along by the Conrad and then joining in to the race again :rolleyes:

Anyway, finished myself in 20.22 :( Went out too fast, couldn't hold onto the pace, especially along the canal, and had nothing at all left for the end. Still a massive PB though, from 21.55 at the Jingle Bells...

Great PB- fair play
    Think I saw the same fellow- thought he was injured? Wearing long white socks? He walked up the Green and I spotted him again at the Shelbourne where he did sort of look like he was thinking of running again-

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bigdreams

Excellent day out for all that took part in the city today. I would love to see a few more events like this on the streets of our capital city along with the Ladies Mini-marathon and DCM.It really feels great to be part of the running community in Ireland and experience these wonderful events.

With regards to the official chip timing of todays event - I think their website is having problems! According to my stopwatch I ran today in 22.10 but on their website it has me down for just under 37 minutes. Chip was taken from me after I crossed the line. Anyone else having a similar problem? It's a little annoying when your name&details show up 15 mins late!

Well done to all who took part and big thanks to organisers/volunteers. Will be encouraging many people to run this in future years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Did anyone see the nasty fall that happened on Merrion Square, it was a hundred metres or so behind me & sounded bad. Hope the runner is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Question: elites aside does why is order crossing the finish line rather than time the criterion that defines your position?
    This is in accordance with IAAF rules. After the Irish Runner 4.9 mile race last year I posted that the results were in the wrong order (I expected net run time order, not crossing the line order). I was very quickly corrected by a guy from TDS with a link to the IAAF rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 InsaneBolt

Hi Boardies,

On behalf of MSB I'd like to thank you for all your positive posts about today's race. There was a lot of hard work done behind the scenes to put on this event. But, it wouldn't be such a success without you guys and the walkers, joggers and kiddies showing up and helping us look good. Fair play, spread the word for March 18th 2012.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

feeling like a muppet but where on msbc site are the results, cant find them :confused:
    great race today, lovely buzz around town, generous goody bag, sun shining, fast course...couldnt ask for more !

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

First event I've entered and have to say it was well organised with a decent goodie bag. I handed my chip in at the end but it doesnt appear on the results website :confused: Bit disappointed with that to be honest, the clock had just hit 23 min as I crossed the line but would really have liked to know what chip time was.

Why do lots of walkers start up near the front as well? There was plenty of announcements saying walkers should stay near the back, is this always the case at races? I know it was very much a fun event but I thought that was a bit rude, it would be like me starting up with the elites.

Anyway roll on next week and the wicklow 10K :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Results at http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp?login=&password=&is_domenica=0&nextRaceId=&dpbib=&dpcat=&dpsex=&id=3912&pageType=1&servizio=000&locale=2057#

Site keeps crashing. Too busy at the moment so wait until later if you don't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ac20

Very well organised race. Facepainters and balloons for the kids were great . Im still munching on the contents of the goody bags.

However, I ran an absolute stinker, its my 9th race in all since last Sept and its the first time Ive finished disappointed with my performance. Went off way to fast (4.14 for the first 1km) and paid the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

ac20 wrote: »
    Very well organised race. Facepainters and balloons for the kids were great . Im still munching on the contents of the goody bags.

However, I ran an absolute stinker, its my 9th race in all since last Sept and its the first time Ive finished disappointed with my performance. Went off way to fast (4.14 for the first 1km) and paid the price.

I think alot of people did that to try and get away from the bulk of people and into some space. Spent the last 1.5k with a stitch for my troubles and embarrassed to see all the people sprinting past me in the last 100m.

Live and learn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

What a brilliant day out and well-organised race. I really enjoyed it and it was only my second race ever. Before Christmas I did 23:11 in the Jingle Bells, but today I did 20:20 so I'm absolutely delighted to have taken off nearly 3 mins! A new PB for me:)

The website says my time was 20:39 or something, but that definitely isn't my time. Well done to everyone involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

Great race and fab weather! Seriously though what is it with these chip timings in general? Every race i do there seems to be issues! like my time was 18.48, and it has on these results 37min?! Ha my friends think im lying every race!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Tds are useless. Same crap in raheny race. Was there ever an apology re this made? Shame peoples day ends on a low with a non time or worse still a time slower. Use a new system folks like champion chip etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Novice question here but which is my offical time the 'time' or the 'real time'?

I am guessing the 'time' is from the moment when the race started to the time I crossed the finish line and the 'real time' is from when I crossed the start line to when I crossed the finish line.....:confused:

thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

spaceylou wrote: »
    Novice question here but which is my offical time the 'time' or the 'real time'?

I am guessing the 'time' is from the moment when the race started to the time I crossed the finish line and the 'real time' is from when I crossed the start line to when I crossed the finish line.....:confused:

thanks!

that's it :)
    real time is line to line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

thanks bluewolf and is the real time the offical chip time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Any photos of this yet?

I found this:

http://lindie.zenfolio.com/p909325700

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fleagle

Great race. First time for me and was delighted to finish in 27:37. Was impressed with the whole organisation and set-up - great day out for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭seedorf117

violator13 wrote: »
    Tds are useless. Same crap in raheny race. Was there ever an apology re this made? Shame peoples day ends on a low with a non time or worse still a time slower. Use a new system folks like champion chip etc.

ye sure checked the brigids website there, im not even listed? i mean f**k sake, thats 3 races in the past while its happened. By my watch i should be 83, really annoys me! Anyways great race, great organisation and good to see lots of people taking part!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

Great Day and a great race but id echo the comments made about tds in this instance. Im not listed at all, My wife is but her time and real time are identical when there should approx 20 seconds difference and my friend is liste as being 12 minutes slower than she was.

But Hats off to MSBAC for a well organised event - I even beat my previous best from the last time I did it in 2008 by a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

I'd add my voice to the others about how well this race was run, from nice-clean start for club runners, to km shout-outs, and nice cup of tea and a biscuit at the end.
    However, I too haven't got a result, and on the MSB website they state they are provisional results. Does anybody know if they will know if the crossing-the-line order will be incorporated, so I at least get a place if not a to-the-second time?
    daymobrew wrote: »
    This is in accordance with IAAF rules. After the Irish Runner 4.9 mile race last year I posted that the results were in the wrong order (I expected net run time order, not crossing the line order). I was very quickly corrected by a guy from TDS with a link to the IAAF rules.

Also, any other photos about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great race yesterday, so well organised. Lovely goody bag too. Like others said, a bit conjested at the start with walkers lining up too near the front. Maybe the organisers might organise signs with possible finishing times on the lamposts near the starting line, like the Rathfarnham 5k - it is helpful for newbies who might not be aware of where they should line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

surfjunky wrote: »
    Also, any other photos about?

Mine are up on RacePix.com now, took a while to show up... Only about 100 there but a mix throughout the field to finishers >40 mins.

Don't think I caught too many Boardsies but here's one of them warming up:

5543859167_e6e41de468.jpg

Edit: should have mentioned that mine are not searchable by number, didn't have time to tag them all so have a quick look through if you did the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

xebec wrote: »
    Mine are up on RacePix.com now, took a while to show up... Only about 100 there but a mix throughout the field to finishers >40 mins.

Don't think I caught too many Boardsies

Can just about make out me in the background of one, on the last corner. Given it was my first race, and the given the stage of the race when it was taken, no harm not to be able to make out my "purple" features :pac: :o !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Great PB- fair play
    Think I saw the same fellow- thought he was injured? Wearing long white socks? He walked up the Green and I spotted him again at the Shelbourne where he did sort of look like he was thinking of running again-

Different guy, I think.
    I could be wrong, of course, oxygen deprivation was setting in at this point, but I saw someone walking off the course around the canal, and someone walking beside the course and then joining in later on. It looked like the same guy, and there was a potential shortcut along Leeson Street to be taken.
    I just don't know why anyone would do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭surfjunky

Credit where credit is due. I posted in this thread about not getting a time for the race, you know yourself it is quite annoying. I emailed a polite message to MSB and last night got a lovely reply from them saying they were very annoyed themselves and they're looking back over the video footage from the race to correct the anomalies in the tagging system. Very professional response, hats off to MSB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Me too! thanks MSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

MSB have put the following message on their website.

"Apologies to anyone who fails to appear in the results as a large number of chips appear to have failed to register at the finish line. We have been in contact with the company who supplied the timing and in the mean time we will be endeavouring to correct as many ommissions as possible. - If you are one of the unfortunates we woud be greatful if you could send details of your approx. finishing time and any details of participants who finished in front or behind you to; maryfriel@msbac.ie"

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I took part on Sunday. It was my first 5K and I must echo all the comments on how brilliantly organised it was. Finished in 20:39 which I was delighted with but man, I have to learn to start off easier:o I thought I was going to collapse at 3K:mad:. Hats off to all involved for a briliant day. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭OldBloke

surfjunky wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due. I posted in this thread about not getting a time for the race, you know yourself it is quite annoying. I emailed a polite message to MSB and last night got a lovely reply from them saying they were very annoyed themselves and they're looking back over the video footage from the race to correct the anomalies in the tagging system. Very professional response, hats off to MSB!

I did the same and got a similar response - all credit to them.

Advertisement