Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you allow 5yr old son dress as girl?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Biggins wrote: »

Fecks sake, thanks so so much for that story, Biggins. I always like to start the New Year with a good cry. :(:( That is absolutely heartbreaking. The poor little chap and for me, it shows that there isn't life after death or a God because his mother would have fought the hounds of hell to come back and put a stop to it and any God that thought that was a character building exercise for the child should be obliterated. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Jake1 wrote: »
    personally, there is no way in hell I would indulge the little boy. The parents are now parading the young fella around the talk show circuit.
    he is now known as the Little Princess Boy. WTF??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KiFRAX1v9I&feature=player_embedded#!

My brother did it once when he was 5... came out 13 years later that he was gay...

was no shock really...

...so

Problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Why stop there?

A good ride up the ass would teach 'em not to be so ghey.

Do you often think about riding 5 year olds? :confused:

I wonder if the same mother who is all for 'ACCEPTANCE '( hate that f***ing word), would allow, if she had one, a 12-13 year old girl, hang out the back garden with a load of male friends, with no tshirt on, just cos the boys do it, so it should be okay>=?

I mean by the same token, the girl should be allowed to dress as a boy in this instance right? or would she find that a difference too far.??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Thats just awful.

Shouldn't be dressing a 5 year old up like that and parading him around, he'll have serious issues when he's older.

Putting a dress on a boy and forcing him on national TV shows is NOT the same as a girl wearing a pair of pants, get real.

Poor kid. Some parents just have no sense and shouldn't be allowed ever have children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

gurramok wrote: »
    99% of the girl/women population wear mens clothes every day, they can't all want to be boys?

Lesbianism must be on the rampage then:rolleyes::D

That's what I mean, it is accepted that women can dress like men (bar suits and ties) whereas it isn't so much for the other way around, in fact it is more for ridicule than anything else when men dress as women. Brendan O Carroll and Nordy comedians for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

emzolita wrote: »
    everyONE of the little boys wears the princess dresses, or plays with the dolls at some stage every week.

jaysus! do the boys voluntarily put on the princess dresses or do ye dress them up for the laugh

There are no male staff working in this pre-school right?

My brother did it once when he was 5... came out 13 years later that he was gay...

was no shock really...

...so

Problem?

Problem? . I have no problem with gay men or women.
    But did your parents take your brother into town or out visitng relatives dressed as a girl???

Did he wear a bikini going swimming with his mates? I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

my parents (goddam hippys) never cut our hair untill we asked for it so my little brother had long flowing locks untill he was about 3.5 when he finally got the chop.

for a while he thought that he was actually a girl when he had long hair and only became a boy when he got it cut. It was gas he used to refer to his previous life as a girl "mammy remember when i was a girl..."

he's 18 now and i still slag him over it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

but why?if its no big deal for girls to wear items that were traditionally male attire then why is it such an issue for boys to wear clothes that were traditionally female attire?

KG, in all fairness, kids just want to be comfortable and there are certain clothes that are unisex....jeans, t-shirts and trainers being some examples.

A young girl wearing jeans and a t-shirts looks cute and comfortable.
    A grown woman wearing these items will look attractive.

A young boy wearing a dress might look somewhat cute but only in the "let's dress up" sense or "pantomime" sense.
    A grown man in a dress doesn't really look attractive at all, now does he?

Certain items that were predominantly the territory of females have slowly over time become unisex e.g. earrings, long-hair (the Beatles were derided because their hair was "so long" in the 60's....those naysayers would have had a heart-attack if they saw Whitesnake or Motley Crue), bracelets, etc.
    Men wear kilts, sarongs, etc and can look cool. But I don't think a boy in a frock is ever going to be normal.

• Advertisement

Kimono girl, so if you have a girl, and she hits puberty, would you allow her to hang around with her boy mates in summer time without her top? after all, a lot of boys and men can walk around topless. Do you think teenage girls should be allowed to do the same?
    Or is there a cut off point for people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

TheZohan wrote: »
    Do you often think about riding 5 year olds? :confused:

No.

I also don't think about kicking them up the hole either.

I don't advocate any form of violence towards children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

amacca wrote: »
    jaysus! do the boys voluntarily put on the princess dresses or do ye dress them up for the laugh

There are no male staff working in this pre-school right?

No we dress them up on Princess Day, it's usually a Thurs...
    of course its voluntarily. there's a dress up area that they can put on any of the costumes in it at free-play time. the boys often go for the princesses or the fairy etc. I wouldn't let any of them go outside in it tho.

of course its voluntarily. there's a dress up area that they can put on any of the costumes in it at free-play time. the boys often go for the princesses or the fairy etc. I wouldn't let any of them go outside in it tho.

Ill bet there are not too many parents who drop the kid off dressed like girls either.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Jake1 wrote: »
    Kimono girl, so if you have a girl, and she hits puberty, would you allow her to hang around with her boy mates in summer time without her top? after all, a lot of boys and men can walk around topless. Do you think teenage girls should be allowed to do the same?
    Or is there a cut off point for people?

i would believe the cut off would be when things become of a sexual nature...

he's 5, he's not doing anything other 5 year olds haven't done, his parents are making a big issue over nothing, regardless of what he does when he is older, i would have no problems letting my 5 year old (if i had a boy) wear a princess dress, i wouldn't drag him on tv because of it either!

just like my daughter can if she wants to, play with action men, just like when i was young and i watched turtles, batman...etc this gender/sexuality deciding at ridiculous ages is just that, ridiculous!

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Should he shoplift his dresses rather than his parents providing them for him? :D

For a period of about 500 years in most cultures boys wore dresses, petticoats and long hair up till the age of around seven when they were breached.

The custom of breeching boys

Also someone commented on the subject saying that they hadn't watched the entire video. Either watch the bloody thing and comment or don't comment because those comments don't make sense. :rolleyes:

Freudian slip?

breached, breach·ing, breach·es
    v.tr. 1. To make a hole or gap in; break through.
    2. To break or violate

:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Fecks sake, thanks so so much for that story, Biggins. I always like to start the New Year with a good cry. :(:( That is absolutely heartbreaking. The poor little chap and for me, it shows that there isn't life after death or a God because his mother would have fought the hounds of hell to come back and put a stop to it and any God that thought that was a character building exercise for the child should be obliterated. :mad:

Eh no it doesn't, any more than "look at that pretty flower" means there is one
    A young girl wearing jeans and a t-shirts looks cute and comfortable.
    A grown woman wearing these items will look attractive.

A young boy wearing a dress might look somewhat cute but only in the "let's dress up" sense or "pantomime" sense.
    Of course not, because it's not currently the societal norm.
    If it ever became the norm, a lot of people might find it attractive.

It will be interesting to see how many little boys we see wearing communion dresses this year.:)

Conor D wrote: »
    When addressing this issue it is worth knowing that both Ernest Hemmingway & Jack Nicholson were dressed in girls clothes when they were young boys.

Both have led amazing careers and enjoyed success with women.

Against all odds...

Do you think that it is strange that they went on to enjoy success despite being dressed as girls or is it irrelevant what they wore as children?

Each to their own I suppose. It just wouldnt be for me, allowing it.

• Advertisement

Kilts are fairly hot.

When addressing this issue it is worth knowing that both Ernest Hemmingway & Jack Nicholson were dressed in girls clothes when they were young boys.

That implies that a measure of success for men who cross dress as boys is that they have great careers & are a hit with the ladies, and by inference, any boy who doesn't have a successful career & is not a lady's man, is somehow a failure.

Not every boy will grow up to be an Ernest Hemmingway or a Jack Nicholson regardless of how they dress as a kid.

So it's not really all that worth knowing, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Hemingway was a wifebeater and topped himself. Hardly the ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

hmm..well I'm ok with princess day as you've described it I suppose

as long as there is a king day with guns and cars and tanks and drinking and gambling and mandatory screenings of platoon to balance it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

excuse me but did they call that kid Dyson ?

Like the hoover?

excuse me but did they call that kid Dyson ?

Like the hoover?

Great name for a gay man... never loses suction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Freudian slip?

breached, breach·ing, breach·es
    v.tr. 1. To make a hole or gap in; break through.
    2. To break or violate

:P

Freud wore a very nice silk slip by all accounts. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Biggins wrote: »
    He's only five for gods sake!

He's healthy, he's happy and he's having fun.

omg you are like so open minded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

aDeener wrote: »
    omg you are like so open minded
    I hope! :p

• Advertisement

And both are/were bipolar or unhinged lunatics.

Advertisement