Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you allow 5yr old son dress as girl?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Jake1 wrote: »
    so we could ALL be in agreement then? we have no problems with the boy dressing that way, just a problem with how the parents handled it.

Nope, they all need a kick up the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The parents are complete knobs. When the kid is old enough to realise this, he'll spend the rest of his life as a chronic face-palmer.

It's one thing when parents get out the old photos, to embarass you in front of your new girlfriend, but this sh1t is about ten million times worse than that.

He'll be in the news again in a few years, in cuffs and wearing orange overalls, after hammering his parents to death with a Gucci hand-bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

You missed the whole point there didnt you?:rolleyes:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Connie_c28

Have any of you read about the Swedish child Pop and parents
    http://www.thelocal.se/20232/20090623/

What would peoples opinion be on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

NothingMan wrote: »
    I'd like to comment but when I was 16 I was having a party and my sis took down my photo album and there was a picture of me in a dress doing the I'm a little teapop pose. I was quite shocked, but hey, I turned out a perfectly normal manly man.

*prances away merrily*.

LOL....that must be a common enough thing. I also have a pic of my older brother as a young kid dressed in our grandmothers clothes and hat doing I'm a little teapot...apparently it was a regular occurrence. Didn't affect him in any way either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Agree with the sentiment in the thread.
    No problem with the kid dressing as the opposite gender but parading him on TV can't be good for the kid in the future.

Also, the kid isn't going to "become" gay or "become" transgender.

Dr. Baltar wrote: »

Also, the kid isn't going to "become" gay or "become" transgender.

He might.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I think its disgusting. The child is obviously going to end up like this geezer...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__0C108yIsIQ/S1-rMnllqRI/AAAAAAAAA5c/MnpTsd8zxrI/s400/little_britain3_400_400x300.jpg

Ludo wrote: »
    LOL....that must be a common enough thing. I also have a pic of my older brother as a young kid dressed in our grandmothers clothes and hat doing I'm a little teapot...apparently it was a regular occurrence. Didn't affect him in any way either.

Bet he makes good tea tho :)

Lol, I have loads of pics of my son dressed up as kid. he actually gets a laugh out of them now. Hes is very flamboyant tho, my yun'fula..

Connie_c28 wrote: »

Christ, Im actually speechless over this one. jeez, let me take another read..
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

you think we would have gone past the stage of being sexuality retards at this stage.

I have no willy :o

Crosáidí wrote: »

A lot of people don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

at least they should learn the difference between giving a child what they want and supporting them...

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Should he shoplift his dresses rather than his parents providing them for him? :D

For a period of about 500 years in most cultures boys wore dresses, petticoats and long hair up till the age of around seven when they were breached.

The custom of breeching boys

Also someone commented on the subject saying that they hadn't watched the entire video. Either watch the bloody thing and comment or don't comment because those comments don't make sense. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Crosáidí wrote: »

some people have a willy and a fanny.

*remembers One Night in Chyna* :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He might.

:rolleyes:

No, he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Connie_c28 wrote: »

I read a similar story before about a woman doing the same with her five-year-old child and I think it's the biggest crock of sh!t ever - it's hideous to make a freak experiment of your child. It's difficult enough growing up and trying to figure yourself out - in terms of personality, sexuality, simple likes and dislikes - without your oar of a mother playing scientist. I don't really understand the benefit of it - eventually the truth will out and he/she will be responded to as either male/female by others, and how will he/she deal with that? Trying to figure out if men or women display 'male' or 'female' traits as a response to nature/nurture is a noble question and all, but I would never make a confusion of my kid's childhood to try and find the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I know that Biggins, you are not the only one to have ever crossed the doors of CCH.

Im just saying personally, I wouldnt allow it. I know hes having fun, I have no problem with that,have no problem with the way hes dressing, I know kids dress up, Ive raised two myself. the problem I have Biggins is the parents encouraging it, and then parading the child around the talk show circuit.

I think the child is being set up for serious issues later in life.

Thing is.....does he go out to play with his mates dressed up as Barbie or bloody Tinkerbell? They'd slag the bollocks out of him or maybe even work the boot on him. Does he even have mates? I remember as a child ..say 3 or 4 my mother would put tights on me and my sister and then trousers on over them. The winters in London were like Siberia in the 70's. But my ma never encouraged me to wear a goddamn dress.
    Sure this kid is having fun but something smacks of exploitation here. Reminds me of that TV show "Toddlers and Tiaras". It's fcuking grotesque. Little 5 and 6 year old girls being entered into beauty pageants with lipstick on and big hair, glamming it up for the camera in SWIMSUITS FFS!

These parents are just enabling this behaviour or else the whole thing is a hoax and they are just in it for the 15 minutes. Throw this kid a pair of runners, a pair of tatty jeans and a t-shirt and I'm sure he'd happily don them and go mucking about outside.

When my son was little, we lived around Ballybough Summerhill area. I cant even imagine the **** he would have got walking around the north inner city dressed as a little girl. The kids would have eaten him alive.

I cant see it would be any different today. probably why we dont see many little boys dressed as girls, despite some people thinking its an okay thing to do. If its so okay, why are not more parents doing so?
    Ive yet to see any little boys in Ireland dressed publicy in standard female clothing.

Mind you, Lucan is a quiet little place...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

my 1 and a half year old daughter wears jeans and rugby jersey's as well as her girly clothes, she plays with rugby balls, Lego, and cars alongside her more girly toys, is that wrong?

You daughter's a damn lesbo!!!!

I read a similar story before about a woman doing the same with her five-year-old child and I think it's the biggest crock of sh!t ever - it's hideous to make a freak experiment of your child. It's difficult enough growing up and trying to figure yourself out - in terms of personality, sexuality, simple likes and dislikes - without your oar of a mother playing scientist. I don't really understand the benefit of it - eventually the truth will out and he/she will be responded to as either male/female by others, and how will he/she deal with that? Trying to figure out if men or women display 'male' or 'female' traits as a response to nature/nurture is a noble question and all, but I would never make a confusion of my kid's childhood to try and find the answer.

I find that horrific. making your child the poster boy/girl for societal issues at 5-6 years of age.

• Advertisement

azezil wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

No, he won't.

There is every possibility that a male kid who cross-dresses will be a homosexual adult.

The possibility of that isn't increased by the fact that he cross-dresses as a child, but it is a possibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

bluewolf wrote: »
    plenty of girls dressing as boys

But that's because we all want to be like boys. There is something seriously wrong when a boy wants to be like a girl though.

It's 2011, not 1911... you think we would have gone past the stage of being sexuality retards at this stage.

Young boys wore dresses in Victorian times :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The parents were/are plonkers for their hyping up of their child and his preference maybe sometimes for what he likes to wear but yet again, as I read stories like this one (this story could break your heart):
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343948/Three-year-old-boy-spends-Christmas-home-dead-mother-thought-sleeping.html
    I just consider myself to be very lucky that my kids are for most, healthy, smiling and with as less pain in their young lives as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

TheZohan wrote: »
    A kick up the hole is what he needs.

Damn right.

Little Johnny needs a good crack on the arse to put him on the straight and narrow.

There is every possibility that a male kid who cross-dresses will be a homosexual adult.

The possibility of that isn't increased by the fact that he cross-dresses as a child, but it is a possibility.

Im pretty sure you are born Homosexaul. Unless thats changed now too.:)

TheZohan wrote: »
    Nope, they all need a kick up the hole.

Why stop there?

A good ride up the ass would teach 'em not to be so ghey.

Im pretty sure you are born Homosexaul. Unless thats changed now too.:)

There are arguments to both sides of that debate.

Personally, I also believe that you are born gay & my last post didn't state or infer otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Holy Crap! that is a load of bullsh!t.
    I work in a preschool, and everyONE of the little boys wears the princess dresses, or plays with the dolls at some stage every week.
    This is just an attention seeking mother who loves to portray that she's "accepting" of her son. ...even if that was your daughter, would ya let her wear that feckin outfit for other than dress up? the child looks like he's goin to a traveler wedding.

GRR! I hate this american, PC, all-acceptance ****e, it's fake and they all want to be "different" now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Wouldnt the kid get mega slaggings?

It is a bit weird tbh, he will wear his utd jersey and by god he'll like it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

WindSock wrote: »
    But that's because we all want to be like boys. There is something seriously wrong when a boy wants to be like a girl though

99% of the girl/women population wear mens clothes every day, they can't all want to be boys?

Lesbianism must be on the rampage then:rolleyes::D

Advertisement