Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    Balance of my account on Lombard/Cowboy/Jones treble :D

Come on!!

Get in! I needed that after 2 bad nights of darts betting :D:D:D:D

probably loose it all in the final tomorrow night :eek:

mailburner wrote: »
    gutted for dc but a wins a win

garbrandt lived up to his rep (tks el rifle)
    shame damm just wasnt worth a damn though

Ugh marquart cost me a bundle, would have had 2 nice bets come in. After he ran through Te Huna so surprised he had almost nothing for Tavares!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Any tips for this weekend to combine with a McGregor 1st round win punt? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Should be decent prices on Pendred & Paddy, Beal & Spencer both would be the better fighters imo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Any tips for this weekend to combine with a McGregor 1st round win punt? :o

rosa at 8/11

less than a weeks notice and he took siver all the way
    the boston strangler will strangle soriano in front of his home crowd :D

better fighter is all imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Should be decent prices on Pendred & Paddy, Beal & Spencer both would be the better fighters imo

Pendred is an underdog, but Paddy us favourite, and rightly so imo

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

McGregor
    Rosa
    Holohan
    Cerrone

All to win accumulator.

What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    McGregor
    Rosa
    Holohan
    Cerrone

All to win accumulator.

What do ye think?

Afraid to put cowboy in an accum because of the time between fights, but hes def the coolest man ive ever seen , really hopes he takes Benson and then a title shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think it's a big ask for Cerrone.

I'll probably go with a small stake on Henderson, Rosa, Tibau and Spencer.

Mellor wrote: »
    Pendred is an underdog, but Paddy us favourite, and rightly so imo

Beals good its a tough fight for paddy imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Bit pointless putting mcgregor in an accumulator when he's 1/9 to win the fight. Mcgregor by KO or McGregor 1st rd win would be better value if including his fight in an accumulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

ASOT wrote: »
    Beals good its a tough fight for paddy imo

Paddy is fighting Shane Howell? Neil Seery is fighting Chris Beal in Stockholm next week

Hoki wrote: »
    Paddy is fighting Shane Howell? Neil Seery is fighting Chris Beal in Stockholm next week

I dont know how i managed to get that mixed up but there you go :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Loads of new odds released this morning.

I'm liking the look of Roy Nelson at +192 to beat Alistair Overeem

Other odds released:
    Phil Davis -248
    Ryan Bader +192

Dan Henderson +257
    Gegard Mousasi -290

Kelvin Gastelum -140
    Tyron Woodley +100

Al Iaquinta -190
    Joe Lauzon +150 (this one's worth a bet I reckon)

Thales Leites -300
    Tim Boetsch +220

Jordan Mein -110 (may have a go here too)
    Thiago Alves -130

Luke Rockhold -140
    Lyoto Machida +100 (and I like this one too)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The only ones that I would see value in from the above is J Lo and Lyoto. Not sure how Luazon is an underdog against Iaquinta...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

Woodley and Machida betting lines interest me

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

I'm trying to think of a nice Value acca for Sunday night

Patrick Holohan @ 4/11
    Cathal Pendered @ 5/4
    Donald Cerreone @ 11/10
    Norman Parke @11/10
    Conor McGregor round 1@ 8/13

Just over 20-1 for the accumulator what do ye think?

Parke vs tibeau is a tough fight to call, both guys who usually go to a decision. Parker might edge it with a slightly higher work rate not sure if I will include that this week.

The guy Paddy is fighting has been subbed a few times.

John Howard looks safe enough against a guy who can hardly buy a win.

Charles Rosa as mentioned should be a good bet too, probably going to sub his guy from watching the way he fought against Siver and seeing the guy he is fighting has lost a few subs.

Johnny Case is fighting a guy who is coming in on short notice, and Case is on a big streak, looks a good favourite for his fight.

Dont know where this guy uriah hall is fighting came from but seems like he has been knocked out a few times already, probably going to be susceptible to a Hall head kick.

Cerrone Henderson v hard to pick. Its actually hard to see how Henderson wins this given Cowboys improvements. I guess he will try and turn it into a grappling match but Cowboys JJ is so good, and he has a great plumb clinch.
    How does Bendo win that fight?

P

Charles Rosa as mentioned should be a good bet too, probably going to sub his guy from watching the way he fought against Siver and seeing the guy he is fighting has lost a few

Goin backing the sub also which was 5/2 last I looked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I couldn't resist a bet on Siver. 50 euro at 7/1 with Bet 365. I think that he must surely be overpriced at 7/1. It will give me an interest watching the fight and I'll be happy if McGregor wins anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I couldn't resist a bet on Siver. 50 euro at 7/1 with Bet 365. I think that he must surely be overpriced at 7/1. It will give me an interest watching the fight and I'll be happy if McGregor wins anyway.

Overpriced based on? Don't see it myself and don't see how Siver beats him, should be a pretty straight forward fight for McGregor. Will prob put my money on McGregor in round 1 if I go near that fight at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Rosa
    Case
    Holohan
    Howard
    Pendred
    Conor McGregor to win in rd 1.

Thoughts on that as an accumulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Axwell wrote: »
    Overpriced based on?

Primarily because it's a 2 horse race and objectively speaking it's reasonably rare in professional sport to see odds as big as 7/1 in a 2 horse race. Also there are other factors in that Siver's a decent fighter with punching power and McGregor is at the end of the day not hugely experienced.

Don't get me wrong, I think McGregor will win, I just think that Siver is a big price in a 2 horse race.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Primarily because it's a 2 horse race and objectively speaking it's reasonably rare in professional sport to see odds as big as 7/1 in a 2 horse race. Also there are other factors in that Siver's a decent fighter with punching power and McGregor is at the end of the day not hugely experienced.

Don't get me wrong, I think McGregor will win, I just think that Siver is a big price in a 2 horse race.

I get your point about a 2 horse race etc but there's little to suggest Siver will be capable of beating McGregor, for his decent punching power his KO record is pretty rubbish. Just dont see the value in it myself, its a throw away bet for an upset thats unlikely to come in.

As for McGregor not being experienced, his record is a much better picture than Sivers. 2 division CW champion, undefeated in his last 12 fights, 4-0 in the UFC as oppose to Siver who has 2 wins, 1 loss and 1 NC in his last 4 and never won anything apart from a ban for testing positive for PED's.

Just giving my opinion and a bit of banter on the thread, people are obviously free to bet whatever way they want but personally I dont see Siver beating him no matter what way the fight goes, which basically makes it a 1 horse race to me.

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Rosa
    Case
    Holohan
    Howard
    Pendred
    Conor McGregor to win in rd 1.

Thoughts on that as an accumulator?

Those would be the favourites to come through in their fights so should be solid enough. Pendred is always a slow starter and never fills me with confidence but he should take anything thats given in the first round and then ground and pound out a win in the 2nd or 3rd.

Case should win but his opponent Perez is no slouch, if it stays standing Case wins it no problem, if it goes to the ground Perez has a better chance but I still think Case takes it.

I would probably go with Paddy Holohan by submission if you wanted to increase the value, should get the sub over his opponent but always added risk adding the MOV, just something I prefer myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭weemcd

As much as I want Pendred to do well, I still wouldn't put him near my bets.

I think he'll win/lose/win/lose as long as he's in the ufc, just slightly below that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'll probably back Spencer. I thought Pendred was lucky in his last fight, so assuming this is a step up I think he'll be beaten.

I'll probably back Spencer. I thought Pendred was lucky in his last fight, so assuming this is a step up I think he'll be beaten.

I'm on Spencer myself, he was unlucky in his last fight, should have enough to beat pendred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I've got an accumulator with McGregor to win in the first + Parke, Cerrone, Holohan, and Rosa all to win @ 20/1.

Also with McGregor promising to win within 2 minutes I just had to throw a bet on it this time seeing as he's been fairly good at predicting these things.

Come on Mystic Mac!

• Advertisement

I'm tempted to do conor round 2 at 4/1
    the best price on round one ko is 4/6, the price is stink imo
    it's not inconceivable that siver makes it to the second round surely?
    I would pick round one if I had a choice but I think its possible siver makes
    it past round one and at 4/1 v 4/6 I think it "might" be worth chancing

I'll toss a coin on it I think

Advertisement