Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mailburner wrote: »
    I was very impressed with
    esparzas stand up v penne

really? head down, lunge forward and blindly throwing punches is how it looked to me :D cant say I was impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Devastator wrote: »
    really? head down, lunge forward and blindly throwing punches is how it looked to me :D cant say I was impressed

she kept beating her to the punch
    was impressed with her handspeed mainly

she kept beating her to the punch
    was impressed with her handspeed mainly

oh yeah no doubt she was catching her, I just didn't like the look of it :D

I don't like her, don't think my opinion is bias but it could be lol Come on Rose!!

penne evens to beat markos?

she will beat her surely
    cant see why she's not favourite
    I dont think markos has a lot going for her here

I don't like her, don't think my opinion is bias but it could be lol Come on Rose!!

me neither but if I'm betting on her I'm gonna like her for whole of 15mins :D

• Advertisement

went with singles on

penne evens
    esparza 6/4

accum at 10/1
    penne
    esparza
    daly
    cruickshank

penne evens to beat markos?

she will beat her surely
    cant see why she's not favourite
    I dont think markos has a lot going for her here

I think markos dominates penne :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Maybe I'm missing something here, but is anyone else going to avoid betting on this because the female fights can be extremely unpredictable?

Anytime I've bet on a female fighter, whether she be the favourite or not, it usually doesn't pay out, kinda resigned myself to the the idea that unless Rousey is involved it could go either way.

mark13 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but is anyone else going to avoid betting on this because the female fights can be extremely unpredictable?

Anytime I've bet on a female fighter, whether she be the favourite or not, it usually doesn't pay out, kinda resigned myself to the the idea that unless Rousey is involved it could go either way.

So who are you on tonight?..............so we can all back the opposite!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Can't believe the odds for Esparza for this fight. She will grind out the win in this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

So who are you on tonight?..............so we can all back the opposite!:D

Went with favourites - Torres, Calderwood, Rawlings, Herrig, Markos, Medeiros and Cruickshank, went with a sixfold on the seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MMATycoon

Hi guys, just found this place via a google search. Thought I'd share our site picks as we've made a profit on every event since we started our little project (that I can't post the link to cos I'm new) ;)

In order of best value on straight picks we've got;

#1 Charles Oliveira
    #2 Felice Herrig
    #3 Bec Rawlings
    #4 Aisling Daly
    #5 Joanne Calderwood
    #6 Angela Hill
    #7 Rose Namajunas
    #8 Tecia Torres
    #9 Jessica Penne
    #10 Daron Cruickshank
    #11 Yancy Medeiros

Then for value betting (sometimes betting against our picks if it's getting better average returns) we've got;

#1 Charles Oliveira
    #2 Felice Herrig
    #3 Joe Proctor
    #4 Bec Rawlings
    #5 Aisling Daly
    #6 Joanne Calderwood
    #7 Angela Hill
    #8 K.J. Noons
    #9 Rose Namajunas
    #10 Tecia Torres
    #11 Jessica Penne

I'm with you though Ray von; I personally went for Esparza to grind out a decision. Hopefully I'm wrong though :)

3-0 so far....

mark13 wrote: »
    Went with favourites - Torres, Calderwood, Rawlings, Herrig, Markos, Medeiros and Cruickshank, went with a sixfold on the seven.

I've decided not to visit mr PP tonight, don't know if I'll sit up to watch tonights fights so no point betting. I'm pretty sure to have a bet on tomorrow nights card
    MMATycoon wrote: »
    Hi guys, just found this place via a google search.

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome :) Not personally from Ireland but got a guy who's from NI who works on the site, who trains.

4-0 now :)

We've gone for Bec in the next fight but I think Heather's getting downvoted because people think she's a div. Personally, I think most of the other fighters in the house like Angela, Bec, Felice were complete dipsticks.

Can you tell I'm not sure on the language policy yet? :D

MMATycoon wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome :) Not personally from Ireland but got a guy who's from NI who works on the site, who trains.

4-0 now :)

torres 2/11
    calderwood 2/11
    daly 2/5

don't know what price angela hill was myself

these three along with felice probably the biggest certs on the card and
    looked impossible to oppose beforehand
    gets interesting now

hope you're right about esparza, 3/1 looks a great price for a pts win, took 6/4 for the straight win myself

Angela Hill fight opened evens and then Hill moved to fav over time.

Just seen elsewhere that Heather's still got a torn ACL, apparently.

edit: Agree Felice is the biggest cert on the card. Lisa looked absolutely Awful on the show.

Ack. Damn it! :D

• Advertisement

Well, it's wiped out the profit from the other fights.... Annoying when it's not a pick I'd have gone for myself. I added a link to my profile for where we do our picks btw, so it makes more sense what I'm whittering on about.

Anyway, I really dislike felice... apart from the next 20 minutes (or more likely about 10 minutes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

It didn't go the distance. So 1 of 3 for a 21/1 bet. Cruikshank by KO and Esparza to win hopefully.

The Randa fight was like an IED to my accumulators. One left was looking very tasty with felice by sub and heather on points. KJ's little finger put a stop that that one too though!

What do people think about Nate beating Dos Anjos on points tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭weemcd

What do people think about Nate beating Dos Anjos on points tonight?

Missed weight and didn't show up at one of the public workouts. I'd have a big question mark over Diaz, if his head's in it. I would avoid.

weemcd wrote: »
    Missed weight and didn't show up at one of the public workouts. I'd have a big question mark over Diaz, if his head's in it. I would avoid.

Not really concerned about missing the workouts, thats par for the course for him. The last time I made some bets against guys who missed weight like gastelum they all ended up winning, so have got burnt using factors like that.

The question is if they were both in good shape and prepared, who wins the fight, I just have a feeling Diaz can outbox and keep range for 3 rounds to win. But then a guy who can knock out Henderson like he did is maybe a bit foolish to bet against....

Went 8-2 in the end, for a 23% profit. :) Olivera being the big value pick.
    Esparza smashed it Impressive performance.

We've got Diaz as a value bet but not as a pick, at the moment. I wouldn't go for that one personally.

We've got Joe Ellenberger as the top value pick but I'd be worried that's a bit of name value. We've got Ed Herman as the best underdog so far. This is all secret info btw - not even told anyone on my site about this yet ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Personally I think Diaz still just wants out, he has no interest and I doubt hes put in half the effort and is hoping to just get another paycheck. On a fight level he doesnt really bring anything Dos Anjos cant handle either so ill be staying clear.

• Advertisement

went with singles on

penne evens
    esparza 6/4

accum at 10/1
    penne
    esparza
    daly
    cruickshank

clean sweep with the cruick nc working out at 6/1