Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Got 30 quid on Siver at 7/1 just to soften the blow a little if he causes an upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Montroseee wrote: »
    Got 30 quid on Siver at 7/1 just to soften the blow a little if he causes an upset.

€30 you'll never see again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    €30 you'll never see again :P

that may be true but they are big odds in a two horse race and conor is nearly
    impossible to oppose alright but 1/9 is a shocking price

on the other hand mousasi fights dan next week and is 4/11
    mousasi in my opinion is just as hard to oppose
    I don't often say this about a fighter but there is no way in hell dan can beat mousasi
    dan is best at 5/2...should be double that I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Axwell wrote: »
    I dont see Siver beating him no matter what way the fight goes, which basically makes it a 1 horse race to me.

Attitudes like that have resulted in list of people losing big.
    Siver is slim chance if winning, but thats a long way from no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think the odds of Siver are silly as well. I obviously fancy Conor but might stick a few quid on Siver for the craic, he was giving Cub a good fight up until R3.

• Advertisement

I've started doing a podcast with MMAForum, just posted the first one, a short 15m audio on my fight predictions for this weekend.

Generally in line with what most people are thinking, didn't cover Pendred in it, but Im liking his odds for a KO. I have a feeling the crowd are going to help him get the finish!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mellor wrote: »
    Attitudes like that have resulted in list of people losing big.
    Siver is slim chance if winning, but thats a long way from no chance.

Technically Siver has a slim chance because yes hes in the octagon but is that chance worth wasting money on, for me no. People can bet whatever way they choose but I would rather use 20 euro on another bet than waste it (again imo) on betting on siver. There are plenty of other fights where I would bet against the favourite but not this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

8/1 Siver now with Bet 365. He's drifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I have Rosa, Howard, Holohan and Case to win plus McGregor to win in RD 1.
    Staring to think now Siver may hold Conor but lost in Rd 2 instead of round 1. Thoughts on that accumulator?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have a few quid on an accumulator with:

McGregor by KO
    Holohan
    Pendred
    Parke
    Urijah Hall

I was gonna stick in Ceronne aswell but I think that's a little bit too close to call.

• Advertisement

I put this bet on earlier, but when I put it on the potential winnings was over 400,000 euro. Yet once the bet was placed and i open it up in my bets, it now says 100,000 euro. Asked the live chat and they said there was nothing they could do until the bet was settled win or loss. Seems a bit odd to me any thoughts?

Selection Selection Details Result
    UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Conor McGregor v Dennis Siver
    19th of January 2015 05:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Conor McGregor by KO @ 2/9
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Donald Cerrone v Benson Henderson
    19th of January 2015 04:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Donald Cerrone on Points @ 12/5
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Urijah Hall v Ron Stallings
    19th of January 2015 03:30 am
    Method of Victory
    Urijah Hall by KO @ 8/13
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Gleison Tibau v Norman Parke
    19th of January 2015 03:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Norman Parke on Points @ 9/5
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Cathal Pendred v Sean Spencer
    19th of January 2015 02:30 am
    Method of Victory
    Cathal Pendred by KO @ 17/2
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    John Howard v Lorenz Larkin
    19th of January 2015 02:00 am
    Method of Victory
    John Howard by KO @ 7/1
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Zhang Lipeng v Chris Wade
    19th of January 2015 01:30 am
    Method of Victory
    Zhang Lipeng on Points @ 6/1
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Patrick Holohan v Shane Howell
    19th of January 2015 01:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Patrick Holohan by Submission @ 11/10
    Pending

UFC - MMA
    UFC Matches
    Charles Rosa v Sean Soriano
    19th of January 2015 00:00 am
    Method of Victory
    Charles Rosa by Submission @ 11/4
    Pending

Stake and Return Details
    Bet placed at 17th of January 2015 2:04 pm Total Stake €5.20
    Bet type Accumulator (9) (To Win) Tax@Tax free 0
    Number of lines 1 Total stake due €5.20
    Stake per line €5.20 Freebets Redeemed €0.00
    Channel Internet Total amount paid €5.20
    Number of win lines -
    Potential Returns €100,000.00

100k might be their limit I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

mailburner wrote: »
    100k might be their limit I'm guessing

Don't think so. A guy won nearly half a million on a €5 accumulator with PP a few weeks ago, the lucky bastard.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you go back and put them on another betting slip and see what it comes up as? If it shows up 400k then I would take a screenshot so you have it if the other bet comes in and you get into some sort of discussion with them over it.
    If it only shows 100k then there's probably nothing can be done and there may have been an error in the original calculation.

Yeah I did that actually and got some screenshots so we'll see what happens. unless its written in their terms and conditions somewhere I'd be thinking I'm entitled to the full amount. Be a nice start to the week 400g's :D

I think I've made a stupid novice betting mistake
    I have a 5 fight accumulator with the final fight being McGregor to win in RD1. I should have put down ko in any round. Sugar!! Cmon conor round 1 ko please ;-) Anyone have conor ko in first round that strongly believes he can do it?

400 G's BABY!! :D

Hm for the sake of 5.20 I would prob stick it on again, id go mental if it came in and they wouldnt pay out, not that I wouldnt be happy with 100k but 500k has a much better ring to it.

Novice here but I made my ufc accum with Bambury. Is it normal for my bet slip to be a photocopied picture of made bets in my handwriting and just the payment made? There is no odds printed on my slip just my listed bets and payment made plus a barcode ..

Conor didn't look the healthiest just now! Neither did the chap Paddy is fighting.

400 G's BABY!! :D

Hm for the sake of 5.20 I would prob stick it on again, id go mental if it came in and they wouldnt pay out, not that I wouldnt be happy with 100k but 500k has a much better ring to it.

Yeah I actually have it on twice, and took screenies the second time. Half of the second one is a mates so potentially 600K if it came in, would be ridiculous! Will be a nice dream til probably about 2am tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I think I've made a stupid novice betting mistake
    I have a 5 fight accumulator with the final fight being McGregor to win in RD1. I should have put down ko in any round. Sugar!! Cmon conor round 1 ko please ;-) Anyone have conor ko in first round that strongly believes he can do it?

He says he'll win in Round 1 so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Novice here but I made my ufc accum with Bambury. Is it normal for my bet slip to be a photocopied picture of made bets in my handwriting and just the payment made? There is no odds printed on my slip just my listed bets and payment made plus a barcode ..

every docket is photocopied these days
    if you don't request odds they probably won't add them but you will get
    whatever the odds were at the time of the event

Anyone have conor ko in first round that strongly believes he can do it?

I'd say about half the forum
    odds of 4/6 suggests it's more likely than not

If you didnt write the odds on the slip then you will get the SP (starting price) so whatever the odds are when the event starts, your bet is recorded with the bookie, thats the barcode on it so if you win and you bring in the slip they just bring it up on the screen what you are owed. The paper copy they have is filed away for their records should their be a dispute.

Conor didn't look the healthiest just now! Neither did the chap Paddy is fighting.

Really? Thought he looked in good shape myself, less dehydrated looking than the previous fight. His usual self in terms of crowd interaction and making a statement.

If you didnt write the odds on the slip then you will get the SP (starting price) so whatever the odds are when the event starts, your bet is recorded with the bookie, thats the barcode on it so if you win and you bring in the slip they just bring it up on the screen what you are owed. The paper copy they have is filed away for their records should their be a dispute.

So does that mean the odds won't be as good since it will be the odds at the start of the event instead of the odds when I but the bet on which was today?

Thats how it is with an bets in general, if odds arent declared or put in the bet its taken you are going with the starting price odds. They arent going to change dramatically if at all at this stage anyways so I wouldnt be too worried.

Really? Thought he looked in good shape myself, less dehydrated looking than the previous fight. His usual self in terms of crowd interaction and making a statement.

Watching him in the face off I thought he looked very gaunt. He's mentioned here and there he had a difficult weight cut for the last fight, maybe 145 isn't agreeing with him too much. We'll see what he says after!

Possibly, its never easy for them when they have to travel either. Even though its only Boston it still messes up their body clocks etc. Im sure either way there wont be a bother on him come fight time once he gets hydrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Will be emptying the clip on Tibau to win by decision @ 8/5

The leftover few quid will go on accum of:

Ben Henderson by Decision
    Uriah Hall T/KO
    Chris Wade
    Gleison Tibau

@ ~ 13/2

Advertisement