Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Never thought I'd see John Jones at 8/13 for a fight. Cormier has the ability to take him to ground at will but I'd have to think that Jones could turn on the heat in the latter rounds and eke out a decision.

mailburner wrote: »
    what do folks fancy this weekend?

I fancy jones but see it going all the way
    jones pts 9/4 if he wins this looks a bit of value

lombard will imo make mincemeat of burkman if he wants to
    I think 11/8 by ko looks decent especially when some bookies have it shorter (all others are odds on by ko I see..fair play boyles)
    on lomb to win in round one

biggest dilemma on the card for me is myles jury
    I don't quite know how good he is yet I do like his price (7/4) and cerrone
    a big step up from anyone he's faced but a dec win v johnson reads well too
    wonder is he worth a punt?

I like Jones by submission, although its a very hard fight to call. 9-1 is pretty nice odds.
    Lombard is a shoe in it just depends on if he can finish it early or he wins on points.
    I think Jury beat Johnson before Johnson had his renaissance. The problem with cowboy is he is capable of the big let downs and just getting knocked out. But he has looked so good recently I mean his last 3 fights each guy he's beaten realllllly convincingly and each one was a world class opponent. Its always hard to judge these youngin's when they make the stepup but I still feel Cowboy will win the fight. Its like he's taking his kicks to another level now.

I also think Marquart is on another level to Tavares. Nate looked outstanding in his last fight and I had picked him by sub for that, he didn't let me down. Tavares is tough though and if he can last 3 rounds against Romero he can certainly do it against Marquart. I dont see how Tavares can win it I just dont know the method of victory for Marquart.

Horiguchi against Gaudinot is interesting. The Jap fighters are notorious for not being able to travel well, and Gaudinot seems capable of pulling off a submission upset. Given the long odds on Gaudinot I reckon thats the best chance of an upset. Need to delve a bit deeper into these other prelims.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I went with jones dec at 5/2 (betsafe)

even opened up a betsafe account so its a freebet (stake not returned)
    heart was ruling my head on this one wanting cormier to win so badly and if
    he does at least it wont cost me anything

Lads we have a serious problem, the Glimmer man flew in yesterday. Surely that makes cormier massive favourite now!!!!! :D

Check this lad out http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-182-cody-garbrandt-is-the-next-alpha-male-010215 he fights Brimage and Brimage is favourite. The guy is 5-0 with 5 knockouts.

• Advertisement

Check this lad out http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-182-cody-garbrandt-is-the-next-alpha-male-010215 he fights Brimage and Brimage is favourite. The guy is 5-0 with 5 knockouts.

looks good to me

three lads on the card I would like to oppose are dunham, jordan and brimage
    now I have reason to back garbrandt
    I'll be backing damm purely for the price (9/2)
    not sure bout castillo either yet wouldnt be a backer at 4/9 and the hw battle probably a coin toss with cannonier unbeaten

dunham might win but at 2/9 I couldnt back him

looks good to me

three lads on the card I would like to oppose are dunham, jordan and brimage
    now I have reason to back garbrandt
    I'll be backing damm purely for the price (9/2)
    not sure bout castillo either yet wouldnt be a backer at 4/9 and the hw battle probably a coin toss with cannonier unbeaten

dunham might win but at 2/9 I couldnt back him

The Dunham bet is decent the lad is coming off 3 losses surely doesn't merit being such a big favourite. An even fight I think definitely worth a punt on Damm. Im backing Castillo for a points win. Know nothing about this lad Jordan is fighting, gonna pick jordan for an early KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Lumping on Jones tonight. I think this will be very very easy for him. He has so many different ways to win, whereas DC can only hope to grapple him to death for 3 of the 5 rounds, which I just can't imagine happening. I don't think DC will have anything for Jones on the feet, and he doesn't have particularly great ground and pound, or,BJJ.

I have a sneaky suspicion also that Jury will beat Cerrone. Cerrone has fought 5 times in 13 months, and I just think that has to catch up with him eventually. So I'm going big on the Jones single, and then a few quid on the Jones / jury double.

took garbrandt at 13/8

damm by decision 17/2 also given its probably the only way he wins this

treble (169/1)
    garbrandt ko 9/2
    jones dec 9/4
    damm dec 17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with two bets

Jones
    Cowboy
    Nate
    Castillo
    Jordan

Then for interest

Jones by Sub
    Cowboy by KO/TKO
    Castillo by Decision

€3.50 on that for around €280 back, odds seem to be very generous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,113 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Went with;

3 Jan 2015 17:35 7/7 Jon Jones v Daniel Cormier - To Win Fight Cormier, Daniel Single 31/20 50.00 0.00 Open Pending
    3 Jan 2015 17:35 7/8 Donald Cerrone v Myles Jury - To Win Fight Cerrone, Donald Single 4/7 100.00 0.00 Open Pending
    3 Jan 2015 17:20 6/6 Hector Lombard v Josh Burkman - Method Of Victory Lombard, Hector By KO, TKO or Disqualification Single EVS 100.00 0.00 Open Pending

Plus an accumulator for the lols
    Cormier, Daniel By Decision
    Lombard, Hector By KO
    Cerrone, Donald By Decision
    Marquardt, Nate By Decision
    Horiguchi, Kyoji By KO,

Total Stake $5.53 (5-fold)
    Potential Return $1,259.80

Total Stake $10.00 (4-fold)
    Potential Return $804.94

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Cormier for the win.

I've lumped on Jones, and lately everything I touch has gone wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

Cormier for the win.

I've lumped on Jones, and lately everything I touch has gone wrong

dulux99 wrote: »
    Lumping on Jones tonight. I think this will be very very easy for him. He has so many different ways to win, whereas DC can only hope to grapple him to death for 3 of the 5 rounds, which I just can't imagine happening. I don't think DC will have anything for Jones on the feet, and he doesn't have particularly great ground and pound, or,BJJ.

I have a sneaky suspicion also that Jury will beat Cerrone. Cerrone has fought 5 times in 13 months, and I just think that has to catch up with him eventually. So I'm going big on the Jones single, and then a few quid on the Jones / jury double.

seems that way to me also
    cormiers confidence nearly has be believing him mind you
    I think this would be the happiest I'll ever be losing a bet if dc does it tho

I don't thing the amount if fights cowboy has had will make any difference given some didn't last long
    he should beat jury I think but I just don't know how good jury is so staying away from that one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Went with accum of Castillo,Marquardt,Garbrandt,Damm & Cerrone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Have a Cerrone, Marquardt, Castillo and Lombard accumulator, and then THANKS TO THIS THREAD have just added a sneaky little double on Damm and Garbrandt.

Think I'll leave the DC JJ main event alone, win or lose I'll have something to enjoy watching at the end.. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There is no way Jones loses this fight, every bit of my being wants DC to win but theres just no way I see it possible. He can take Jones to the ground all he wants but he wont finish him there and Jones is too good to be kept down. Jones will inflict way more damage over 5 rounds. Can see it going the distance and Jones just tearing DC apart round after round.

Went for an accumulator of

Nate Marquardt @ 4/5
    Omari Akhmedvov @ 8/13
    Shawn Jordan @ 1/2
    Cody Garbrandt @ 5/4
    Danny Castillo on Points @ 8/5
    Jon Jones @ 4/7
    Donald Cerrone @ 4/6

Most wary of Cerrone in that bet, pretty close fight and could go either way.

Then put another just for the fun on the whole card with some MOV mixed in

Evan Dunham @ 1/5
    Cody Garbrandt @ 6/5
    Nate Marquardt @ 4/5
    Kyoji Horiguchi @ 1/7
    Hector Lombard @ 1/6
    Shawn Jordan @ 1/2
    Danny Castillo on Points @ 8/5
    Donald Cerrone by KO @ 4/1
    Jon Jones by KO @ 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

First accum

Jones 4/7
    Cerrone 8/13
    Tavares 11/10
    Castillo 4/9
    Garbrandt 5/4

And then a hail mary accum

Horiguchi by ko 5/4
    Castillo on points 8/5
    Lombard by ko 5/6
    Tavares on points 11/4
    jones on points 11/5

Heres hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bgrove

Money coming for bones

• Advertisement

bgrove wrote: »
    Money coming for bones

same for jury and tavares

tavares evens nate 1.99 with one firm
    cowboy as big as 1.77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Balance of my account on Lombard/Cowboy/Jones treble :D

Come on!!

It compleatly slipped my mind Jordan was a heavyweight for some strange reason, I hate backing heavyweights. -_-

just got 7/2 on garbrandt by ko with boyles.

Happy with that!

ASOT wrote: »
    It compleatly slipped my mind Jordan was a heavyweight for some strange reason, I hate backing heavyweights. -_-

Not likely to care now! :D

ASOT wrote: »

Nevermind, worlds heaviest backflip got this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Cerrone/Cormier double just over 3/1. Logic points to Jones winning but I just have a feeling DC will get it done with his wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Well, that's me out haha.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

My bet killed by a plastic paddy....god dammit :D

• Advertisement

I went with jones dec at 5/2 (betsafe)
    gutted for dc but a wins a win
    took garbrandt at 13/8

damm by decision 17/2 also given its probably the only way he wins this

treble (169/1)
    garbrandt ko 9/2
    jones dec 9/4
    damm dec 17/2
    garbrandt lived up to his rep (tks el rifle)
    shame damm just wasnt worth a damn though

Advertisement