Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

What do people think about Nate beating Dos Anjos on points tonight?

dont think he has a hope in hell myself
    dos is a league above nate as far as I can see
    think nate will be blitzed and think a ko is even a possibility here at a very nice 5/1

took the double of

dos anjos 4/11
    palhares 8/11

I don't think fitch has a hope of beating palhares, i dont see fitch winning this anywhere and he'll probably be limping out of the octagon
    same goes for dos anjos, dont see nate giving him much trouble at all

most confident ive been about a bet in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

A knockout in the Dos Anjos V Diaz fight and the Reem fight going the distance. Works out at 21/1 so threw a fiver on it.
    I can Reem playing it safe similar to the Mir fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MMATycoon

Can't see the Reem fight going the distance. Both guys very chinny and subs a possibility too.

MMATycoon wrote: »
    Can't see the Reem fight going the distance. Both guys very chinny and subs a possibility too.

Ya it's certainly an outside bet. I think Reem gets cut if he loses though, so he's going to be all out swinging or defensive with takedowns. I'm hoping for the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Couldn't believe Esparza was 6/4 last night. Filled my boots with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Anybody betting on struve?

Struve
    Palahares
    Dos Santos is 5/1 on paddy

Picks for tonight from the crowd;

#1 Joe Ellenberger $18.57
    #2 David Michaud $17.14
    #3 Jamie Varner $15.71
    #4 Alistair Overeem $14.29
    #5 Junior dos Santos $12.86
    #6 John Moraga $11.43
    #7 Anthony Birchak $10.00
    #8 Ben Saunders $8.57
    #9 Rafael dos Anjos $7.14
    #10 Matt Mitrione $5.71
    #11 Henry Cejudo $4.29
    #12 Derek Brunson $2.86
    #13 Claudia Gadelha $1.43

#1 Rick Glenn $13.33
    #2 Rousimar Palhares $6.67

betvic betting on method in the palhares fight
    evens for the sub :pac:

one last one for me

double at 25/1 (Boyles)

Saunders, Ben By Submission @10/3
    Joe Riggs v Ben Saunders
    Dos Anjos, Rafael By KO, TKO or Disqualification @5/1
    Rafael Dos Anjos v Nate Diaz

am I mad?

miocic 19/5

single on that
    he doesnt strike me as that much of an underdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

A knockout in the Dos Anjos V Diaz fight and the Reem fight going the distance. Works out at 21/1 so threw a fiver on it.
    I can Reem playing it safe similar to the Mir fight.

lol 1/2 of my bet is the opposite to that :D

1/2 Riggs/Saunders not to go distance
    8/11 Overeem KO
    4/9 Dos Anjos/Diaz to go distance
    2/7 JDS win

Struve has been KO'd a fair few times, so I'm hoping Overeem can catch him early.

I was looking at numbers earlier, between them Overeem & Struve have over 80 fights and only 7 have went to judges

mailburner wrote: »
    took the double of

dos anjos 4/11
    palhares 8/11

I don't think fitch has a hope of beating palhares, i dont see fitch winning this anywhere and he'll probably be limping out of the octagon

get in
    couldnt see past it
    think fitch was probably limping out of the octagon also
    betvic betting on method in the palhares fight
    evens for the sub :pac:

one last one for me

double at 25/1 (Boyles)

Saunders, Ben By Submission @10/3
    Joe Riggs v Ben Saunders
    Dos Anjos, Rafael By KO, TKO or Disqualification @5/1
    Rafael Dos Anjos v Nate Diaz
    fcuk u diaz for being such a tough bastard
    am I mad?

miocic 19/5

single on that
    he doesnt strike me as that much of an underdog
    certainly wasnt but just fell short and five rounds too much on his first attempt

Devastator wrote: »
    lol 1/2 of my bet is the opposite to that :D

1/2 Riggs/Saunders not to go distance
    8/11 Overeem KO
    4/9 Dos Anjos/Diaz to go distance
    2/7 JDS win

Struve has been KO'd a fair few times, so I'm hoping Overeem can catch him early.

I was looking at numbers earlier, between them Overeem & Struve have over 80 fights and only 7 have went to judges

2 bets landed in 2 weekends :D I should quit betting on football though because cant remember when last got 1 in!

2/7 on JDS was a bit of a sweat in the last fight

took the double of

dos anjos 4/11
    palhares 8/11

Looks like Palhares still likes that extra few seconds!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/14/7389109/rousimar-palhares-scores-first-round-kneebar-win-over-jon-fitch-at

Joe Riggs fight screwed me, had a lovely accumulator, Reem by KO, Junior on point moraga by sub, polish girl on points, and ....Riggs on points. Hard to win with all these guys getting injured during fights. Cruikshank was a nightmare yesterday cost me big as well.

Dos Anjos really did make Nate look weak, I thought Nate had something more to offer then he did. Needs a few weeks with Ray Longo, or maybe he's just too cool to check kicks!

2 bets landed in 2 weekends :D I should quit betting on football though because cant remember when last got 1 in!

2/7 on JDS was a bit of a sweat in the last fight

I should quit betting on horses because i cant remember when I last got one in :pac:

Looks like Palhares still likes that extra few seconds!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/14/7389109/rousimar-palhares-scores-first-round-kneebar-win-over-jon-fitch-at

Joe Riggs fight screwed me, had a lovely accumulator, Reem by KO, Junior on point moraga by sub, polish girl on points, and ....Riggs on points. Hard to win with all these guys getting injured during fights. Cruikshank was a nightmare yesterday cost me big as well.

Dos Anjos really did make Nate look weak, I thought Nate had something more to offer then he did. Needs a few weeks with Ray Longo, or maybe he's just too cool to check kicks!

scumbag but the man is just plain dangerous

v unlucky, I'd imagine the odds were huge there
    would be nice to see someone here getting up a big one like that

scumbag but the man is just plain dangerous

v unlucky, I'd imagine the odds were huge there
    would be nice to see someone here getting up a big one like that

In May June and July I landed 4 big bets, thought I was the f***** messiah of UFC betting. Up around 4k. Been a slippery slope since then, couple of nights where I covered the losses, but haven't won since the Irish clean sweep. That 4k is about 2k now and dwindling faster by the week!

In May June and July I landed 4 big bets, thought I was the f***** messiah of UFC betting. Up around 4k. Been a slippery slope since then, couple of nights where I covered the losses, but haven't won since the Irish clean sweep. That 4k is about 2k now and dwindling faster by the week!

no mean feat to be up 2k
    I was happy to make 105 off the palhares/dos double for 45 lol

the big ones rarely come in for me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The UFC event in Dublin made a lot of people think they were UFC betting gurus to be fair :D

I was working at the event and was there early in the afternoon, couldnt get any signal on my phone and was raging because I wanted to stick a few bets on. Later myself and one of the lads from work were watching the fights and I literally called every fight as it happened, had the MOV and result right in every fight and would have won around 3-4k had I managed to put the bets on. I remember watching Gunni and saying to him any minute now hes going to do this and this, go for the sub, choke him out..blah blah..and it literally started as I finished the sentence and hes looking at me as if I am some prophet (the only thing going through my mind was profit - or lack of).

After that event I had 1 win I think on the next card and then a steady decline lately no matter what way i change my formula. Lately I have just started going back to singles and doubles to boost my ego again and get some wins on the card! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Axwell wrote: »
    The UFC event in Dublin made a lot of people think they were UFC betting gurus to be fair :D

I was working at the event and was there early in the afternoon, couldnt get any signal on my phone and was raging because I wanted to stick a few bets on. Later myself and one of the lads from work were watching the fights and I literally called every fight as it happened, had the MOV and result right in every fight and would have won around 3-4k had I managed to put the bets on. I remember watching Gunni and saying to him any minute now hes going to do this and this, go for the sub, choke him out..blah blah..and it literally started as I finished the sentence and hes looking at me as if I am some prophet (the only thing going through my mind was profit - or lack of).

After that event I had 1 win I think on the next card and then a steady decline lately no matter what way i change my formula. Lately I have just started going back to singles and doubles to boost my ego again and get some wins on the card! :D

Il try find my picks in a bit, I had every MOV and the only person that let me down for around 4 grand was seery who i had by KO, I was devastated.

Axwell wrote: »

I had won 4 of the previous 5 events to get my 4K, so I stand by my 2 month period of betting greatness!! May it return on saturday! :D

ASOT wrote: »
    Il try find my picks in a bit, I had every MOV and the only person that let me down for around 4 grand was seery who i had by KO, I was devastated.

Had a similar bet to yourself I'm assuming. Seery by KO let me down, and thinking he had it in the 1st was even more frustrating.

getting screwed over on other sports but can't see annything but Machida/Barao/Silva wins

getting screwed over on other sports but can't see annything but Machida/Barao/Silva wins

a small enough return to wipe out some of what I lost earlier on Saturday :D

We came out with 75% profit from the weekend on the following picks :) 10 right 2 wrong.

#1 Leandro Issa
    #2 Vitor Miranda
    #3 Darren Elkins
    #4 Patrick Cummins
    #5 Daniel Sarafian
    #6 Tom Niinimaki
    #7 Erick Silva
    #8 Tim Means
    #9 Lyoto Machida
    #10 Renan Barao
    #11 Rashid Magomedov
    #12 Marcos Rogerio de Lima

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Will I be able to get a bet on for the UFC in Boston while in America? Will the Paddy Power/ Bet 365 apps block me as I'll be accessing it from the US? Just want to know as if I cant Il have to get my bets on before I head over.

Hoki wrote: »
    Will I be able to get a bet on for the UFC in Boston while in America? Will the Paddy Power/ Bet 365 apps block me as I'll be accessing it from the US? Just want to know as if I cant Il have to get my bets on before I head over.

My advice is e-mail or live chat PP to find out for definite. What I can tell you though is I was in Amsterdam there for a few days and while waiting on delayed flight home was able to access PP through phone internet(I dont have the app) and put a bet on. Bet was chinned so kinda wish it didn't work lol

what do folks fancy this weekend?

I fancy jones but see it going all the way
    jones pts 9/4 if he wins this looks a bit of value

lombard will imo make mincemeat of burkman if he wants to
    I think 11/8 by ko looks decent especially when some bookies have it shorter (all others are odds on by ko I see..fair play boyles)
    on lomb to win in round one

biggest dilemma on the card for me is myles jury
    I don't quite know how good he is yet I do like his price (7/4) and cerrone
    a big step up from anyone he's faced but a dec win v johnson reads well too
    wonder is he worth a punt?

• Advertisement

what do folks fancy this weekend?

lombard will imo make mincemeat of burkman if he wants to
    I think 11/8 by ko looks decent especially when some bookies have it shorter (all others are odds on by ko I see..fair play boyles)
    on lomb to win in round one

got burnt on this lad with same bet against tim boetsch so I'll pass on this and given burkman has never been knocked out probably makes it risky enough esp when the
    hoor doesnt show that much urgency at times

Advertisement