Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Overnight frost in Ennis
    No snow and no sign of it coming either
    Half disappointed as our 9 year old spent the early part of December watching snow reports from half the country and we didn't even get enough for her to have a snowball fight :rolleyes:
    Semi happy though as don't fancy the trip to Limerick through a snow storm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

We had about an inch last night. Snowing off and on.

Went out to stock up on food for the snow and came back with two bottles of champagne. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

Fairly heavy covering here in Castlerea, car couldnt make it up the hill on my way to Galwa near Williamstown so had to turn back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

SeaFields wrote: »
    Done. Been using boards for years and only did that now :o

It's only become [necessary] in the weather reports threads, and it makes sense and is easy to see. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Tralee getting quite slot, listowel has a light covering.

Looking forward to seeing what else we get :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

gbee wrote: »
    It's only become [necessary] in the weather reports threads, and it makes sense and is easy to see. ;)

measured the snow on top of the car this morning and it reached 6.35cm [2.5"]
    was an interesting drive to longford from strokestown not as bad in longford maybe an inch less i'd say.

Ha BBC news 24 forecast completely different to last night now with the snow confined to the south of England.
    Yesterdays wales forecast for a foot from frontal snow tomorrow gone as is the heavy frontal stuff eveylyn was talking about in last nights rte forecast....

This mornings 755am forecast on radio one is already looking shakey!

How can you rely on models when they change things multiple times in the space of 24hrs?

UKMO are saying it may be a bit further north but not enough to affect Ireland.
    Except it may switch the wind easterly for a bit...but don't expect streamers with a systems overhang of high cloud nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How can you rely on models when they change things multiple times in the space of 24hrs?

Then how else would your forecast the weather? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Light dusting of snow here this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭slayer91

0.8c in Quin,(10km east from Ennis). Overnight low of -1.2c. Heavy overnight frost, no snow or sign of it yet.

Regs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Dusting of snow in Waterford this morning. Nice surprise, wasn't expecting any of the showers to reach so far south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Snowing in Ballymote atm, looking north I can see sun red sky with a bank of cloud in the distance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Good few cm's in Derry.
    Snowing heavy enough out there now.
    Woiuld be nice if I didn't have to drive to Celbridge later.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

cork had 0.00 cm / 0 inches of snow last night lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

looks like streamers in the irish sea and down over wales... but not long enough to reach dublin... but out to sea a few miles

i just watched the yr.no animation and it's crazy to see how the snow snowers just kind of hover. and keep an open window over leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Its snowing again here in Dromahair. Need to get out measuring tape to see exactly how much snow we have! there is loads anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its sunny in Limerick. SUNNY.

you can't...

BBC news 24 forecast completely different to last night now with the snow confined to the south of England.
    Yesterdays wales forecast for a foot from frontal snow tomorrow gone as is the heavy frontal stuff evelyn was talking about in last nights rte forecast.... as both were the same

This mornings 755am forecast on radio one is already looking shakey!They had already tweaked that forecast to remove any talk of a front and thats like only what 8hrs after talking about it on the 5 to midnight forecast ?
    I wouldn't like to be a fisherman depending on this type of forecast for the sea area,it's woefull...though not the mets fault directly.

You have to nowcast and use intuition.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

cork had 0.00 cm / 0 inches of snow last night lol :p

lol. Wait hold on I see a cloud. Wait it just chimney smoke. I've got this feeling that Cork is gonna miss out again. I dunno why I ever moved here in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Not looking good for dublin either :(:(

• Advertisement

Slidey wrote: »
    Snowing in Ballymote atm, looking north I can see sun red sky with a bank of cloud in the distance
    Red sky in the morning..
    Shepherds warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Beautiful and sunny at Dublin Airport. Few specs of white falling. -3°C.

Can see some nice clouds all around, but clear skies above.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

Belfast airport is now closed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Beautiful and sunny at Dublin Airport. Few specs of white falling. -3°C.

Can see some nice clouds all around, but clear skies above.

Woot! Christmas party here I come.

Sorry lads, you can have all the snow you want tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Reports of snow in Laytown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Red sky in the morning..
    Shepherds warning.

Whilst there are different colloquialisms;

I say this rhyme like this:

Red sky at night, Shepard's delight;
    Red sky in the morning, Sailor's take warning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

Snowing in Dublin, clontarf. Stuck on dart in clontarf rd station. V light snow falling slowly. Almost looks like silver glitter it's so fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

nice light dusting of snow over night in Waterford City :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Grandma's re-ocurring toothache. (an Pat Nestors gammy hip).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Hey all,

Im planning on heading to Sligo today from Dublin and back again on Sunday, what are the main roads? the N4 mainly?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement