Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    I am off to castlebar from dublin now whats the chances getting there

I've been working In Castlebar through the night and it has snowed steadily all night . Spoke to someone in Roscommon though who had very little snow - so you could be alright until Mayo. Not overly confident about early gritters - but the N5 will probably be one of the first to get done. Be careful Carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Arent RTE a disgrace, no travel updates etc on their website as this weather isnt effecting Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Hi Tim
    There's not that much yet,only about 1-2cm at the mo. Iam near the coast so it could thaw when the sun come up but just saw the Sky weather report it looking good for more snow today so fingers and toes cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

rob180 wrote: »
    Hi Tim
    There's not that much yet,only about 1-2cm at the mo. Iam near the coast so it could thaw when the sun come up but just saw the Sky weather report it looking good for more snow today so fingers and toes cross.

meh thats not too bad to be fair. The fact that snow fell in Kerry and in a coastal location is very promising. That is more than i got last year thats for sure! The rest of the weekend looks very promising indeed. Hopefully it hammers down!! Catch up to the lads in the north, who are getting buried according to them over on netweather

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Just woke up to take a look and I reckon we have about 15 cms of snow in my back garden (about 2 miles south of the city centre). I think there might not be a rush hour this morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

/Crosses fingers that the snow holds off until tonight sometime. Three different Christmas nights out that could be scuppered in one night. What are the chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

It snows once in a blue moon. Sur you can go out drinking anytime!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Woke up to a white covering in Waterford City, was just a shower at some stage during the night. Wasn't expecting anything so a nice surprise. Temp -0.3 DP -2.1c.Wind NW 11km/h. Webcam shows up nicely what we got.

Live data and webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Woke up to a white covering in Waterford City, was just a shower at some stage during the night. Wasn't expecting anything so a nice surprise. Temp -0.3 DP -2.1c.Wind NW 11km/h. Webcam shows up nicely what we got.

Live data and webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Yes, it was a lovely surprise!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Not a sign of it in the Gorey area and lets hope it stays that way until Sunday then it can belt down all it likes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Yes, it was a lovely surprise!:)

Just the start of things, looking great for us from tonight onwards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Read somewhere the winds are gona change NE, anyone got any idea when?

Mickger, have we been downgraded here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I just hope Dublin isn't hit til tonight. Once I get home I'm done til the new year and I don't care how the weather goes. ^_^

aurora 527 wrote: »
    Mickger, have we been downgraded here?

Looking at the latest GFS model certainly not a downgrade. MT will have his forecast up soon, that will tell a lot.

MT has just posted his latest forecast and for snow lover its a dream :D

Looking at the latest GFS model certainly not a downgrade. MT will have his forecast up soon, that will tell a lot.

Just looked at it... and it's looking good...:D:D:D:D

Right, must get ready for work.. by the way i'm loving Waterfordcityweather.com..... I've been following it since our last cold snap.

Let's see what the day brings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Just the start of things, looking great for us from tonight onwards.:)

Indeed. House well stocked with grub, top up of oil arrived yesterday, boiler serviced, Christmas shopping done, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

MT has just posted his latest forecast and for snow lover its a dream :D

How?

The latest models have thrown away the low for today, illustrating hardly any precipitation from it for the south, midlands and east, infact barely anything from the low.

Terrible downgrade this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Light covering of snow overnight in Athlone.

Nothing major, all this waiting and longing and yet nothing.
    Such an anti climax:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Light snow here now. All in all from 3pm yesterday with intermittent snow showers (mostly grauple) we got less that we got from one shower on the morning of Monday 6th dec. Haven't been outside yet but I reckon 2-3cm max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Now I'm confused!! I'm due to travel tonight from Dublin to Mayo so I really need to know who to believe....

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

No snow here whatsoever. Cant say i'm not disappointed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

We must have has a tiny bit in night. More like frost than snow but the crystals look too big to be frost. Road outside looks lethal though for the school run. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

I think its all hype and much ado about nothing!
    The temps did not drop drastically in a short time frame yesterday.
    Lots of people all around the different counties disappointed about the lack of snow.

Some believe a major downgrade.:(

irish1967 wrote: »
    Light snow here now. All in all from 3pm yesterday with intermittent snow showers (mostly grauple) we got less that we got from one shower on the morning of Monday 6th dec. Haven't been outside yet but I reckon 2-3cm max.

And .... Just unjinxed myself with that post !! Good heavy shower on now. My path whic was still brown when I wrote above post is now white. :)

How?

The latest models have thrown away the low for today, illustrating hardly any precipitation from it for the south, midlands and east, infact barely anything from the low.

Terrible downgrade this morning.

So your saying MT is wrong???

Weathercheck.. Are the downgrades shown going to effect the northwest?? I was hoping everyone would get plastered so we could all share in this. Are winds gonna swing more NW ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

We must have has a tiny bit in night. More like frost than snow but the crystals look too big to be frost. Road outside looks lethal though for the school run. :(

Where, where, where where. All these posts with no locations is driving me nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement