Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Sky clear here too between the showers , seems to be lots on your "flight path" so to speak it just depends on them not petering out en route. don't give up hope am sure you will get plastered (with snow :D) over the next day or so:)

:eek:..PLASTERED..:D x2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Little bit of snow sticking here in Galway :)
    Fingers crossed for more...

some_dose wrote: »
    Good evening all from across the water,
    I'm here in Bangor, Wales just 20 miles from Holyhead. About an hour ago I was sitting down and I heard what I thought was rain. Just opened the door and have been greeted by 2 inches of the lovely white stuff! :D Of course we all knew it was coming but someone obviously didn't tell the council as the roads are ungritted. And the raintoday.co.uk website is suggesting that we are in for a lot more. I would be in a state of ecstasy if I didn't have to drive to the ferry tomorrow night!

Sut wyt ti....:o I think?? Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

about an inch of snow on the ground in longford town now, home for the weekend, lovely sight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I'm here in Bangor, Wales just 20 miles from Holyhead. About an hour ago I was sitting down and I heard what I thought was rain. Just opened the door and have been greeted by 2 inches of the lovely white stuff! :D Of course we all knew it was coming but someone obviously didn't tell the council as the roads are ungritted. And the raintoday.co.uk website is suggesting that we are in for a lot more. I would be in a state of ecstasy if I didn't have to drive to the ferry tomorrow night!

I'm sure that they will have the roads in order by tomorrow night , i doubt that they are running out or grit like our councils over here, good luck with the journey:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

And off to bed with me, hopefully i will awake to a xmas wonderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

hoping for sunny skies in dublin 22 tomorrow!

heavy graupel now, makes a change from the heavy snow:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Are you absolutely sure you are not in Ireland??? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Just looked outside and the road was covered with 2 inches of untouched perfect snow. So I did what any sane person would do at 3:15am - I wrote my name using my footprints :D It won't last though as it is still throwing it down here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

No snow in Cork atm. Temp at -0.3 steady for the last hour or two. Hope the snow stays away until 8am. After that I hope it buckets down.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

At long last,proper snow!! Nice big flakes ,well worth the wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

chucken1 wrote: »
    So with regards to world domination...Clare,Limerick,Cork,Tipp and Waterford.. we're the only ones not gettin the snow.

Good mix of Munster there..:D

cloudy here in Thurles - very cold -3 according to the car temp.

No sign of sneachta.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

rob180 wrote: »
    At long last,proper snow!! Nice big flakes ,well worth the wait:D

Up the kingdom!

hinault wrote: »
    cloudy here in Thurles - very cold -3 according to the car temp.

No sign of sneachta.

I thought ye were all on the beer.. my interweb went off and I never noticed :rolleyes:..Anyways.you ok for takin over the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

For once the snow lovers of Europe are looking at us in envy :)

Meteoalarm - Severe weather warning for Ireland

I thought ye were all on the beer.. my interweb went off and I never noticed :rolleyes:..Anyways.you ok for takin over the world?

On the beer?
    'Fraid not.

Still as dry as a bone over here.

On the beer?
    'Fraid not.

Still as dry as a bone over here.

But we're ok for takin over the world? :D

But we're ok for takin over the world? :D

Weren't we taken over by Europe after Wednesdays dail vote?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anyone in longford still on and confirm is it still snowing and is there much? Went to bed at 12 and was snowing just woke for the loo and its heavier than ever not looking forward to trip to longford at half 7. I'm I'm Strokestown in roscommon now

• Advertisement

Weren't we taken over by Europe after Wednesdays dail vote?;)

Clare and Tipp can reverse that.. We can!!! we're tough and stubborn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Have 8 -10inches of snow. Ok how i maybe be off work a few days as no chance gettin out in car, May have to break open the xmas drink early.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

davehey79 wrote: »
    Anyone in longford still on and confirm is it still snowing and is there much? Went to bed at 12 and was snowing just woke for the loo and its heavier than ever not looking forward to trip to longford at half 7. I'm I'm Strokestown in roscommon now

Dunno - but I can tell you that its snowing bigtime - heaviest yet in Castlebar as I type. there's been flurrys all night but this is a sustained heavy tip. careful out there - I finish night-shift at 7 - it will be well dodgy. Twas bad enough at 11 last night!

rilz wrote: »
    Have 8 -10inches of snow. Ok how i maybe be off work a few days as no chance gettin out in car, May have to break open the xmas drink early.

wow thats mad:D, thought i was on top with four inches , i opened my xmas scotch a few hours ago and feel much better:pac: go for it

still a wild night out there , drifts building up in the yard and difficult to give accurate depth with it blowing about and am not going out there am too cosy in front of the stove:D

Still snowing here, it actually causing my Sky to lose satellite reception:D

You polish off that bottle yet mountainy man?

only half way in to it yet and keyboard looking a bit blurry , think i will sleep soon, having a lovely night not been this relaxed in ages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    I am off to castlebar from dublin now whats the chances getting there

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Timistry

rob, how much do you have on the ground now? Im jetting off to Kerry for the xmas and id love some snow on the low ground when i get home. It would be magical! The reeks are going to be plastered. twill be a postcard scene out my window

• Advertisement

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi
    I am off to castlebar from dublin now whats the chances getting there

I would'nt immagine conditions are too bad east of the shannon but recon as you go further west you will run into pretty severe weather, councils usually start to treat roads at 4.30 am but will be a loosing battle i fear as snow continues to fall. I would stay where you are, unless any one in mayo can give you any more info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement