Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wonder are tempertures still looking cold for Dublin next week? Wonder will our bets win.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

NIALL D wrote: »
    been on most the evnin .. watchin posts charts etc..

jus wondering should we expect any snow around tipp/kilkeny area tonight or is it mainly from tomorrow on ? cheers ;)

think its mainly tomorrow evening for us so get what you need tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

lots of snow pounding NI, particularly the east.

Wouldn't disbelieve reports of 4-6 inches in some hilly spots at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭laurence997

Ok. I'm fed up already. Where is my snow :P

I have great faith in MT and he promised clare 3 cm of snow for tonight, not a snowflake. Hopefully not a sign of things to come :rolleyes:

*joins seafields snow dance* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

very very vey light snow in dublin right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    you mean about 3 or 4 cm at a push!!:D:D
    Can't wait till it starts again in Castleknock,you best get a decent ruler soon as the last few snow measurements were massively inflated :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Wonder are tempertures still looking cold for Dublin next week? Wonder will our bets win.

for what? christmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I have great faith in MT and he promised clare 3 cm of snow for tonight, not a snowflake. Hopefully not a sign of things to come :rolleyes:

One must not doubt the predictions of the great MT.

Once you believe it will come. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

SeaFields wrote: »
    If this whole event plays out just about right and transport is disrupted just enough I could have the easiest run up to Christmas since i started my stupid retail job...

****initiates snow dance****

(Once it clears up so I can get to my mammys for my present on Christmas day:o)

Please,please put your location in your user profile before we all go mad looking for where you are. This applies to everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

*joins seafields snow dance* :D

We got an hour or so in East Clare today..but it didnt stick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

Hi, whats the story for Dublin now? It seems to be constantly changing, one minute I look and everyone is rejoicing and then in despair! Anyone have anything sure for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Have about four inches here, its drifting as well in the strong wind with the showers , its pretty calm when its not snowing, my sunken laneway is starting to fill up!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

lots of snow pounding NI, particularly the east.

Wouldn't disbelieve reports of 4-6 inches in some hilly spots at this point.

I just measured 9cms in my back garden and that's in Rosetta area of Belfast. That's since 8pm and its been coming down steadily over the last 1.5 hours. I can only imagine what its like outside the city!
    -3c at the minute
    :)

Have about four inches here, its drifting as well in the strong wind with the showers , its pretty calm when its not snowing, my sunken laneway is starting to fill up!

:eek:..hope you've stocked up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

graupel, graupel and more graupel :rolleyes:

Bit of a disaster considering how much things were built up, still barely an inch here. Northern Ireland seems to be getting the brunt of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭county man

Cold clear and frosty here.
    No sign of any snow tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Hi, whats the story for Dublin now? It seems to be constantly changing, one minute I look and everyone is rejoicing and then in despair! Anyone have anything sure for Dublin?

I'm in Lucan Village and have just looked outside, the sky is clear overhead, but there is a big cloud a few miles east of here, which would be consistent with a report of light snow over Ballyfermot...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kwik

it was just snowin in ballyfermot about five minutes ago but its stopped now

Harps wrote: »
    graupel, graupel and more graupel :rolleyes:

Bit of a disaster considering how much things were built up, still barely an inch here. Northern Ireland seems to be getting the brunt of it

I'm going to name my first born female child Graupel! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

milly4ever wrote: »
    you're just jealous!:p
    haven't seen snow this heavy in a long time
    when you get this much then your ya can jeer enniscorthy
    last week wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

slingshot wrote: »
    Please,please put your location in your user profile before we all go mad looking for where you are. This applies to everybody.

Done. Been using boards for years and only did that now :o

I'm going to name my first born female child Graupel! :D:D:D

Do ya..It can be the new seasonal name :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

chucken1 wrote: »
    :eek:..hope you've stocked up!!

hiya chucken1

oh ya! i have enough food and fuel to see out a small nuclear winter:D, loads of chocolate too!

You will get your turn tomorrow:P mabey...........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

jimmy.d wrote: »
    when you get this much then your ya can jeer enniscorthylast week wexford

lol :D Snow sitting in chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Stuck the head outside in Galway city and there's very light snow, bit of a covering on the cars. Have to head home shortly, should be an interesting drive to say the least. Has anyone been out around galway roads? are they well gritted etc.?

just drove from Salthill out West along the coast road. Roads are slippery enough - not as bad that you need to crawl, but defo not gritted or made for driving very fast...(doesn't stop some idiots, but hey...)

to see out a small nuclear winter:D

SHHHHHH, one of those is forecast as well!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

:eek:

Did any of you just see the pics on RTE news weather?

Lake Eerie, USA. The wind blew water onto a light house and it froze...

Never seen anything like it ..

68725634-lake.jpg

Washington Post

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2010/12/frozen_lighthouse_ice_sculptur.html

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

No I haven't the foggiest about the weather (no pun intended):o and I'm not going to learn the charts now because they seem to keep changing and every media outlet is reporting different things.

Were MTs accumalations affected by these downgrades? Are these crazy snowstorms going to come or has it been severly downgraded and will never reach the heighst the hype was building up to?

All I know is it snowed lightly all day in Donegal. Heavily and is setting in the North east and the west and a few isolated showers elsewhere. Is there something coming for the east or does anybody know whats going on anymore?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

next snow shower just heading towards galway to the east of the city, last one deposited almost 1cm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 valz08

Snowing heavy here.... Halfway between Athlone and Roscommon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement