Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National: Severe Cold/ Snow Discussion (Thanks to all!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

irish1967 wrote: »
    Snowing quite heavily here again. Like clockwork now every 30mins or so.. would love a more sustained period of snow with big chunky flakes.

Edit: WHITEOUT:D
    Is your websnowcam working?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Someone's ego is hurting them this morning after a certain GFS and NAE run:p

I figured the previous model charts were a bit overblown, certainly the predictions of 45cm in certain low-lying parts. Those models have a pesky habit of occasionally exaggerating frontal precipitation while understating convection. Got to do with grid resolution I suppose. I don't think the potential has suddenly vanished.

TBC, a polar low is gonna form in the next 12 hours and were gonna get pasted in a foot of the white stuff, okay! We will all be happy campers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Snowing quite heavily here again. Like clockwork now every 30mins or so.. would love a more sustained period of snow with big chunky flakes.

Edit: WHITEOUT:D

You need to get a forum ban!!!!!!!!:mad:

Bright and sunny here:D

<<<<<<<<<Jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Weathercheck stop teasing us !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Is your websnowcam working?
    Tried it yesterday... wont work with windows 7... might try it on the pc later but thats not a great view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can't believe it, fecking parts of London are going to be hit with up to half an hour's snow while I've only seen a few flakes blowing in the wind in Dublin. And south Armagh and Slieve Gullion looks to be really killing those showers as they cross the border...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really heavy graupel right now, if this keeps up until tonight its going to easily out do two weeks ago. 5 inches in places already, another few easily going to be added today by the looks of it

Someone let me know if this is working
    http://www.ustream.tv/broadcaster/1510062

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The snow is really pelting down in Strabane now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Very heavy snow in Ballina, with about 3-4 inches on ground at the moment, reports of 2 jack-knifed trucks on N5, castlebar to dublin road and about 40 cars which cant move due to road conditions, heard through a friend that Mayo C.C are also out of salt stocks! Almost blizzard conditions here now as I type and I need to get home as I'm at work.

I'm supposed to travel to ballina tonight for mums retirement do. Is it that bad?? Would I make it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

All I get is a sign up page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

tried but says need registration

nope...

even when i log in it still says it cannot be displayed

Try now. Duh forgot to press start

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Just getting page not found for you

about 2 - 3 cm's of snow in Loughrea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Sorry the requested page cannot be found.

It still won't work for me. I tried mine just now but it's so white outside and the sun is out the picture is impossible to see.

Longest and heaviest shower so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

TBC, a polar low is gonna form in the next 12 hours and were gonna get pasted in a foot of the white stuff, okay! We will all be happy campers!
    ?! I suppose there's a bit of potential for one to reach here later this evening but I've seen far better synoptic conditions for one and nothing came of it. And probably the best place to look for a polar low heading to Ireland is off the south coast of Iceland and I can only see the main PV moving south in that region.

Actually, perhaps I shouldn't be pissing on your parade, I think your sanity doesn't need it right now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Bugger. Come to Dublin, goddammit(the snow i mean!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Same, looks amazing right now, visibility is extremely low and its gone on for ages. Most showers last night only lasted 10 minutes at most, this one is half an hour so far and by far the heaviest I've seen! This could be an epic day at this rate :D

And as with everyone else, the stream doesnt seem to work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Jaysus according to this it's 99 degrees in Claremorris :pac: :pac:

http://www.irelandsweather.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

nope...

even when i log in it still says it cannot be displayed

The link didn't work but I did a search for ireland and found a video called snow.

Don't know if this link will work:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/northwest-ireland

It's gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wish it would just f**k off tbh, sick to death of this weather

and people who dont know how to drive on snow shouldnt be out in it :mad:

and OH drove to sligo to work this morning, hope she gets home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

The N4 between Carrick on Shannon and Boyle is fine for driving, but more snow is due here later.

I was in Lough Key Forest Park (Boyle) this morning, and the only one out there. It was beautiful. My dogs had a ball running around in the snow.

It seems to be treacherous around Sligo, on the local radio station Ocean FM there was a lorry jackknifed on the Collooney roundabout and cars were sliding all over the place in Sligo Town! Talked to a work mate who came from Sligo to Collooney today and she said it was really dangerous. Cars are advised to avoid hilly areas in Sligo.

Meanwhile in Dromahair the snow is pelting down! There was approx 3 inches of fluffy white snow down earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Bugger. Come to Dublin, goddammit(the snow i mean!:D)
    Weren't you moaning last week about how you couldn't get to work and had to get taxis etc etc? You've changed your tune! :eek: Welcome aboard! :p

Something up out on the bypass Ed... Artic been stopped for a while.. now ambulance has arrived :(
    6d663f6f.jpg

kenmc wrote: »
    Weren't you moaning last week about how you couldn't get to work and had to get taxis etc etc? You've changed your tune! :eek: Welcome aboard! :p

LOL. It looks like it could be here(Dublin) for the weekend, so that doesn't bother me too much. :D

• Advertisement

Something up out on the bypass Ed... Artic been stopped for a while.. now ambulance has arrived :(
    6d663f6f.jpg

:( hope they're ok??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement