Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Overheal wrote: »
    Consoles don't have a great track record to start with.

PS4 will be a massive improvement. Warframe will be updated in line with the PC at least twice monthly. Cross platform play too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Do the mods work with the DLC as well? Also the Skyrim UI mod isn't working properly for me. Every time I launch the game I get a message telling me that it didn't install properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

MadYaker wrote: »
    Do the mods work with the DLC as well? Also the Skyrim UI mod isn't working properly for me. Every time I launch the game I get a message telling me that it didn't install properly.

The SkyUI mod drives me nuts. I play the game once a month or so and every.single.time. it tells me the version of Skyrim I'm using is not supported by the version of SkyUI. So I have to go off and download it again. And then manually drag it to the Skyrim folder. **** that.

I think there might be a way to do it with nexusmods but I've never go it working. All I want to do is boot Skyrim up in the Steam and play it with SkyUI and maybe the HD mods. PITA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

quarryman wrote: »
    So I have to go off and download it again. And then manually drag it to the Skyrim folder.

jesus

bethesda should hire you, nevermind that kid that made that mod everyone's so impressed by. that's some serious work you put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

The SkyUI mod drives me nuts. I play the game once a month or so and every.single.time. it tells me the version of Skyrim I'm using is not supported by the version of SkyUI. So I have to go off and download it again. And then manually drag it to the Skyrim folder. **** that.

I think there might be a way to do it with nexusmods but I've never go it working. All I want to do is boot Skyrim up in the Steam and play it with SkyUI and maybe the HD mods. PITA.
    Are you confusing SkyUI with SKSE? (which in fairness SkyUI does require). In any case unless Bethesda release another patch there probably won't be much need for another version of SKSE so as long as you have the current version of both you should be good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You're starting the game wrong. All you need to do is replace your desktop icon with the SKSE shortcut.Then evertime you go to run Skyrim it'll do it right everytime. Also, I bet you're experiencing sluggish menu pop ups. i.e. it takes about 5 seconds to open a menu? That's why. It runs perfect when you start skyrim using SKSE. You cant click play from within Steam as you would any other game. It wont work that way.

jesus

bethesda should hire you, nevermind that kid that made that mod everyone's so impressed by. that's some serious work you put in.

Ye think? I should contact them so.

"Dear Todd, I'm not sure if you've read the thread on boards.ie, but I had to manually install SKSE about 6 times over the last year. I think we'll both agree this eclipses the effort level put in by the guy who made that mod. I'll see you monday, make sure I have a desk near a window.

Adyx wrote: »
    Are you confusing SkyUI with SKSE? (which in fairness SkyUI does require). In any case unless Bethesda release another patch there probably won't be much need for another version of SKSE so as long as you have the current version of both you should be good to go.

You're correct I mixed up SKSE with SKYui.
    You're starting the game wrong. All you need to do is replace your desktop icon with the SKSE shortcut.Then evertime you go to run Skyrim it'll do it right everytime. Also, I bet you're experiencing sluggish menu pop ups. i.e. it takes about 5 seconds to open a menu? That's why. It runs perfect when you start skyrim using SKSE. You cant click play from within Steam as you would any other game. It wont work that way.

I did that, replaced Skyrim shortcut with the SKSE one. It worked. Then a month later I played the game and was told I needed to download the poxy file again. Then again a month later. I have no issues with performance when it works but it just seems like in the age of seamless mod integration in Steam that we'd have moved beyond this messing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

SkyUI is probably the only mod that should be 'must have' for everyone. It's a massive improvement over the default UI.

There are loads of others that i would consider 'must have' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I've a mix of graphic/audio/UI mods from steam working but I'm not getting the result I'd hoped for.

Gonna try using the nexus mods and enb to produce as detailed graphics as i can.

Hopefully fps drop isn't monumental.

I'm using Nexus. Its good and easy to use. I've a good few graphics mods installed and they do make a difference. Especially with the water. I installed SKSE and now the UI mod is working properly and it is a vast improvement. I also installed another mod that is supposed to add a load of new types of armor to the game but I don't think its working because I haven't anything new. I'm hacking and blasting my way through Dragonborn DLC at the moment and really liking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah got Nexus and SKSE running yesterday, using improved static meshes, climates of tamriel, Project ENB, WATER, SkyUI and a few others. Has made a massive difference

Soverngarde :cool:

dzrf.jpg

Just finished the main quest again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Just spent the last 10 hours in Falskaar and haven't even started the main questline for it yet :D really impressed so far the quests are really enjoyable and the acting is quality, I wouldn't have had any problems forking out money for it if it was official dlc.

Quick question, is anyone here using ENB v0.168 and if so how much is it affecting your fps? I only installed it recently from the devs main site (http://www.enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrim.htm) but my fps has dropped from a constant 60 down to 25 in some areas so I've now had to turn it off which is really bugging me because I wan't the game looking as good as possible while maintaining decent fps (40-50ish).

Pc Specs; Cpu- I5 oc'd @ 4.5Ghz
    Ram- 8gb
    Gpu- Sapphire VaporX 7950
    I'm also playing Skyrim through my SSD drive (don't think this has any effect on fps tho)

After a day of fiddling about i finally got the RealVision ENB working with climates of tamriel and Realistic lighting overhaul.

Looks top of the range now :D

Started a new wood elf archer. Should be fun.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    After a day of fiddling about i finally got the RealVision ENB working with climates of tamriel and Realistic lighting overhaul.

What sort of frames are you getting now man?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ive noticed I've been getting a lot of headshots as an archer these days, not sure if more skill or just levelling up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Don't install any mods (well maybe a few graphical ones) until you've played the vanilla game for a while.

Figure out what bugs you about the vanilla game and see if there is a mod to fix it.

I can never understand people wanting to rush into throwing mods at games when they haven't played it without em first.

I would agree with this. I played Oblivion without mods until I decided a few things just annoyed me. I like to have as much of the experience that the game designers expected me to have.

I recently got Skyrim in the Steam sale. Just wondering if you have any suggestions for good graphical mods you have used/know of that are worth tryin out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

sarumite wrote: »
    I recently got Skyrim in the Steam sale. Just wondering if you have any suggestions for good graphical mods you have used/know of that are worth tryin out.

There's the Steam HD textures, they get downloaded automatically, I believe.

You can get these from the Nexus (their mod manager is almost as essential in my mind as the Skyrim Script Extender)

Static Mesh Improvement

Water and Terrain Enhancement (WATER)

Realistic Lighting Overhaul

Couple these (they're the major ones I use, plus lots of little ones) with the ENB series improvements - pick one that appeals to you and run with it - and it seriously improves how Skyrim looks.

From the Steam workshop (I use a hodgepodge of both, probably not the best idea but I can't be arsed going through them all again).

More Dynamic Shadows with Striping Fixed
    Enhanced Distant Terrain
    Voidcraft Optics series (I think there's three).
    Improved Interior Lighting (For Realistic Lighting Mods)

What sort of frames are you getting now man?

Getting 30ish outdoors and 60 indoors.

Happy enough as the outdoors feels more movie-like at around 30-40 frames. Feels epic.

I'll try get a pic or two up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Very late adopter reporting for duty, kind sirs. Dragonborn Black Swan removes Daedric helmet and salutes.

Just bought Skyrim, the April 2013 release updated version. I love this contribution to a genre filled with swords, armour, magic, and mythical plots.

Fighting on horseback is cool. After the first charge, I normally sheath my sword and use the enhanced Dwarven crossbow with explosive Dwarven Ice. Now need a mod to put my companion on a 2nd horse to join the fight, including a cavalry charge with impact. A little horse armour would help, too. Maybe the game developers could have jousting in their next release, along with fighting on horseback trainers and skills?

Would also like to see more elaborated and personable characters like pure blood vampire Serana. She is so active, elusive, and personable. I would expand on this, and have more different and complex character interactions. Have any lads used a mod to marry her? If so, was it buggy?

You lads probably don't care, but I would like the game developers to add a bit more spice to marriage. Or better yet, include casual dating, courtship, and maybe a hot scene or two. And when it doesn't work out, a divorce without having to kill your spouse. Oh... I've seen the code to replace them, but something that fits into the gaming storyboard with scripted dialogue options would be cool.

Apologies for being a bit of a noob in this game. I just started playing a few days ago, and have to take time out for uni, work, food, party time, and sleep (My Skyrim spouse's meals don't seem to fill me up, nor does their sleep times help to keep me awake).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Black Swan, have you played Mount & Blade? It could scratch a lot of your horseback battlin' itches. It's maybe not as deep combat wise, but the big giant battle chargey feel does compensate for it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

got platinum trophy in this last summer ,a bit sad,but was out of work what else would you be doing sure

Black Swan wrote: »
    Very late adopter reporting for duty, kind sirs. Dragonborn Black Swan removes Daedric helmet and salutes.

Just bought Skyrim, the April 2013 release updated version. I love this contribution to a genre filled with swords, armour, magic, and mythical plots.

Fighting on horseback is cool. After the first charge, I normally sheath my sword and use the enhanced Dwarven crossbow with explosive Dwarven Ice. Now need a mod to put my companion on a 2nd horse to join the fight, including a cavalry charge with impact. A little horse armour would help, too. Maybe the game developers could have jousting in their next release, along with fighting on horseback trainers and skills?

Would also like to see more elaborated and personable characters like pure blood vampire Serana. She is so active, elusive, and personable. I would expand on this, and have more different and complex character interactions. Have any lads used a mod to marry her? If so, was it buggy?

You lads probably don't care, but I would like the game developers to add a bit more spice to marriage. Or better yet, include casual dating, courtship, and maybe a hot scene or two. And when it doesn't work out, a divorce without having to kill your spouse. Oh... I've seen the code to replace them, but something that fits into the gaming storyboard with scripted dialogue options would be cool.

Apologies for being a bit of a noob in this game. I just started playing a few days ago, and have to take time out for uni, work, food, party time, and sleep (My Skyrim spouse's meals don't seem to fill me up, nor does their sleep times help to keep me awake).
    Here's some of the mods I use that I think you would like :)

Follower horse mod- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11193//?
    Horse Armour- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13348//?
    Divorce Mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30339//?
    One of my favourite mods an absolute must have imo it adds a ton of npcs to Skyrim + 20 new followers they are fully voice acted and a lot of them have there own quests- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429//?

I have a few tasty pics but at 8mb each, finding it hard to upload them somewhere.

Anyone know a good way to edit/modify size without destroying the pic (media is my weakness).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Here's some of the mods I use that I think you would like :)

Follower horse mod- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11193//?
    Horse Armour- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13348//?
    Divorce Mod http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/30339//?
    One of my favourite mods an absolute must have imo it adds a ton of npcs to Skyrim + 20 new followers they are fully voice acted and a lot of them have there own quests- http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429//?
    Wow! I wish I could thank you several times! :D

I have a few tasty pics but at 8mb each, finding it hard to upload them somewhere.

Anyone know a good way to edit/modify size without destroying the pic (media is my weakness).

What are you using to upload them? I use Imageshack and i think it lets you resize them before posting them on a forum.

MadYaker wrote: »
    What are you using to upload them? I use Imageshack and i think it lets you resize them before posting them on a forum.
    Yea tried image-shack but it says only files of 5mb are allowed to be upload...?

Maybe i need to register an account? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Open it in paint and resize it ya loon - 8MB??!?! :D

• Advertisement

Try imgur.com

Advertisement