Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus, had a google about some of the mods in your post and they actually have me mildly interested in skyrim again

naturally I find out 2 weeks after the steal sale ends that i need dragonborn and dawnguard :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

jesus, had a google about some of the mods in your post and they actually have me mildly interested in skyrim again

naturally I find out 2 weeks after the steal sale ends that i need dragonborn and dawnguard :/
    Steal sales don't matter. Many cdkey sites still offer the expansions cheap enough. (no Russian)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I don't know if you're into modding Skyrim, but if you haven't used them before, other good immersion ones are...

Live Another Life - skip the whole starting intro crap - pick one of a load of preset starting positions, including owning property in any of the cities, being a vampire, starting out in any of the guilds, colleges, etc.

Populated Lands Roads Paths along with Organised Bandits in Skyrim. Adds a lot of traffic to the roads, all aligned to different factions, etc. Makes it a bit busier, and adds a level of immersion as well since it's not all just focused around you (or appears more that way).

Immersive Armours and Immersive Weapons. Lots more of both. Add a lot more variety without being overpowered. Keeps it a bit varied.

If you do go for it, Gopher has a great wee video on keeping everything levelled and working together - along with the one Michael Cravez linked before. It's for SkyRe, but I use it everytime I set up Skyrim (that's happened a few times).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfR2Sts6jXM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah ive modded skyrim a few times, but every time I get a few hours in and realise it's the same dull game underneath all the prettiness. maybe some of the mods listed here will add a bit of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

yeah ive modded skyrim a few times, but every time I get a few hours in and realise it's the same dull game underneath all the prettiness. maybe some of the mods listed here will add a bit of interest.

Ah, I can understand that. For me, avoiding the main questline helps there, just doing your own thing. That said, there's only so much of it you can do, it can't completely redesign the game after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing this on the Oculus Rift is pretty good, though the HUD is still a bit hard to read and combat can be wobbly and awkward to get used to.

Still, it's cool to just walk around places like Windhelm and see the snow flakes drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone using mods to stop the incessant sorting of your inventory into containers. I put 200 hours into Skyrim at release and I think half of it was trying to have the right things on my person and the rest in containers while trying to avoid being over encumbered! Do mods which increase your carry weight still cause problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

This is one of my favourite "immersion" mods it adds a ton of npcs with interesting dialogue and some really cool quests http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8429/?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Agricola wrote: »
    Anyone using mods to stop the incessant sorting of your inventory into containers. I put 200 hours into Skyrim at release and I think half of it was trying to have the right things on my person and the rest in containers while trying to avoid being over encumbered! Do mods which increase your carry weight still cause problems?

You don't need mods, you can increase your max carry weight via the console.

I think the command is: player.modav carryweight X

• Registered Users Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

humanji wrote: »
    Screw the lot of you! You've got me reinstalling Skyrim and it's mods. And I had plans for the rest of the month...

them and you

/grumbly xbox user :(

• Advertisement

Few moar pics. So far so good running stable.

KmdoJwsl.png

TF1fE1Il.png

HjDSSb8l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Legendary edition can be gotten here for €19.99 which works out €1 cheaper than buying the 2 DLCs you mentioned. Not as cheap as the steam sale but still a fairly good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I still play quite a bit, but I reckon like most people I spend more time Modding than actually playing it these days.

Anyway, a few quick screencaps. If you're into immersion mods, I highly recommend Winter is Coming cloak mod. Works great with Frostfall.

suwrq9.jpg

ei61ck.jpg

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Few moar pics. So far so good running stable.

KmdoJwsl.png

TF1fE1Il.png

HjDSSb8l.png

Hey dude, what visual mods/enb are you using, your exteriors look way better than mine :pac: ?

Hey dude, what visual mods/enb are you using, your exteriors look way better than mine :pac: ?
    The mods require at least 2.6GB VRAM so were not very stable on my system (Only 2gb VRAM). I've since downgraded.

Those pics are taken with:

FULL VERSION Realvision Enb
    Climate of tamriel
    Flora overhaul
    Lush trees+Grass
    Skyrim HD 4K textures
    W.A.T.E.R.
    Enhanced Distance Terrain
    Realistic lighting overhaul
    aMidianBorn Caves and Mines
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod

That's all the major ones i think (about 80 other small ones).

Edit: The only thing I've downgraded is Skyrim HD from 4k to 2k and a 'lite' version of another mod (of which i can't remember!).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Damn you all, got me back playing this again. So much time sunk into this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Taylor365 wrote: »
    The mods require at least 2.6GB VRAM so were not very stable on my system (Only 2gb VRAM). I've since downgraded.

Those pics are taken with:

FULL VERSION Realvision Enb
    Climate of tamriel
    Flora overhaul
    Lush trees+Grass
    Skyrim HD 4K textures
    W.A.T.E.R.
    Enhanced Distance Terrain
    Realistic lighting overhaul
    aMidianBorn Caves and Mines
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod

That's all the major ones i think (about 80 other small ones).

Edit: The only thing I've downgraded is Skyrim HD from 4k to 2k and a 'lite' version of another mod (of which i can't remember!).

By any chance have you tried all these mods without using the ENB. Be interesting to know how big a chunk of the performance is directly related to that.

Agricola wrote: »
    By any chance have you tried all these mods without using the ENB. Be interesting to know how big a chunk of the performance is directly related to that.
    TBH, without the ENB, Skyrim looks incredibly dull.

If i was to get rid of all mods, this would be the last. Except for posh mud-crabs ofc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MadYaker wrote: »
    Damn you all, got me back playing this again. So much time sunk into this game.
    Indeed. This week's schedule: Work, school, food, Skyrim, sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Took a break from Skyrim for a while there. (Over 226hours logged, what is wrong with me!!!)

But was playing this evening, just wandering around the wasteland near Whiterun, Legendary Dragon lands behind me, turn to see the ground tossed up into the air, everything shaking, then epic music starts...........

And the sneaky f**ker whips me with his tail, sending me flying against some rocks.

Forgot how cool this game could be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Legendary Dragon lands behind me... whips me with his tail, sending me flying against some rocks.
    Sneaky Legendary Dragons... love them! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This thread is really making me want to spend a bit of time learning how to mod the game properly:)

I played this on ps3 for about 180 hours(spent mostly faffing around doing very little and also after awhile I decided to walk everywhere, which I still do now) got to level 44 with a character that was such a mixed bag of all the skill trees he was a mess as I didnt really understand the character progression. Then I got YLOD on that ps3 and hey presto all saves gone when I got it back! Needless to say I was frustrated, I never even finished the main story:(

Got myself a decent pc start of last year and this was the second game I bought, currently have a level 41 conjurer playing vanilla but have not played in awhile so gonna finish the main quest then start a brand new game with a few mods.

Anybody know if resoluion causes a problem/issues for these graphical mods?
    Ive got a 1440p monitor and I can only imagine the demands on the pc with some of those mods used in the pics above

EoinHef wrote: »

Anybody know if resoluion causes a problem/issues for these graphical mods?
    Ive got a 1440p monitor and I can only imagine the demands on the pc with some of those mods used in the pics above

I have an R9 290 in my pc and with realvision enb frames can drop as low as 30 and that's playing on a 1080 monitor so I'd imagine @1440p it would be pretty heavy unless you have serious set up.

I have an R9 290 in my pc and with realvision enb frames can drop as low as 30 and that's playing on a 1080 monitor so I'd imagine @1440p it would be pretty heavy unless you have serious set up.

30fps at 1080p on a 290!! Man that is pretty heavy:( Thats a 4gb card aswell!!

Problem for me is I have a crossfire setup and Skyrim doesnt use the second card. It will only utilise one gpu for some reason.

So essentially id be trying to mod it with one 7950. Judging by the results your getting I doubt that would work at 1440p.

Thanks for the reply and info, I may try a few of the less demanding mods

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I dont have any issues with the mods running at 1080 with 7870 70 80 fps.

When you install a mod is it as easy as enabling/disabling them?

I only ask cause if I do get something like the above mods and the framerate plummets can I just disable it or will it require a full re install of the game?

I was planning on using the nexus for modding the game, which I have through steam incase thats relevant

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I dont have any issues with the mods running at 1080 with 7870 70 80 fps.

Do you use any enb? Most other visual mods wouldn't have a big hit on my frames but the enb really does and that's happened on both my 290 and the 7950 Vapor X which I had previously.

When you install a mod is it as easy as enabling/disabling them?

I only ask cause if I do get something like the above mods and the framerate plummets can I just disable it or will it require a full re install of the game?

I was planning on using the nexus for modding the game, which I have through steam incase thats relevant

Use Nexus mod manager and you'll be grand man, if somethings not working or giving you problems you can easily uninstall it.

30fps at 1080p on a 290!! Man that is pretty heavy:( Thats a 4gb card aswell!!
    mods

It can go as low as that but most of the time it would be between 45-60fps and indoors its constant 60.

• Advertisement

Use Nexus mod manager and you'll be grand man, if somethings not working or giving you problems you can easily uninstall it.

Cool thanks,ill run with that and see how I get on.

Multi gpu is officially supported but a quick look online suggests theres a few people its not working for, ill have to do a bit more digging on that front

Advertisement